Cozumel Excursions

maurinsky

My hubs and I are shipping out in 508 short days (we're old, time passes quickly) from Miami on the Conquest, and I am having trouble deciding on a shore excursion for Cozumel. I would love to hear your opinions, I've been reading the reviews on the Carnival website but I'm having trouble finding a stand-out, must do excursion. I would love to hear from YOU about your Cozumel Carnival excursion experience, as well as alternative excursions you may have done.

Thanks!

• Haha 1

If you are a drinker and have never done the Cozumel Bar Hop it is great because you go to a part of the island most people don't ever see. It's a 3rd party company, though, not through Carnival. It is a very professional company. All English speaking as well.

• Like 1

If you just want a beach day in Cozumel, you do not need an excursion. do a little research, as there are several beaches which offer ala carte or all inclusive experiences. you can book any of them online. there will be a line of taxis just outside the port entrance.

• Like 1

We took a taxi from port to Chankanaab National Park and rented snorkels there. We explored the park, snorkeled, and took a break at a little palapa on the beach to eat ceviche and drink Coronas. Our lunch cost about $10 total (for the two of us). Granted, this was $15 years ago, but we easily saved $100 compared to taking a similar excursion through NCL.

• Like 1

We enjoyed Chankanaab.  We didn't swim with the dolphins or anything, but we got to do a little bit of everything- watch the sea lions, tequilla tasting, swim, snorkel, lay on the beach.  It was our last port day and we were exhausted, so a low key day was nice. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

We enjoyed Chankanaab.  We didn't swim with the dolphins or anything, but we got to do a little bit of everything- watch the sea lions, tequilla tasting, swim, snorkel, lay on the beach.  It was our last port day and we were exhausted, so a low key day was nice. 

Basically what we did. We didn't do the pricey dolphin swim, but just sort of enjoyed on our own. Low key, varied, and easy to DIY.

• Like 1

Once we got a taxi, spent the better part of the day at a private beach suggested by the taxi stand, and had a terrific time.  Admission fee of something like $50 per person included shaded loungers, lunch, and drinks.  It was a wonderful day.

Twice I've booked a Carnival excursion called something akin to World Cup Sailing.  Top notch sailing experience, included drinks but not lunch, involved a little walking, but was really fun.

Cozumel is one of the ports where we feel comfortable doing things on our own, or with an excursion, or just eating and shopping.  It's kind of hard to go wrong there.

Happy sailing.

• Like 1

There is a ton available to do in Coz.  It is a VERY busy cruiseport.  I would suggest that you hop on over to the ports of call forum for Cozumel and peruse there.  You'll get a wider viewpoint than those of specifically Carnival cruisers.  IMHO, it is so easy to do something on your own there, it really wouldn't be worth tying yourself down to a ship-sponsored excursion, unless you are planning to travel far. 

• Like 1

Take the water taxi at the Cozumel  pier across the water to Playa Del Carmen and visit Xcaret Eco Park ..... Look it up. Great place to spend the day with many activities, beaches, animals, and food. I recommend the cave swim .......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Twice I've booked a Carnival excursion called something akin to World Cup Sailing. 

Pretty sure this excursion is in St.Martin, that's where we did it.

• Like 1

Since there is so you much to do on Cozumel that you don't need to take a ship tour, suggest you also check out the Cozumel board under Ports of Call. My only caution would be to do Carnival excursion if you find a tour that includes ferry to mainland. Would suggest ship your for that out of an abundance of caution

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

I hope you enjoyed it there as much as we did in Cozumel.

We did, sailed Stars and Stripes. It's a great tour. BTW, I never said it was not in Cozumel. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coevan said:

We did, sailed Stars and Stripes. It's a great tour. BTW, I never said it was not in Cozumel. 

I took the Stars and Stripes the first time, and the Canadian vessel the second.  Both were a lot of fun.  A strange combination of exciting and relaxing.

• Like 1

I can personally recommend any excursion that ends on Passion Island (there's a speed boat option for the adventurous and a catamaran option if you like something more low-key). My husband doesn't like to cruise. He doesn't like Mexico. And he doesn't like the beach. And he still (15 years later) speaks of our excursion to Passion Island with fondness. If you knew him, you'd understand the significance. Cozumel is great. You'll enjoy anything you do.

• Like 1

We did the submarine in Cozumel.  It was quite an experience.  You walk to a pier where they board you on a boat and take you out to where the sub pops up out of the water.  They unload the sub, then load the new passengers and submerge.  They point out coral and all of the fish.  We were suppose to go to the bottom but because of the current, we only went down 64 feet.  You could see the bottom and all of the growth real clear, even at 64 feet. 

When it surfaces, they unload the sub and you get back on the regular boat that takes you back to shore.  On the way back, they pass out alcoholic drinks and aren't stingy either.

• Like 2