Bear Cam - Live from Brooks Falls

Anita Latte

In Katmai National Park. I can't recall who referenced this bear cam and the link in their trip report...but I bookmarked it when I read it...and I am so grateful I did. The bears are out...and it is so satisfying to watch...especially since I don't have another Alaska vacation on the books at this time. As I post this, right now...seven bears are on camera:

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

I'm am totally hooked on watching the bear cam now that the salmon are jumping at Brooks Falls.

Right.  I turn the volume down an can watch for hours Lolol. 

They were jumping like crazy last night 

• Like 1

We have a Roku...with the YouTube app, I can watch on my tv! Only problem is that the app will stop after a certain period of time...so you have to reload the channel.

I'm so glad everyone is having fun with the bears.:)

Is the camera remotely operated, its moved downstream and then back and just a little while ago a bear went off screen to the left of the falls and it moved to pick up the shore

This is fascinating for my desktop second monitor.

Yes...we find ourselves critiquing the bears and their technique! LOL. The other night, a younger and then a heavier, older looking bear were side by side. The younger bear would get a fish, grab a bite or two and would lift his paw, not sure it was on purpose, and his fish would go racing down river with the current. The older bear would catch his fish and then go meander over toward the side bank, out of the strong current, and really eat most of his catch with no worries about the current taking his catch away. We were offering vocal commentary for the thoughts of the older bear...silly young bear, etc. So fun to watch the bears...