Adventure of the seas condition

Hello and thanks in advance for responses.  Has anyone been on this ship recently?  I had someone tell me the ship is and looks old.  I am pretty sure it went into  a revamping not long ago.  Any help would be terrific!

Thank you

5 minutes ago, capnjoe said:

Hello and thanks in advance for responses.  Has anyone been on this ship recently?  I had someone tell me the ship is and looks old.  I am pretty sure it went into  a revamping not long ago.  Any help would be terrific!

Thank you

There are folk on here who will identify a teeny bit of corrosion and declare the entire ship a 'rust bucket'. Read all the replies before rushing to judgement.

• Haha 1

I was just on her last month for 12 days and she looks just fine. We had an aft balcony and we did see more rust than we have on other ships but it's a steel ship in salt water so some rust is to be expected. We did have a notice that they would be doing maintenance on port days but did not see any changes.

I also noticed the wall paper in the aft stairwell was completely bubbled and looked horrible (nothing I've ever seen on an RCI ship before) but for the most part the ship is in fine shape - no worries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Sunset Glow said:

I was just on her last month for 12 days and she looks just fine. We had an aft balcony and we did see more rust than we have on other ships but it's a steel ship in salt water so some rust is to be expected. We did have a notice that they would be doing maintenance on port days but did not see any changes.

I also noticed the wall paper in the aft stairwell was completely bubbled and looked horrible (nothing I've ever seen on an RCI ship before) but for the most part the ship is in fine shape - no worries.

Was on 5/5 to 5/17/19 Cruise, thought the ship was in great shape, did not have any structural problems that I noticed.

We just got off an Adventure cruise from Bayonne on Saturday. Our balcony midship on deck 6 was fine. Some very small stains on carpeting/couch. Lots of storage space in the cabin. I really didn’t notice any other issues around the ship. We enjoyed the Adventure very much but tend to prefer the older ships

. The food in the main dining room was good and I think the desserts have improved especially the apple pie. Have a wonderful cruise! 

We were on the ship this past March. Ship was beautiful. We didn't notice (and certainly didn't spend our cruise vacation looking for) anything ripped, bent of broken. The exterior hull did have some rust, but that is certainly expected. There were workers at almost every port with white paint and rollers touching up the hull. The ship is in great condition.

• Like 4

We too were on the 5/5/2019 cruise and it was WONDERFUL! We renewed our wedding vows and the photos turned out great wherever we took them.  The ship looked great.  Obviously an older ship, but Royal treats its ladies with great care.  Our room was a Junior Suite and it was very well taken care of.  Have a wonderful time.

• Like 3

We cruised on the Adventure of the Seas last March, our 1st RCCL cruise, snd we loved the ship. Can't wait to cruise on her again next March. The ship was beautiful, spotless and in great condition, especially compared to the Carnival ship we went on for our Side2Side cruise.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Would love to cruise Adventure again, but all the current itineraries are same old same old out of NJ.

Voyager class ships are my favorite. We cruise on Ovation in September which will be our first Quantum class ship so we'll see if we have a new favorite then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Voyager class ships are my favorite. We cruise on Ovation in September which will be our first Quantum class ship so we'll see if we have a new favorite then.

We have done Anthem, loved the two70, looking forward to Quantum out of Hong Kong in February.  Solarium is also comfortable and a good place to eat.  We also enjoyed 15 days on Mariner, would try any Voyager class ship.

We were on her for the 5/17/19 sailing and I agree with everyone else....compared to brand new ships she's a bit "dated" but overall in good shape. The only thing I noticed in our cabin was the varnish on the balcony railing could use a redo (I'm assuming that's just a constant battle anyway) but the interior was pretty good with newer carpet and what seemed like a newer couch-we were on her 15 years ago and I remember a lot more teal back then lol! The rest of the ship seemed great to me. Have a great trip!!

• Like 2

I cruised on the Adventure of the Sea back in April.  I would say the ship may not be as fancy or modern as the newer ships, but by no means is it a “rust” bucket.  I had a balcony cabin and I only observed very little rust.  Considering the age of the ship it’s in pretty good shape.  I would definitely sail this ship again.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 4:34 PM, mugtech said:

We have done Anthem, loved the two70, looking forward to Quantum out of Hong Kong in February.  Solarium is also comfortable and a good place to eat.  We also enjoyed 15 days on Mariner, would try any Voyager class ship.

We did Anthem out of Bayonne and those were our 2 favorite places as well, two70 and the Solarium!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, skibee said:

We just got off an Adventure cruise from Bayonne on Saturday. Our balcony midship on deck 6 was fine. Some very small stains on carpeting/couch. Lots of storage space in the cabin. I really didn’t notice any other issues around the ship. We enjoyed the Adventure very much but tend to prefer the older ships

. The food in the main dining room was good and I think the desserts have improved especially the apple pie. Have a wonderful cruise! 

What cabin #?  We have balcony cabin 6612on our upcoming cruise in Dec.  Looks like it's the first hump balcony but I haven't been able to find a lot of info on it.

We were on the Adventure from 4/27/19 to  5/31/19.  She's in great shape, the crew is amazing, the food is good (Windjammer lunches tasty but repetitive).  

The apple pie a la mode in the main dining room is FABULOUS!!