Still debating Cheers for first time cruiser

Sersee

Bottled water does only come with cheers.  I'm not a big drinker, and might only have a couple of adult beverages a day.  We always get Cheers, it pays for itself with the specialty coffees, vitamin water, soda, bottled water, energy drinks, and alcohol.  Plus I like knowing that it is paid for before I get on the ship.  Makes me relax more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

you are correct, no water with Bubbles, "must purchase their own sticker" is pretty clear

Although the upside to Bubbles is that it is not mandatory for everyone in the cabin to buy it.
My wife is not really a soda drinker, so I get it and she doesn't.

If this is your first cruise, I would say to keep in mind that Cheers includes specialty coffees as well.
Their coffee bar is pretty good (better than Starbucks imho) so if you like those in addition to the alcohol, it might be worth it.

• Like 1

If you're going to drink all of the extra stuff that comes with Cheers besides the alcohol then it's a probably good deal.  Will you?

Also if you drink higher end alcohols.

You said you've been to AI's.  What and how much do you normally drink there? That answer should help you decide if Cheers is the way to go.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Cheers. $122.60 per day per person includes the 18% gratuity. Ouch. Both in the cabin must purchase.

CHEERS!

$51.95/day 18% gratuity will be added to cart

Where did the $122 per person per day come from?  This is for Horizon 8 day cruise..

26 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Cheers. $122.60 per day per person includes the 18% gratuity. Ouch. Both in the cabin must purchase.

9 minutes ago, csj092809 said:

CHEERS!

$51.95/day 18% gratuity will be added to cart

Where did the $122 per person per day come from?  This is for Horizon 8 day cruise..

The $122.60 amount from @twodaywonderincludes the gratuity and is based under the assumption two people will be in the room with the package.

Edited by xDisconnections

Just now, xDisconnections said:

The $122.60 amount from @twodaywonderincludes the gratuity and is based under the assumption two people will be in the room with the package.

I screwed up. That is the total for two. Both in the room must purchase. $51.95/day 18% gratuity will be added to cart Times two.

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

Ah, that makes more sense. The way it was presented was that it was for one person not including gratuities. 

• Like 1

Just now, twodaywonder said:

I screwed up. That is the total for two. Both in the room must purchase. $51.95/day 18% gratuity will be added to cart Times two.

I was just worried they were hiking the price lol! 🙂

There is really one reason we do not purchase cheers....My wife does not drink alcohol or coffee, 

Our upcoming cruise is a 6 day, that would be over 700 bucks for cheers...I know my personality short comings, and I would try and atleast hit the break even number daily.....And no good could come from that!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sersee said:

Ok you’re confusing me haha. You were just saying that bottled water came with the soda package. You said only one has to buy it and you aren’t told it’s only for your use. But this doesn’t say that and I don’t see bottled water.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding! My understanding is basically you can’t share any package and bottle water only comes with Cheers? 

Well....that is because she apparently has no clue what she is talking about.

12 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Well....that is because she apparently has no clue what she is talking about.

ray98 If you are referring to me. I think I made myself very clear. Guess you missed that post. Saying I do not know what I am talking about if it is me you are referring to. You are very mistaken and very rude.

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

OK now you reminded me. Who the heck is Friends of Bill????

Hi

It was just a smart comment. I guess n6uq thought it was funny. "Friends of Bill" is an AA meeting. They have them on every ship.

7 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

It was just a smart comment. I guess n6uq thought it was funny. "Friends of Bill" is an AA meeting. They have them on every ship.

Thanks. Always wondered what the meant. Correct, see it on every ship. Guess Bill cruises a lot😎

You might be different, but my problem is if I get the cheers package, I will be committed to not only getting my money’s worth and breaking even, but in getting my maximum value.  That means massive daily hang over and a miserable vacation.

It is bad enough for my gut that I get my moneys worth at the buffett.  My liver doesn’t need to be tormented as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

ray98 If you are referring to me. I think I made myself very clear. Guess you missed that post. Saying I do not know what I am talking about if it is me you are referring to. You are very mistaken and very rude.

What we do is purchase the soda package. Water is included with it. Only one needs to purchase it. you are told not it is for your use only.  If I want a mixed drink. I get the soda and then pay for the liquor to put in it. Usually about $5.00. Let's say a screw driver. get the OJ and pay for the Vodka. Only a suggestion nothing more.

Not being rude, just addressing the post quoted above.

You said:

bottled water is included....it is not.

only one need to purchase the package.....not true

finally simple mixers for liquor do not cost extra.  A shot of vodka is the same price as one mixed with OJ.

Edited by ray98

12 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Not being rude, just addressing the post quoted above.

You said:

bottled water is included....it is not.

only one need to purchase the package.....not true

finally simple mixers for liquor do not cost extra.  A shot of vodka is the same price as one mixed with OJ.

You went after me without reading where I corrected it.

"When i ask for one at the bar they just hand it to me.

Might take the place of the tonic or soda water. no idea"

You also are not correct. A mixed drink is not the same price as a 2oz shot.

Totally incorrect, and that is a fact. A 2oz costs about $5.00 not close to a mixed drink.

Only one to purchase a soda package is true and correct. Unless you want to share and that is not allowed. If two to a room you must purchase two Cheers if one does.

Cruised on 20 different Carnival Cruise ships with 47 cruises to date and 4 more booked. I think I know what I am talking bout.

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

You went after me without reading where I corrected it.

"When i ask for one at the bar they just hand it to me.

Might take the place of the tonic or soda water. no idea"

You also are not correct. A mixed drink is not the same price as a 2oz shot.

Totally incorrect, and that is a fact. A 2oz costs about $5.00 not close to a mixed drink.

Only one to purchase a soda package is true and correct. Unless you want to share and that is not allowed. If two to a room you must purchase two Cheers if one does.

Cruised on 20 different Carnival Cruise ships with 47 cruises to date and 4 more booked. I think I know what I am talking bout.

LOL....okay.

3 hours ago, Chervil said:

Although the upside to Bubbles is that it is not mandatory for everyone in the cabin to buy it.
My wife is not really a soda drinker, so I get it and she doesn't.

If this is your first cruise, I would say to keep in mind that Cheers includes specialty coffees as well.
Their coffee bar is pretty good (better than Starbucks imho) so if you like those in addition to the alcohol, it might be worth it.

Oh yes I do!  

3 hours ago, HerbertandB said:

If you're going to drink all of the extra stuff that comes with Cheers besides the alcohol then it's a probably good deal.  Will you?

Also if you drink higher end alcohols.

You said you've been to AI's.  What and how much do you normally drink there? That answer should help you decide if Cheers is the way to go.

Ya I do like the higher end alcohols. At the AI , we had a few frozen rum drinks through the day and a couple beers. I drank some soda and a ton of water.  I also like a frapp here and there. I have no idea what the price would have been since it was included.  But from what you guys said ... it seems like I might at least break even