CoCo Cay Waterpark Q

I want to buy full-day waterpark passes for my 3 kids (ages 10, 12, 14).  Will hubby and I be able to go to that area of the island without passes to watch them (if we don't plan to go on waterslides or in wave pool)?

1 minute ago, ladybub101 said:

I want to buy full-day waterpark passes for my 3 kids (ages 10, 12, 14).  Will hubby and I be able to go to that area of the island without passes to watch them (if we don't plan to go on waterslides or in wave pool)?

Nope.....everyone who enters, pays.  They have Water park Cabanas that include the water park.  Might want to see about pricing these to see if it might be more cost effective, although they can be pricey!  Price varies with ship and sail dates.  They also come with some perks too, so for 5 of you, might be an option??

No, in order to enter it you must buy passes as far as I know. Also in order for anyone under 18 to enter the park, they must be accompanied by an adult per Royals rules in the details on the excursion in the Cruise Planner. Happy Cruising. 

7 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

If you don't purchase a water park pass, can you still go to the snack shack located in that area?

I don't believe you can get into the waterpark area without paying.

4 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

okay, thanks..so the snack shack is only for the water park cruisers. Hopefully the food they serve there will be at the other two venues on the island:)

There are more than one location to the Snack Shack besides the one on the park. There is one on Chill Island and another in another part of the park that is free to access. So you can go to it just not at the one inside of the water park unless you purchase tickets. Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

okay, thanks..so the snack shack is only for the water park cruisers. Hopefully the food they serve there will be at the other two venues on the island:)

All Snack Shacks have the same menu.

My travel agent talked with Royal and they said that we would not have to pay and that they would note that in our reservations.  Also, this might be a silly question but why does it let you buy the excursion for someone under 18 and not purchase for anyone else if they are not going to let them in?

2 minutes ago, npb1894 said:

My travel agent talked with Royal and they said that we would not have to pay and that they would note that in our reservations.  Also, this might be a silly question but why does it let you buy the excursion for someone under 18 and not purchase for anyone else if they are not going to let them in?

Could be that the adult that will be supervising is on a different booking.

"All guests 4 years of age and older must pay for entrance in Thrill Waterpark. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult." I purchased a ticket as my 11 year old is going to ride the waterslides but I will not be. I leave in 6 days. I'll see what happens!

2 hours ago, CruiseWendy said:

"All guests 4 years of age and older must pay for entrance in Thrill Waterpark. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult." I purchased a ticket as my 11 year old is going to ride the waterslides but I will not be. I leave in 6 days. I'll see what happens!

Good luck.  Several posters here have reported that the person scanning cards at entrance won't let the 11 year old in without you, and you will get to pay the current shore price to get in.  Of course they probably won't notice if you pay, take the kid in, and then leave.  The entrance is designed to extract maximum dollars from the guest.

Edited by LeeW
more

Please be forewarned that you WILL need to purchase a ticket to get in to the water slide areas.  A note in the reservation will mean nothing.    Seem better to purchase a ticket than to spend time arguing with guest services about  some supposed  note in the reservations.  They will not have access to any of that information and you will be required to purchase a pass. 

Perhaps one day  RCCL will change the policy and offer some other color band for parents/guardians  to watch younger children. 

good luck

M

3 hours ago, npb1894 said:

We all know how consistent and accurate Royal's representatives are.  I would NOT trust this information. 

Also, I'm pretty confident that the person admitting people into the water park will not have any visibility into any note in your reservations.

Edited by time4u2go

11 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

We all know how consistent and accurate Royal's representatives are.  I would NOT trust this information. 

Also, I'm pretty confident that the person admitting people into the water park will not have any visibility into any note in your reservations.

Yes - and, many  of the water park and other activity or food  staff are not from the ship.  They are island staff and just service what ship(s) is there that day.  

Please trust those on this thread and don't  plan on getting  in  the waterpark without paying. 

M

• Like 1

My plan is to send the younger ones in with the boys over 18 who have passes then they can leave them in there.  I'm assuming once they are in that they don't have to have an adult standing next to them. Regardless of what my travel agent says, I'm still confused how they allow me to buy the pass for my 16 year old and not buy one for someone over 18.  Seems strange....

1 hour ago, npb1894 said:

My plan is to send the younger ones in with the boys over 18 who have passes then they can leave them in there.  I'm assuming once they are in that they don't have to have an adult standing next to them. Regardless of what my travel agent says, I'm still confused how they allow me to buy the pass for my 16 year old and not buy one for someone over 18.  Seems strange....

When my son did the inflatable park several years ago, he was under age.  He was accompanied by a family friend who was 30yo, but not a relative in any way or connected to our reservation in any way.  My friend purchased his own ticket under his own reservation.

You can buy it for a minor because Royal assumes you are capable of reading the rule that they must be accompanied by AN adult, and that you have knowledge of AN adult who will be accompanying your child, regardless of whether that adult is in the same room as the child in question.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, npb1894 said:

My plan is to send the younger ones in with the boys over 18 who have passes then they can leave them in there.  I'm assuming once they are in that they don't have to have an adult standing next to them. 

Seems like that should work.  Would think that you could make friends with other people on the ship going to the water park and have kids tag along with them.  Unless the adult has to sign a liability form for the kids they are taking in.  Haven't seen any posts mentioning that, just posts saying people weren't allowed to send their kids alone into the waterpark area. 

If they leave and want to re-enter does the gatekeeper check for adults again?

23 hours ago, npb1894 said:

23 hours ago, npb1894 said:

I'm confused too.  I spoke to Royal and was told kids on their own for the waterpark were fine - so I only bought 2 when on sale.  I think I paid 69 for the full day pass.

My kids are 12 and 13.  But they look 15and 17.

DH and son are one reservation and I'm with daughter on the on the other reservation.  The "system" would not let me buy tix to the comedy show in the main theatre because it recognized them as under age yet it sells me passes for this.

has anyone been successful with teens going in without adult supervision?

5 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

... The "system" would not let me buy tix to the comedy show in the main theatre because it recognized them as under age yet it sells me passes for this. ...

The comedy show does not involve money.  The water park does involve money and Royal tends to make more "mistakes" when it comes to taking people's money.

• Haha 1

You might be right Bob.  I can buy one adult water park pass today for 89.99.  If they force me to buy one on CocoCay - would I be able to use OBC?  And if so, anyone know what the adult price would be?  If I can use OBC, I might be better off waiting and seeing if I "have" to buy an adult pass.

Hoping someone with teen experience checks in.

24 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

You might be right Bob.  I can buy one adult water park pass today for 89.99.  If they force me to buy one on CocoCay - would I be able to use OBC? ...

Every expenditure goes onto your onboard account, so yes, you can use OBC.