Alaska Cruise on a smaller ship

thunter1224

• 2 months later...

Consider stretching your budget and cruising on Seabourn.  Not only is it a high quality cruise line, but they operate relatively small ships.  We recently took a 14 day Seabourn Sojourn Alaskan cruise which was quite nice.  The vessel has a capacity of about 450 and I think we only had about 410 on our voyage.  There are no queues (lines) on the ship, tendering is painless, and the vessel is able to have its own Zodiac Tours (in many Alaskan areas)...although these are not inexpensive.  We had previously cruised in Alaska on larger ships and there is simply no comparison.  In this case small is definitely better :).

Hank

Howdy thunter1224 and thank you for your post! emo22.gif

However, your post is off-topic here. This Cruise Blogs & Websites forum is for members to post their personal travelogue-type of cruise-related blogs or websites.    

I suggest you repost on one of the following forums so your post will be on-topic and you will get more answers:

Port of Calls - Alaska

West Coast Departures

Ask a Cruise Question

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Kat 🐱

Edited by TxCityKat
typo

• 3 weeks later...

Ill second the Seabourn recommendation-- we did a 12 day with them from Vancouver and it was really wonderful. 400 passengers on our sailing and never felt crowded. The ability to use zodiacs for landings is something you don't get on a large ship and allowed us to see more than we would have otherwise. 

We just did a 14 day cruise on the Amsterdam (Holland America) out of Seattle and loved it.  Got us real close to the Hubbard ans Sawyer Glaciers.  I believe it only holds 1400 passengers.  This itineary is fantastic, as it goes to out of the way ports and to Anchorage.

• 3 weeks later...

Crystal also usually has a few cruises to Alaska annually. Their ships are on the medium size, but their cruises are expensive. There are also small ship expedition type cruises available, although most depart from places other than Seattle (such as Vancouver or Juneau).