Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Don't have a clue how many were sold but the first ones available were for cruises starting in Feb 2020.  I would think that a good number of the ones booked will end up getting cancelled due to folks changing and/or cancelling their bookings for whatever reason

Do they have letters that it was approved then cancelled by Royal ?  

1 minute ago, BillOh said:

You are probably right, but this maybe one case where a generous tip on day 1 may allow some relaxation of procedure.    

that i have not been able to get them to do.  the only way they will break the one drink at a time rule is if you have 2 cards in hand and put one on each card.  so say husband goes with both cards gets 2 drinks, takes back to table, wife takes same 2 cards and goes back and gets 2 more drinks. 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

They're playing to their audience with a humorous email. If they were a technical firm with several technical clients they would have done a full RCA with the details they could safely release. But for the average member of the public? Does it really matter if it was a typo, a mistaken database query, a bad code push, etc? I'd be interested, but that's because I'm a software engineer so I'm interested in those details.

Basically they're just trying to lighten the mood and get their guests away from the anger and frustration being vented on social media and to a happy, excited, fun place.

I don't agree. They are literally saying that they don't know what happened, while non-technical people people will understand that they do. This could also be understood as "we're not telling you". Of course you write a lighthearted e-mail when it is to bring good news, but I think the average member of the public doesn't like to be lied to, or to be told that it's none of their business. I would have chosen not to mention a list of possible reasons at all.

4 minutes ago, AmazedByCruising said:

I don't agree. They are literally saying that they don't know what happened, while non-technical people people will understand that they do. This could also be understood as "we're not telling you". Of course you write a lighthearted e-mail when it is to bring good news, but I think the average member of the public doesn't like to be lied to, or to be told that it's none of their business. I would have chosen not to mention a list of possible reasons at all.

ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who can find ANY fault with that letter needs to crawl under a rock and stay there for eternity. 

• Like 28
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who can find ANY fault with that letter needs to crawl under a rock and stay there for eternity. 

I thought it was lighthearted and they poked fun at themselves and us. The intern comment told me they were monitoring these pages also even if they were not commenting. 

I liked the email and I thank them again for taking care of the customers.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I don’t think any of us really give a care as to why, as long as it was honored.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Hmm, I should design a shirt that says, "Forgive me, I have the $18 drink package" and sell them. It might save me from making a few apologies walking back to my cabin.

This is how RC can make some of their money back from this special deal. 😀Design a special t-shirt about enjoying the “messed up deal of the century” and sell them on the affected cruises! I have a cruise Feb 1, I’d buy one, it would be good for the rest of my 2020 cruises. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good news from Royal.

Royal Caribbean will honor drink package price glitch

IN: 
03Jul2019
By: 
Matt Hochberg

Days after a website glitch offered Royal Caribbean's popular drink package price for $18 per person, per day, Royal Caribbean has decided to honor the incorrect price.

In an email sent to guests, the cruise line accepted the mistake occurred, and decided to own the error and honor the price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

Wow, I really can't believed they honored that. Congrats to the people able to grab it.

Amazon would have cancelled it and sent you a $5 gift card.

I've had really good experiences with Amazon. Had a few items that didn't get delivered within the 2 day promise and then overnighted me a second of the item for free and told me to keep the first if/when it arrived

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I've had really good experiences with Amazon. Had a few items that didn't get delivered within the 2 day promise and then overnighted me a second of the item for free and told me to keep the first if/when it arrived

Same.  I've always had great customer service from Amazon.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Totally agree, just be happy now and stop the negative comments

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Same here, multiple times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crusin Susan said:

We have letters

Anyone who had bought this package THEN had it cancelled have both copies ?    

On Tuesday some on here said they got letters saying their package was cancelled do to the error.

37 minutes ago, kastke said:

This is how RC can make some of their money back from this special deal. 😀Design a special t-shirt about enjoying the “messed up deal of the century” and sell them on the affected cruises! I have a cruise Feb 1, I’d buy one, it would be good for the rest of my 2020 cruises. 

Is that for the ABC islands on Adventure?  If so, I am going too!

4 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Is that for the ABC islands on Adventure?  If so, I am going too!

No, it’s on Vision, Southern Caribbean, second week of B2B. The package couldn’t be booked for the first week! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judyrem said:

I don't think 168$ is free. do you?  How do you feel about Royal charging me 200% on a solo cruise?  "Being greedy" are they, getting free stuff LOL.  Where's my free stuff?

BTW, I just returned to cruising again after 16 years and I am not loyal Royal or to any other cruise  line.  I just want to be respected as a customer, not being diddled around like I am some naive schmuck.

In fact I am going on a HAL cruise for my birthday in November.

I am now in the Royal camp.  I do have four cruises with them in the next 6 months.

Sometimes all it takes is a nice gesture, I know I am "easy".

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kastke said:

This image of a 4ACBEEA7-8FC1-4515-B269-BC23A7B80074.thumb.jpeg.b45d6b59f310528e9d3c486e5110bc75.jpegT-shirt was already posted on one of my FB groups, I love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4