The bakery of which my cake came from?

When I tell you that the birthday cake I received on my Harmony of the Seas cruise last year was the best cake I have ever had...I actually mean it! It was so good! Where was this cake made, as I think I remember the guy who delivered the cake saying it wasn't baked on the ship. Does anyone know?

7 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

The delivery guy must of picked it up on his way to work .😂

What are you suggesting? Does that mean it was baked onboard? Or is that a joke? Apologies, I don't understand. 

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What type of cake was it that was so special?  The ones that I have seen that you can buy are just vanilla or chocolate.

The vanilla cake, I think. There were like small white chocolate balls in between the layers of cake. 😩 It was so delicious. 

Edited by jbethel11
WHITE chocolate, not MILK chocolate.
  • Like 1

We had a birthday cake on the ship about 20 years ago that was also delicious!  Didn't compare to the "dessert" cakes available in any shape or form.  This was when "birthday cakes" were complimentary......no charge back then!  At least, we weren't charged!

32 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

We had a birthday cake on the ship about 20 years ago that was also delicious!  Didn't compare to the "dessert" cakes available in any shape or form.  This was when "birthday cakes" were complimentary......no charge back then!  At least, we weren't charged!

Agree, been 20yrs since I had one but I want one now!

Family sent a chocolate cake, bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday cruise on Majesty in April 2017 and it was awesome.  We were not able to eat all of the cake and simply hated to leave it in cabin.  Hope crew finished it.  Do not believe in wasting calories on cake that is not chocolate.

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

They are still complimentary. I got one in May on Brilliance. No charge.

I think the deserts in the WJ are bad. But, on our Vision cruise last month we did speciality restaurants every night. For desert at Chops I ordered carrot cake.  Was told No carrot cake. Next time in Chops, they brought me carrot cupcakes. The last night, same well tipped waitress, they brought the table a full carrot cake. It was excellent! And we took half to our cabin. The bakery in board can be excellent 

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh. Whoever bakes them/came up with the recipe deserves a raise!

Glad to hear it was good! My husband will celebrate a milestone birthday on the Adventure in November and I was really on the fence about whether to do the room/cake combo, a cake alone, the big cupcakes, or beg at the MDR! 🙂

@Seville2Cabo  next time try the red velvet if they have it. Best I have ever had (whipped not overly sweet, thick icing). We ate their a 2nd night just for that cake 😂

Edited by 2Beeze

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I think the deserts in the WJ are bad. But, on our Vision cruise last month we did speciality restaurants every night. For desert at Chops I ordered carrot cake.  Was told No carrot cake. Next time in Chops, they brought me carrot cupcakes. The last night, same well tipped waitress, they brought the table a full carrot cake. It was excellent! And we took half to our cabin. The bakery in board can be excellent 

I'm jealous. Love carrot cake and somehow manage to constantly miss it on cruises! 

🥕306319-full.jpeg

15 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I'm jealous. Love carrot cake and somehow manage to constantly miss it on cruises! 

🥕306319-full.jpeg

I love  it too. It was not on menu, but after a couple nights of joking, they baked in just for us. Nice touch!

Edited by Seville2Cabo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

They are? I looked online and they said they sell them for $25 on RCI's website!

That is what I understood too, that there is a cost. But you’ve convinced me, I will definitely get him one! The only downside is his birthday is the day before we disembark, which doesn’t give us a whole lot of time to eat a cake. You need to join us on the cruise and help us eat it 🍴🍰

1 minute ago, 2Beeze said:

That is what I understood too, that there is a cost. But you’ve convinced me, I will definitely get him one! The only downside is his birthday is the day before we disembark, which doesn’t give us a whole lot of time to eat a cake. You need to join us on the cruise and help us eat it 🍴🍰

Count me in! 😉

• Like 1

I cannot seem to find any pictures of the cake itself for you all to see vicariously. However, I can embed an image in your mind through taste!  

Yay! 1111 posts, lol. 

11 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I cannot seem to find any pictures of the cake itself for you all to see vicariously. However, I can embed an image in your mind through taste!  

Yay! 1111 posts, lol. 

Here are the ones they have for sale now - does one look familiar?

F72178AC-685E-4B13-8E88-7FB75A85E3C8.jpeg

D7270E7A-2973-46C1-9DC0-8BBFEBF3DCCD.jpeg

The very small one below is apparently one they offer in the dining room (possibly free of charge?) -

45DBD976-B90E-4E3C-8FC4-470C68BA1907.jpeg

Edited by 2Beeze

27 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Here are the ones they have for sale now - does one look familiar?

F72178AC-685E-4B13-8E88-7FB75A85E3C8.jpeg

D7270E7A-2973-46C1-9DC0-8BBFEBF3DCCD.jpeg

The very small one below is apparently one they offer in the dining room (possibly free of charge?) -

45DBD976-B90E-4E3C-8FC4-470C68BA1907.jpeg

The bottom cake (one with wrapping looks familiar, though the one I received had white edible wrapping (I believe it was edible)!