Michael's Club 2019

Aqua water

8 minutes ago, Aqua water said:

I am wondering who is the Michael's Club for after the Equinox update.

Thank You

It will continue to be for Suite guests, CC Zenith members , and VIP's designated by X.

It will also be renamed the “Retreat Lounge”.

Edited by C-Dragons

Michael's Club was named for Michael Chandris, the son of the founder of Celebrity. Dropping the name is just another sign of a new direction. Maybe they're "Retreat"ing from the past? A terrible mistake in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Aqua water said:

Is it now the retreat?

Good question.

I was under the impression (which may be incorrect) that once a MC was renovated it would be renamed. The deck plans for Equinox on the X website still show it as MC, but their information for suite guests call the venue, the Retreat Lounge.

Edited by C-Dragons

This is the deck plan for the EQ now. Michael's Club is now called the Retreat Lounge and the Retreat Sundeck is on 16. The pictures of the renovation of MC look very nice, IMO.

1087964017_EQretreat.jpg.47eb757c500e1f1c7bcce3558dca54bc.jpg

1379942206_EQsundeck.jpg.05a475a49d4c5106e849e50aff168793.jpg

Edited by vtcruising

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This is the deck plan for the EQ now. Michael's Club is now called the Retreat Lounge and the Retreat Sundeck is on 16. The pictures of the renovation of MC look very nice, IMO.

1087964017_EQretreat.jpg.47eb757c500e1f1c7bcce3558dca54bc.jpg

1379942206_EQsundeck.jpg.05a475a49d4c5106e849e50aff168793.jpg

Too funny. 😊 That wasn’t what came up when I looked online.

So has Equinox completed the revolution?

Edited by C-Dragons

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

Too funny. 😊 That wasn’t what came up when I looked online.

Yes, you have to click down on the 02 May 2020 on the X site - they haven't changed the current one yet. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Aqua water said:

Thank You for everyone's help.

If you scroll through these pictures (little arrow on the right) you will see photos of the Retreat Sundeck and the renovated Michael's Club (now the Retreat Lounge). 🙂

I'm curious... Staying in a Sky suite on Reflection, are complimentary drinks and appetizers included in Michael's Club if you don't have a drink package or perks?

Edited by C-sea

22 minutes ago, C-sea said:

I'm curious...  are complimentary drinks and appetizers included in Michael's Club if you don't have a drink package or perks?

Yes, in Michael's Club or the Retreat Lounge they will serve drinks all day into the evening that are complimentary for those who can access the Retreat or Michael's. They serve a continental breakfast, afternoon tea and other appetizers (the Edge had sushi and other appetizers in the late afternoon/evening, for example).

Some Michael's Clubsand Retreat Lounges also have coolers with self-serve soda, water, etc. that are available 24/7.

806728129_retreatwater.thumb.jpg.b50e7d961958446ea21a5a7dc69ab7f6.jpg67578026_retreatsoda.thumb.jpg.a0aadcb73c5546cf4d2545fac2e2595b.jpg

image.png.e4c65765789663b08fd25651b6db1c04.png

image.thumb.png.280e8b6ef54b632717f37c486838a285.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

They also have coolers with self-serve soda, water, etc. that are available 24/7.

I know the Silhouette had the coolers, but Equinox didn't in March; were they added during the drydock?

It's no big deal to ask for a bottle of water or a Diet Coke, but several times we went in and there was no bartender to retrieve the drinks. (Or serve another drink.)

Stayed in a Sky suite on Edge but I had the Premium drink package so it didn't matter, this time I will be relying on the included suite benefits without a drink package. I'm also Elite and was told by a Celebrity rep that the Elite Happy Hour is only in the Sky Lounge now, Is that so?

Edited by C-sea

15 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I know the Silhouette had the coolers, but Equinox didn't in March; were they added during the drydock?

It's no big deal to ask for a bottle of water or a Diet Coke, but several times we went in and there was no bartender to retrieve the drinks. (Or serve another drink.)

Thanks for the correction - I edited it. The Reflection, M Class (behind the bar, but we helped ourselves if no one there) and the Edge had coolers, but I don't remember them in the Eclipse MC (so maybe not available in S Class except Reflection and Silhouette?). It will be interesting to see if they add them in the Revolution.🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, C-sea said:

Stayed in a Sky suite on Edge but I had the Premium drink package so it didn't matter, this time I will be relying on the included suite benefits without a drink package. I'm also Elite and was told by a Celebrity rep that the Elite Happy Hour is only in the Sky Lounge now, Is that so?

The happy hour is as it has always been 5-7 in the Sky Lounge.  Earlier this year they rolled out a change where you can also get unlimited drinks (from the limited list available in the happy hour) in most other bars/lounges as well.  Not available in any dining rooms.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orator said:

Michael's Club was named for Michael Chandris, the son of the founder of Celebrity. Dropping the name is just another sign of a new direction. Maybe they're "Retreat"ing from the past? A terrible mistake in my opinion.

It is very clear that Zeniths are not welcome in the club. I don't see any reason they need to change the name.

They just want to make the suite guests feel special.

It is OK to me as long as they don't change my zenith benefits and force me to land tours vacation.

I don't go to the club much even when I was in the suite.

Last time we sailed with a Premium Drinks package, so we didn’t pay much attention to the detail of some of arrangements about drinks.  Our next sailing will be with only a Classic, but again in a suite, so I am interested in what I have read above.

Two questions:

1. In Michaels/Retreat, are the complimentary drinks offered from the Premium Package (or better)?  Specifically, can we get a glass of champagne?

2. We are newly Elites.  You are referring to a Happy Hour, which I am sure Celebrity would prefer you to describe as the “Evening Cocktail Hour” ( much more up market!). You are saying that this runs from 5 -7 and might now be offered in most/all bars.  Do the drinks offered come from a special  list and, if so, does that list include champagne? (I may be giving a clue as to my wife’s preferred tipple!)

14 minutes ago, Klapka said:

1. In Michaels/Retreat, are the complimentary drinks offered from the Premium Package (or better)?  Specifically, can we get a glass of champagne?

Yes, the drinks include top shelf drinks and champagne should be available (if you mean champagne, as opposed to a nice sparkling wine, I won't say for sure since there have been some reported cutbacks on some ships).

Edited by vtcruising

11 minutes ago, Klapka said:

Last time we sailed with a Premium Drinks package, so we didn’t pay much attention to the detail of some of arrangements about drinks.  Our next sailing will be with only a Classic, but again in a suite, so I am interested in what I have read above.

Two questions:

2. We are newly Elites.  You are referring to a Happy Hour, which I am sure Celebrity would prefer you to describe as the “Evening Cocktail Hour” ( much more up market!). You are saying that this runs from 5 -7 and might now be offered in most/all bars.  Do the drinks offered come from a special  list and, if so, does that list include champagne? (I may be giving a clue as to my wife’s preferred tipple!)

Michaels Club = Premium drinks. They may or may not travel to other bars if you ask for something they don't have in there. It depends on the individual serving you.

Happy hour can depend on the number of Elites on the individual sailing. Sometimes it's in the Sky Loungs but if there are many onboard you will be able to obtain unlimited drinks in any of the bars onboard but the dining rooms are excluded. The beverages included are limited and dare I say, lower end brands. You will not be able to obtain true champagne. 

11 minutes ago, Klapka said:

16 hours ago, verizon said:

It is very clear that Zeniths are not welcome in the club. I don't see any reason they need to change the name.

They just want to make the suite guests feel special.

It is OK to me as long as they don't change my zenith benefits and force me to land tours vacation.

I don't go to the club much even when I was in the suite.

I've always felt very welcomed in MC, especially by the MCC. People are people and you can find a jerk in any crowd that represents themselves and not the group in general. Suite passengers often ask me about destinations that they are thinking about booking and I'm more than pleased to answer their questions. 

• Like 3