Tux hire on Britannia

scubadiverswife

Can anyone tell me if you can hire a tux on board Britannia? My friend who is coming with us asked and I couldn’t give her an answer as I’ve never cruised with p&o before. Also is it expensive if you can ? She is just thinking suits are heavy and rather than taking one for her husband they might hire instead if possible.

42 minutes ago, scubadiverswife said:

Can anyone tell me if you can hire a tux on board Britannia? My friend who is coming with us asked and I couldn’t give her an answer as I’ve never cruised with p&o before. Also is it expensive if you can ? She is just thinking suits are heavy and rather than taking one for her husband they might hire instead if possible.

I bought a light weight suit from M&S which I only wear on P&O.

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I bought a light weight suit from M&S which I only wear on P&O.

I got mine from Matalan. £65, looks fantastic and very light

weight.

Not sure if I look like James Bond or Johnny English....

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I got mine from Matalan. £65, looks fantastic and very light

weight.

Not sure if I look like James Bond or Johnny English....

Andy

I've got a nice white tux from Matalan.  I think I look like Johnny  Depp, but my wife says Johnny Vegas.  I've got her an appointment at Specsavers tomorrow! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've got a nice white tux from Matalan.  I think I look like Johnny  Depp, but my wife says Johnny Vegas.  I've got her an appointment at Specsavers tomorrow! 

Are you certain it's not your mirror that needs cleaning?😀

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I will take my own Brian now you say it is ok...

COYI...

Andy

There seems to be quite a few of us in your neck of the woods.When we visit inlaws in Basingstoke,there's a lot there also.Keep up the missionary work,lol.

11 hours ago, brian1 said:

There seems to be quite a few of us in your neck of the woods.When we visit inlaws in Basingstoke,there's a lot there also.Keep up the missionary work,lol.

Yes, I was surprised how many when I moved down. 

Then again, the local team has had nothing to shout about for a while...

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yes, I was surprised how many when I moved down. 

Then again, the local team has had nothing to shout about for a while...

Andy

We are football daft in the North East and I am hoping my team Sunderland get promoted.

30,000+ home crowds in league 1 last season smashed the record.

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are football daft in the North East and I am hoping my team Sunderland get promoted.

I have friends in Sunderland Graham, good people. 

They don't like it when I call them Geordies though...

Up the Mackems.

Andy

51 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have friends in Sunderland Graham, good people. 

They don't like it when I call them Geordies though...

Up the Mackems.

Andy

Cheers Andy.

I'll make you an honoury Mackem.

• Like 1

M&S do a very keenly priced dinner suit and it is pretty good quality and very forgiving. I put it in the suitcase, hang it up as we unpack and any creases have always gone by the first black tie night the next day. 

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

M&S do a very keenly priced dinner suit and it is pretty good quality and very forgiving. I put it in the suitcase, hang it up as we unpack and any creases have always gone by the first black tie night the next day. 

Yes, I can also recommend the M&S dinner suit.

I bought mine at a good price in a sale several years ago and the jacket in addition to inside pockets also has proper usable jacket pockets.

I have noticed that some dinner jackets do not have inside pockets and although they appear to have proper jacket pockets on closer inspection they just have the pocket flap but no actual pocket.

Edited by P-L-B

8 hours ago, P-L-B said:

Yes, I can also recommend the M&S dinner suit.

I bought mine at a good price in a sale several years ago and the jacket in addition to inside pockets also has proper usable jacket pockets.

I have noticed that some dinner jackets do not have inside pockets and although they appear to have proper jacket pockets on closer inspection they just have the pocket flap but no actual pocket.

On my suit there were no actual pockets only dummy ones. Then I found out the pockets are lightly sewn closed...doh!

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Yes, they use transit stitching, so the jacket hangs neatly when on display. Easily unpicked and revealing fully usable pockets. Catches a lot of people out!

Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware of that and I am sure that does catch a lot of people out.

Fortunately my M&S Jacket came with usable pockets without having to do any unpicking.

27 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware of that and I am sure that does catch a lot of people out.

Fortunately my M&S Jacket came with usable pockets without having to do any unpicking.

Of course, it would help if M&S put a label on the jackets to advise people of this, but for some reason they choose not to, hence why people think they only have dummy pockets when they don’t. 

7 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Yes, they use transit stitching, so the jacket hangs neatly when on display. Easily unpicked and revealing fully usable pockets. Catches a lot of people out!

Personally, I never undo the stitching on outside pockets so the jacket always hangs properly.

On 7/18/2019 at 8:28 PM, grapau27 said:

Sunderland Got a football team you learn something everyday.

UTW

I wore my M&S dinner suit on my long world cruise segment because it is washable and with  9 formal nights it was useful to put the trousers through the rinse/freshen up cycle in the laundry. don't tumble dry and they don't shrink or lose shape plus no creases except the ones that should be there

14 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I wore my M&S dinner suit on my long world cruise segment because it is washable and with  9 formal nights it was useful to put the trousers through the rinse/freshen up cycle in the laundry. don't tumble dry and they don't shrink or lose shape plus no creases except the ones that should be there

Save packing other clothes but to wear the same clothes for the entire journey.