Sweet white wine, what should I choose?

1 hour ago, Esmerelda said:

For Croozin Soozin; 

My hubby and I have been ketoing for a while now.  Someone had posted this a few weeks ago.  if you are interested to know about carb content this is very helpful.  I’m fortunate as I love Sauvignon Blanc and occasionally a Pinot Grigio.  (Hubby has lost 13 and myself 9). Best of luck...😊

7ACFB30D-8D95-4775-B5C0-8A11545F43ED.png

Thank you so much!  That’s exactly the information I’ve been looking for.  I started ketoing at the end of my two week cruise at the end of March and I’ve just reached 20 lbs lost. Less than 3 months till I cruise again for 23 nights.  Should be interesting!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Hello 

I normally drink red wine, but my friend likes sweet white wine. 

I get 3 free bottles from C&A. 

Please tell me what I should call and ask for?

Thanks

I also like sweet white wine. Moscato is always good, as is a Spatlese Reisling from the Mosel Valley (Germany). I’ve had both on board in the past.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Esmerelda said:

For Croozin Soozin; 

My hubby and I have been ketoing for a while now.  Someone had posted this a few weeks ago.  if you are interested to know about carb content this is very helpful.  I’m fortunate as I love Sauvignon Blanc and occasionally a Pinot Grigio.  (Hubby has lost 13 and myself 9). Best of luck...😊

7ACFB30D-8D95-4775-B5C0-8A11545F43ED.png

I don't keto, White Zin has 7 carbs, does 4 carbs really make a difference?

On 6/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, little britain said:

Crown and Anchor Members Bonus Amenity List https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18063159_CAS_MemberBonus_Amenity_List_v3.pdf

Why not try and introduce her to a crisp dry white wine???  It’s free is she doesn’t like it?! Moscato is a sweet desert wine. 

Because not everyone LIKES "crisp and dry"....sort of like vinegar.

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well when you try to keep your total carbs for a day 20 and under, every carb does count.  I don’t drink White Zin but I looked up Beringer. This was the carb count I found. This would be half of a daily consumption for me.  Yikes...

6A14D631-7775-4AE5-879F-36799CFA0FEB.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

Well when you try to keep your total carbs for a day 20 and under, every carb does count.  I don’t drink White Zin but I looked up Beringer. This was the carb count I found. This would be half of a daily consumption for me.  Yikes...

6A14D631-7775-4AE5-879F-36799CFA0FEB.png

Therein lies part of the problem. I googled it and it said 7 carbs. 😉

But the serving was 4.1 ounces 🍷

So, do you measure the pours brought to you🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Because not everyone LIKES "crisp and dry"....sort of like vinegar.

I was just reading through the thread and thinking I would be ticked if someone thought I should have to like dry --- YUCK and lol!!!!

I am a super sweet wine drinking - the sweeter the better.  There are some Rieslings even that are so dry IMHO that I don't like them.  Moscato is a good one.  Moscato and Riesling go with anything food wise as far as I am concerned HAHAHAHA

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, HOSKI said:

I'm not a wine drinker but I do really like Moscato.  They have Linderman in the dining room and Giovanni's has one that starts with a P that is even better.  I tried it in December and am now hooked.

Will ask fo the one that starts with a P on Ovation next week.  Will see if it is available in CK or MDR.  Maybe Radiance might have it in the MDR.  

7 hours ago, frank808 said:

Will ask fo the one that starts with a P on Ovation next week.  Will see if it is available in CK or MDR.  Maybe Radiance might have it in the MDR.  

The Pinot is served at Italian restaurants all over the world. It is good and comparable to the Moscato Primo Amore

Clearly no one here seems to understand what a good wine is.  You know what makes a wine good?  ONE YOU LIKE!  Just because one person doesn't like sweet wines or dry wines or pink wines doesn't make it bad, it just makes it not one for you.

To answer OP question, a sweet wine to look for is one that says Riesling, Muscato.  Here is a link for a chat about wines and how sweet and/or dry they are.

https://winefolly.com/tutorial/wine-sweetness-chart/

On 6/22/2019 at 11:05 PM, John&LaLa said:

Ok Snobby McWinesnob. The OP asked for a sweet white wine. That's what Americans like when they want sweet. You can't argue with popularity

Carry on

LOLOLOLOL!

1 hour ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

Clearly no one here seems to understand what a good wine is.  You know what makes a wine good?  ONE YOU LIKE!  Just because one person doesn't like sweet wines or dry wines or pink wines doesn't make it bad, it just makes it not one for you.

To answer OP question, a sweet wine to look for is one that says Riesling, Muscato.  Here is a link for a chat about wines and how sweet and/or dry they are.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking, and for the link! Happy Drinking, whatever wine it is 😉

4 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

Totally agree!  Spent 12 years as a wine rep to area restaurants.  The known "golden rule of wine"?   The best wine is the wine you like the best!  🙂   

Though I can't stand White Zin....I sold a lot of the stuff.  More power to the sweet wine drinkers.   In the 70s California was going to rip out all of their Zinfandel grapes as not a great red wine seller.  Then the White Zin revolution happened.  Hence the vines were left in place and is why we now have those wonderful "Old Vine Zins".   🤗🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Most of the KETO stuff is bunkum.  Noting scientific.  Potatoes, for example are one of the most complex veggie carbs you can eat and are a NO-NO on KETO.  Despite the hype, you need carbs to start your engine.  They are the fuel that burns the fat.