MSC private island

seaandsea

Does anyone know much about MSC private island? I have been to Labadee, RCL private island. How does it compare? Does MSC have any perks on the island for yacht club cabins? If you have the drink package does that also work on the private island? Can't wait to see it.

Thanks, Cheryl

Seach the board and there is a thread that includes several posts about what has/has not been done and expectations

Also MSC put out an updated video on whats been happening on the island and its construction. There may be a link here on CC, certainly there is one on FB, and youtube

20 hours ago, jules815 said:

I need to do my research as well.  Just booked for April.  Does anyone know if they'll be an area for YC like that have on Labadee for RC suite guests?  TIA.

Yes, there will be, however reports say it won't be open until February 2020. 

2 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

Its suppose to open in November. I have not seen anything saying it will be delayed, again.

It think the specific reference was to the YC area, which has been delayed.  The main island is still showing as November, as you said.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Sorry, I meant to say "yes" if you're in YC. If not, you must purchase a separate drinks package for the Ocean Cay stop. 

Your yes response made sense. OP asked about "Any perks on the island for YC cabins."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Your yes response made sense. OP asked about "Any perks on the island for YC cabins."

Thanks, JAGR. I glanced at the topic and just answered based on that. Go raibh maith agat agus slán! 😉

6 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

NO,  if you have the package it is not good on Ocean Cay. Only Yacht Club drink package can be used on Ocean Cay. You can add the Ocean Cay bev package for 22$ non alcoholic and $30 for alcoholic per person.

I"m thinking MSC will change this too, much like they are now offering complimentary bufffet. 

I think the timing of the opening of the private island is still scheduled for Nov..and YC space on the island won't be available to Feb at the earliest.

Thats what some in the know indicated on another thread

MSC has been doing a massive work to build the island from an old cal mining site... it will be a man made space. New coral reefs, 1000s of plants... 

Hurricane season has to cooperate to prevent setbacks

I did not see that the food was included. LAst I read there would be pay restaurants and no island buffets. I did read that they would have a hot dog and burger kiosk.... I thought for pay. 

In the artist rendition I saw a few lounge chairs scattered on the beaches...anyone know more about this?

1 hour ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

I did not see that the food was included. LAst I read there would be pay restaurants and no island buffets. I did read that they would have a hot dog and burger kiosk.... I thought for pay. 

In the artist rendition I saw a few lounge chairs scattered on the beaches...anyone know more about this?

Hey! Long time no talk to. From Ken Muskat, the buffet will be complimentary. I have the buffet menu which I had posted on another thread but could repost here if needed. There is also the Lighthouse Bar which will seat 260 and has an interesting menu which they will charge for. They have also upped the number of food trucks to nine of them scattered around the island. The food trucks will have 3 cold items and 4 hot items. They have also increased the number of bars around the island. Obviously they will have the beer, wine, cocktails but also three snacks of Plantain Chips (with Mango Salsa option), Jerk Spice Potato Crisps, or Cheddar Cheese Savouries. Almost forgot about the Smiling Fish which will have ice cream treats and specialty coffees (can't imagine that will be too popular on hot days). Only the buffet will be complimentary.

The cabanas will be mostly lagoon facing except on North Island. I'm imagining most of the chairs, etc to be on Lighthouse Bay or Sunset Beach though there could be some I guess in front of the cabanas on South Beach and North Beach around the lagoon.

Hope this helps!

Bret

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Brett, nice to talk to you again. I just cancelled my drink package for OCean Cay since it looked like the bars were so spread out it would not be worth getting it and having to walk to the places for a drink.  Good to know they are doing the buffet, although I liked that they were not for the reasons given. I thought it would be nice to have food trucks as complimentary and be different with less waste. 

How have you been? When will you cruising again with the Jazz at Sea?

I did try search , not like the older version of the boards when searched worked.  Can you relist the buffet or send me the link to where it is listed.  Thanks so much.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg