Guaranty assignment?

• Clarea changed the title to Guaranty assignment?
1 hour ago, jeanneful said:

When do they usually assign your cabin when booking a GYT

You might not get a specific cabin, but once you check in (90 days out) your SetSail pass may show the deck for your cabin.

Just saying what happened to me. I never do that but for some reason I did not book a certain cabin for the very first time. When I arrived at check in I was given the sate room. I sad I did not book that room. She replied you did not book any specific room. Never happen again. It was a terrible room.

2 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Just saying what happened to me. I never do that but for some reason I did not book a certain cabin for the very first time. When I arrived at check in I was given the sate room. I sad I did not book that room. She replied you did not book any specific room. Never happen again. It was a terrible room.

Of all the people on here who report booking guarantees very few ever say they get their assignment at the pier.  It does happen but usually they are assigned before then, even if it’s a few days or a week prior..

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You might not get a specific cabin, but once you check in (90 days out) your SetSail pass may show the deck for your cabin.

We are 10 days out and haven't been assigned yet- where would I look on our set sail pass?  I don't see anything but maybe I am looking in the wrong place!

7 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

We are 10 days out and haven't been assigned yet- where would I look on our set sail pass?  I don't see anything but maybe I am looking in the wrong place!

Right side, large bold print, under "Deck" and "Stateroom"

10 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

Got it- thanks!  It just says REPRINT-GTY.  Oh well- maybe we will win the bid we put in!

Try reprinting, see if anything has changed.

48 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

Did they send you your E Docs? I saw it there before I logged in to look.

It seems to be taking longer and longer to be assigned a cabin number. With the up bid and having the ability to change cabins once assigned I think Royal has found a way to keep people from changing cabins and decks until it is too late to change to a better cabin location or a different deck.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

It seems to be taking longer and longer to be assigned a cabin number. With the up bid and having the ability to change cabins once assigned I think Royal has found a way to keep people from changing cabins and decks until it is too late to change to a better cabin location or a different deck.   

^^^This, this, a thousand times this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Agreed. That is exactly why, tag. :classic_huh::classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Bon Voyage!

What category is your guarantee?  Are you happy with your assignment?

We are in an ocean view balcony.  I was very nervous about the room assignment but it turned out great from what I can tell.  We will see when we get on the ship :).  We are on deck 10 kind of mid ship forward if that makes sense.  I hope you have great luck and your room assignment comes quickly!

24 minutes ago, kcmrlitz said:

We are in an ocean view balcony.  I was very nervous about the room assignment but it turned out great from what I can tell.  We will see when we get on the ship :).  We are on deck 10 kind of mid ship forward if that makes sense.  I hope you have great luck and your room assignment comes quickly!

Oh, I have already "lived" my guarantee booking.  Received the actual cabin number two and a half days before sailing. WORST balcony cabin on the ship.  I was fine, but I would guess that most people would have been DEEPLY unhappy.  :)

Sounds like you have a good one, though!  Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...