Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

Yes i already have contacted cbs with the good news. If this didnt go correctly, and peoples cruises got cancelled, yeah I'd think they would be interested. I have seen much stupider stuff on the news. And i think something affecting thousands is newsworthy. Alas i have not heard from them

Now for credit card, it's happened in past. If my credit statement closes july 3rd. My bill is tallied and sent to me. Anything happening to that statement after that day like a credit on the 5th, goes to next months bill. I owe all payments up to the 3rd. Now people say (assume) just use it towards next months bill. No big deal. But if you don't use your card often, cause your not charging$5 coffees everyday, you might not have any bills next month. Hard to believe but true. And why should i hassle with credit card company to mail me a check 4 weeks later. 

2 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

If this didnt go correctly, and peoples cruises got cancelled, yeah I'd think they would be interested.  

Even if cruises got cancelled (which has happened with a pricing glitch) it would not be newsworthy, but alas we are talking about drink packages here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Come on.. I think they were being humorous. 

I agree. I felt like it lightened the mood, showed they could have a sense of humor about it, and showed that theyd own their mistake.  Besides, the customers were saying and posting themselves that 'it was likely an intern' and 'that intern no longer has a job' etc etc.However, I am sure others don't agree about the way the email was written, and I can respect that.

No matter what they wrote or how they wrote it, people would complain. And that is ok as everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. We don't all have to agree, just respect one another 😃

• Like 3

I am confused on one issue - some people posted to “tip big” because they weren’t charged the 18% gratuity. I have no problem with the tipping big, but we *were* charged at 18% so I assume everyone was. Is it that people didn’t notice the charge or did some people not get charged that part? Anyone know anything about this that’s different?

Edited by 2Beeze

2 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I am confused on one issue - some people posted to tip big because they weren’t charged the 18% gratuity. I have no wish you were tipping big, but we were charged at 18% so I don’t know why others with the van, I think they were. Anyone know anything about this that’s different?

18% of $18 not normal. That’s all that goes in the pool. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I am confused on one issue - some people posted to “tip big” because they weren’t charged the 18% gratuity. I have no problem with the tipping big, but we *were* charged at 18% so I assume everyone was. Is it that people didn’t notice the charge or did some people not get charged that part? Anyone know anything about this that’s different?

I think they are referring to the fact that had the price been correct, it would have been 18% of the correct price, instead of 18% of the $18.00. Big difference in the amount of gratuity that the staff would be splitting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Are you going to contact CBS in NEW YORK again today and let them know what an upstanding company Royal Caribbean is??

Agreed.  They deserve positive attention for how well they handled their mistake.

I'm all about making calls or sending letters for the positives!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I think they are referring to the fact that had the price been correct, it would have been 18% of the correct price, instead of 18% of the $18.00. Big difference in the amount of gratuity that the staff would be splitting.

That makes sense Mike. And @Milwaukee Eight  - there was another site with postings with people saying specifically they had not been charged a gratuity charge and that made no sense - I assumed that they just had not noticed it! Not much matter either way, but it seemed odd. But we always try to tip extra, I can’t imagine their work load and schedule!

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I am confused on one issue - some people posted to tip big because they weren’t charged the 18% gratuity. I have no wish you were tipping big, but we were charged at 18% so I don’t know why others with the van, I think they were. Anyone know anything about this that’s different?

When the deluxe drink plan is booked RCI adds 18% gratuity,  example would be if you were charged $50 for the plan,  RCI would add $9 per day for gratuity to your bill for the plan and then spill this between your servers.  When you get a deluxe for $18 a day, 18% is only $3.24 a day.  This doesn't give the wait staff much of a tip and I know that this is a good portion of their wage.  So I plan to add a buck or so to each drink to make sure that my servers are getting tips.  Don't know if that is as clear as mud . lol but gave it a shot!  

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

Am I the only one that is blown away by the behavior in this thread and on royals facebook? 

Instead of being long thankful that you can afford a cruise, some with more than one booked, instead adults chose to throw temper tantrums like a toddler. Being rude and nasty to their customer service people as if this was their fault. Going on Facebook acting like spoiled entitled brats. 

Now people are posting that they tried to buy it but the system wouldn’t let them so they should get it at the same price. People today are so ungrateful and it’s sad and pathetic. 

And bad bad customer service isn’t exclusive to the cruise lines. Call Disney’s customer service and I guarantee they will give you incorrect information. Not because they are trying to lie but because they simply don’t know better. They repeat what they are told. 

The post above that that basically says that if they were US based they would know the answers is insulting. To imply that because they may be overseas they must be stupid. Customer service agents are low man on the totem pole. They don’t get secret inside information. Changes don’t trickle down immediately so they stick with what they have already been told even if it may be incorrect. 

Seriously some of you should be embarrassed by your behavior. 

Pot/kettle?

Why so judgmental?  Do you have some skin in this game?

I saved some bucks on cruise with one person (me) in a cabin paying for two people.  I am not railing against Royal, I knew what I was doing and am resolved to paying that fare.  So sue me for wanting to hold onto some of my money.

You know it was the right thing that Royal finally realized that the customers are their raison d'etre (reason to be).

• Like 5

Anyone able to still get this deal "Last Night " July 2nd ?   

We tried to get it for someone traveling with us but couldn't now on facebook they are saying they could all day yesterday.  I am so confused LOL

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder if you can book both the Deluxe and also the Beverage at the same time. You shouldn’t be able but we all know what great IT department exists. 

We bought the Deluxe before cancelling the soda packages on two cruises, so apparently you can.  

Wish they had a "limited" drink package.  They will still make money on us at $9/day over the soda price but if they had a package with a three drink limit at $18 we would likely buy it.  Don't want the coffee, tea, juice or bottled water so we have no use for the Refreshment package.

Just sent thank-you note to Guest Relations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Pot/kettle?

Why so judgmental?  Do you have some skin in this game?

I saved some bucks on cruise with one person (me) in a cabin paying for two people.  I am not railing against Royal, I knew what I was doing and am resolved to paying that fare.  So sue me for wanting to hold onto some of my money.

You know it was the right thing that Royal finally realized that the customers are their raison d'etre (reason to be).

No I’m just stating my opinion just like everyone else. My comments are not what was right or wrong by royal but the behaviors of some people. 

If if you want to read a real problem look at NCL. They just canceled a European cruise two days before it was supposed to sail. People are now stranded in Italy with no where to go and have to wait weeks for a refund. THAT is a situation to be upset about but even still not the fault of the cruise line since it appears to be major mechanical issues. 

Edited by BeachChik
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Now for credit card, it's happened in past. If my credit statement closes july 3rd. My bill is tallied and sent to me. Anything happening to that statement after that day like a credit on the 5th, goes to next months bill. I owe all payments up to the 3rd. Now people say (assume) just use it towards next months bill. No big deal. But if you don't use your card often, cause your not charging$5 coffees everyday, you might not have any bills next month. Hard to believe but true. And why should i hassle with credit card company to mail me a check 4 weeks later. 

You wouldn't need to have them send a check unless you chose to pay way early, before the expected credit came through. If the only charge on your July 5th statement is a $200 charge from July 3rd, it'll show in your balance and you'll have a minimum payment due of $xx by whatever your payment due date is (usually between 25 and 31 days later). If that $200 charge is then refunded within 7 - 10 days, your account then has a zero balance and no payment is due.

10 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

If if you want to read a real problem look at NCL. They just canceled a European cruise two days before it was supposed to sail. People are now stranded in Italy with no where to go and have to wait weeks for a refund. THAT is a situation to be upset about but even still not the fault of the cruise line since it appears to be major mechanical issues. 

After days of uncertainty, more than 2,300 passengers aboard Norwegian Pearl have been told their voyage has reached an abrupt end – 500 miles short of their intended destination of Civitavecchia, the port for Rome.

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has told passengers on the stricken ship that their journey is ending in Barcelona – where she is stuck with serious mechanical problems.

A shuttle bus is running from the cruise port to the city’s airport.

A spokesperson for the cruise line said: “Due to the need to make necessary repairs, we will be ending the current sailing in Barcelona as well as cancelling Norwegian Pearl’s July 5, 2019 voyage.”

Edited by TheMiz

54 minutes ago, dawnvan said:

When the deluxe drink plan is booked RCI adds 18% gratuity,  example would be if you were charged $50 for the plan,  RCI would add $9 per day for gratuity to your bill for the plan and then spill this between your servers.  When you get a deluxe for $18 a day, 18% is only $3.24 a day.  This doesn't give the wait staff much of a tip and I know that this is a good portion of their wage.  So I plan to add a buck or so to each drink to make sure that my servers are getting tips.  Don't know if that is as clear as mud . lol but gave it a shot!  

Thanks so much, you did a fine job with it!  😊  There were a few posters on another site who seemed to think RCL actually did not charge a gratuity, but I am sure that many of the cc posts about the tip are exactly the take on things you are describing! We also always add extra tip, especially in cases like this or in the Diamond or Suite’s lounge where the drinks are free. I am always heartened by how many people really care about compensating the staff by word or cold hard cash 👏🏻

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

After days of uncertainty, more than 2,300 passengers aboard Norwegian Pearl have been told their voyage has reached an abrupt end – 500 miles short of their intended destination of Civitavecchia, the port for Rome.

N\

Not to derail this thread - but I am so sorry to heart this! We are very close to the Haven Concierge onthe Pearl, he messaged me two days ago but said nothing of this but sent lovely photos from Rome 😣 

Edited by 2Beeze

6 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

You may order a double shot and add it to your tumbler yourself if they do not combine it for you.  I have done this with coffee and Bailey's

It pains me to say Thank you to a Steeler's fan, but I do appreciate it,    (In Baker we trust!)  

I’m a little “confused” about the bartenders not getting much tips because of the $18 price.  How does the system know what I paid & someone else paying more for drink package.  It seems to me it would be on the drinks they prepared.  I don’t think RC systems/computers know how much each & every person paid.  With that being said, I fully agree to tipping extra—we add a tip to paper we sign OR I carry cash (normally at pool) to give to bartender 

5 hours ago, julsb6 said:

that i have not been able to get them to do.  the only way they will break the one drink at a time rule is if you have 2 cards in hand and put one on each card.  so say husband goes with both cards gets 2 drinks, takes back to table, wife takes same 2 cards and goes back and gets 2 more drinks. 🙂

Genius!  (to me anyway,)