Are they Changing all previously scheduled Labadee Stops?

Just got a change notice that our previously scheduled Labadee stop is now going to be a Coco Cay stop instead.  Are they doing that to all Labadee stops from now on?  I know they refurbed Coco so I am excited to stop there since I have been to Labadee twice, but I am just wondering why they are doing this?  Are there plans to refurb Labadee?  Are they going to stop going all together?  Anyone have any insight?  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Rellyrooly said:

Just got a change notice that our previously scheduled Labadee stop is now going to be a Coco Cay stop instead.  Are they doing that to all Labadee stops from now on?  I know they refurbed Coco so I am excited to stop there since I have been to Labadee twice, but I am just wondering why they are doing this?  Are there plans to refurb Labadee?  Are they going to stop going all together?  Anyone have any insight?  Thanks!

For which sailing?

My November 29th sailing on Explorer is still going to Labadee on the way to the ABCs.  

I think they are probably just filling in "empty spots" in the schedule for Coco Cay so it's not sitting idle (not making money) when they have a ship that will be in that general area anyway.  

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

My November 29th sailing on Explorer is still going to Labadee on the way to the ABCs.  

I think they are probably just filling in "empty spots" in the schedule for Coco Cay so it's not sitting idle (not making money) when they have a ship that will be in that general area anyway.  

Just a heads up; you may get a change too.  Your cruise is after mine.   Maybe you won't but I'll be interested to see.

1 hour ago, mringenoldus said:

The port change is for this sailing only. 

What ship?  We are scheduled to Labadee on November 17th Harmony cruise.  Not a beach person but would get off ship in Labadee but never get off in Coco Cay.  

Just got that email yesterday for Symphony Oct. 19. Disappointed only because I like the view of Labadee from the pool. Not getting off either way. They must really be hoping for people to purchase the extras on CocoCay.

4 minutes ago, depplep said:

.... They must really be hoping for people to purchase the extras on CocoCay.

I think many many people are purchasing extras on Coco Cay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, depplep said:

It just boggles my mind. 

Yep, me too, but you have to admire the market research folks, they know their target group, and they know that by and large that group will be willing to pay big.

I thought it was very well done and I can see why people would like it, but I'm amazed at the hype, marketing and the amount of people wanting to go. I guess we're getting old. I am starting to feel like all the Amped additions are not for us. We're just now 53yrs old and I think we might need to look for a different experience.

• Like 2

Just now, depplep said:

I thought it was very well done and I can see why people would like it, but I'm amazed at the hype, marketing and the amount of people wanting to go. I guess we're getting old. I am starting to feel like all the Amped additions are not for us. We're just now 53yrs old and I think we might need to look for a different experience.

Talk about different. I'm seriously considering Royal Clipper. Would still be a few years out for us if we try it.

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

Talk about different. I'm seriously considering Royal Clipper. Would still be a few years out for us if we try it.

I'm thinking of trying Celebrity Edge when it comes to Florida next year. Feel like Royal is getting to family oriented for us. Although, we haven't been bothered as of yet. The only real issue I have right now is the movies at the pool.

24 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Oasis is still going to Labadee on the 12/15/19 sailing, but I'd rather be heading to the new CocoCay. 

I wonder when we will see an announcement pertaining to Perfect Day at Labadee.

We are on this sailing and would much prefer to go to CocoCay, but don't expect that to happen.

20 minutes ago, depplep said:

Laura is a couple years older than you and is doing SkyPad this afternoon.  

16 minutes ago, depplep said:

I'm thinking of trying Celebrity Edge when it comes to Florida next year. Feel like Royal is getting to family oriented for us. Although, we haven't been bothered as of yet. The only real issue I have right now is the movies at the pool.

I'm surprised how many Celebrity folks hate the new balconies

18 minutes ago, depplep said:

Edge was on my list but I've decided it's not different enough. As long as we're in a suite Oasis class will hold us over for the next couple of years. Probably more Symphony and less Oasis.