Hampton Inn Plantation

dcruisers

Planning on a pre cruise hotel and looking at Hampton Inn Plantation- anyone stay there recently?  We stayed here several years ago and wondering if they still offer airport pickup ( Fort Lauderdale) and shuttle to port.

Thank You!

11 minutes ago, dcruisers said:

Planning on a pre cruise hotel and looking at Hampton Inn Plantation- anyone stay there recently?  We stayed here several years ago and wondering if they still offer airport pickup ( Fort Lauderdale) and shuttle to port.

Thank You!

go to the Florida Departures forum ... plenty of threads there

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation, FL three times; the most recent was Feb 2018 and Feb 2019.  Each time we were there only for the night before our cruise.  However, since we live in Florida and drive down to Ft. Lauderdale the day prior to the cruise, I can not answer about airport pick up.  I suggest you call the hotel directly.

Typical Hampton Inn with typical free breakfast.  It is convenient to shopping and restaurants, but we have a car which makes it more convenient.  There is a Target store and a shopping mall within 15 to 20 minute walk from the hotel.

answer easily found on the property-specific web page

https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-ft-lauderdale-plantation-FLLPTHX/index.html

If you’re traveling to and from the airport, our free airport shuttle runs daily from 8:00am to 10:00pm. Port Everglades Cruise Port is found just 20 minutes away by car. Our cruising guests will appreciate our one-way shuttle to Port Everglades running every hour starting at 8:00am ($5 per person fee applies).

There are three other Hampton Inns much closer to Port Everglades (don't know which of the three was referenced in post #3) so why stay in the suburbs and have to worry about shared transport unless the savings is truly significant--though without knowing what time of year you are cruising we can't fully answer that question either.

4 hours ago, dcruisers said:

Thank You!

We use Hampton inn plantation Florida all the time. They still  offer free shuttle from airport and free shuttle to port . Loves this  hotel. Lots  of shopping and restaurants  nearby

• Like 1

Thank you to those who shared their more recent experience at this hotel and enjoyed it. We are 4 couples and we all had a good experience several years ago.  Glad to hear it’s still a good place to stay.

happy sailing 

35 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

One of the regular posters here lives out there.

Hopefully they will chime in and help you out.

That would be me! I think others handled it well. I would disregard the idea that there are closer hotels. Plantation is just off the highway that runs right to the port.  This hotel is barely 15 minutes and $5/pp shuttle to the port. It's an excellent cruise hotel.  

It's also right next to a Total Wine. Tons of excellent restaurants of all kinds. Safe. Convenient. Etc.  If the price is right, it's truly a very practical spot for cruising.  The area has a lot to offer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dcruisers said:

This is the Florida Departure forum

The suggestion to repost your question on this forum was made prior to our host moving this thread here from the Princess board where it was started by the OP. Oh wait--that was you:classic_huh:

2 hours ago, BNBR said:

I would disregard the idea that there are closer hotels. Plantation is just off the highway that runs right to the port.  This hotel is barely 15 minutes and $5/pp shuttle to the port. It's an excellent cruise hotel.  

I was merely trying to suggest that there are much better alternatives that starting your cruise riding a hot crowded shared shuttle on which it is all but guaranteed that your ship will not be its first stop. I have personally sworn off them since taking one from the airport to a pre-cruise hotel way back in 2000. The driver pulled up to the service entrance not the lobby entrance, flung our bags into the gutter and demanded a 100% tip (this was a very premium hotel where the shuttle was not free). And this was in a US city with a far better reputation for customer service than South Florida--so I can only imagine what the war stories are from down here.

Edited by fishywood

5 hours ago, fishywood said:

The suggestion to repost your question on this forum was made prior to our host moving this thread here from the Princess board where it was started by the OP. Oh wait--that was you:classic_huh:

I was merely trying to suggest that there are much better alternatives that starting your cruise riding a hot crowded shared shuttle on which it is all but guaranteed that your ship will not be its first stop. I have personally sworn off them since taking one from the airport to a pre-cruise hotel way back in 2000. The driver pulled up to the service entrance not the lobby entrance, flung our bags into the gutter and demanded a 100% tip (this was a very premium hotel where the shuttle was not free). And this was in a US city with a far better reputation for customer service than South Florida--so I can only imagine what the war stories are from down here.

Then take an Uber, from the Plantation Hampton Inn for $16

Edited by BNBR

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation twice (Jan. 2018 And 2019) with reservations for Jan. 2020.  The free dedicated HI shuttle took us to the hotel from the airport and to the port in the morning.  The hotel is close to a mall, restaurants and a Total Wine shop.  They offer a very decent breakfast and the rooms were fine.  

I can highly recommend.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fishywood said:

:classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Plant said:

Is Hampton Plantation more convenient than Hampton Airport North?

Thanks.

It makes no difference.  10 minutes extra drive.  Is Plantation closer? No.  But it's close enough to not really matter.  If pricing was the same for the Airport location, I'd probably take that location, however, as there is no point in going out to Plantation unless you had other things you wanted to do there like specific restaurants, contour day spa, total wine, shopping mall, etc.  

Edited by BNBR

On 7/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, dcruisers said:

This is the Florida Departure forum

I moved the question from the Princess boards to the Florida boards so that's how it ended up here!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have used this Hampton a few times now (April 2019 most recent) and have always enjoyed our stay. We called the Hampton shuttle after claiming our luggage at the airport. Unfortunately we had a miscommunication with the airport and they had us stand to wait in the wrong place. The Hampton shuttle made contact with us and drove to where we were. We were very impressed with the driver and his patience for us. He gave us tips on taking the morning shuttle to the cruise port but we decided to take an earlier ride than his suggestion. We were the only ones on the shuttle and it went directly to the cruise port. The shuttle driver did tell us that the Hampton was experimenting with a small fee for the cruise port shuttle ($5-10 per room) but we did not pay anything in April. I would definitely use this location again for a pre-cruise stay.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, antmaril said:

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation twice (Jan. 2018 And 2019) with reservations for Jan. 2020.  The free dedicated HI shuttle took us to the hotel from the airport and to the port in the morning.  The hotel is close to a mall, restaurants and a Total Wine shop.  They offer a very decent breakfast and the rooms were fine.  

I can highly recommend.  

How is the pool?  I can't find a picture.  I don't necessarily want to swim but would like to soak in the florida sun.

36 minutes ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

How is the pool?  I can't find a picture.  I don't necessarily want to swim but would like to soak in the florida sun.

Plenty of pool pictures on Google. Just search for the hotel on Google Maps and click Photos.