Beverage package

I don't understand RC's math on their beverage package sale. They say buy one at 49 a day and half off second person but when I called he gave me 404 per person . I figured 404.74 for first person so half of that would be 202.37 then add that it would come to 607.11 but I was informed it would be over 800. Doesn't seem much of a sale to me

8 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

I don't understand RC's math on their beverage package sale. They say buy one at 49 a day and half off second person but when I called he gave me 404 per person . I figured 404.74 for first person so half of that would be 202.37 then add that it would come to 607.11 but I was informed it would be over 800. Doesn't seem much of a sale to me

You will find that it's best to ignore Royal's "percent off" figures.  Royal uses their own unique math.  Just look at the bottom line cost.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ccletzgo said:

Can anyone direct me to info on this sale?  it may make or break a decision.  thanks!

Sales vary by sailing, you'll need to log into your cruise planner for your particular sailing and see what it costs for your ship/itinerary.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

Others have covered it, but basically what they are actually saying is "Buy one get one half off for a final price of $49 per person per day." In other words the "full" price would be like $66 for the first passenger and $33 for half off the second passenger, coming out to $98 per day for 2 people, or $49 per person per day.

The "sales" are based off the unpublished "on board" rate for your particular sailing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, precious89904600 said:

When they say $49/pd the discount is applied. They assume a "list price" of $65/pd.

So $65 x 2 = $130

on "sale"

$65(1st full) + 32.5(2nd half off) = $97.5 or $49 x 2 = $98 (what's .50 between friends)

It all balances out if you show your work. 🙂

Sorry @awestover89already answered, but I typed a lot and didn't want to not post mine too.

• Like 3

If you will drink four or more drinks it pays to get package which also includes soda and bottle water, also if you book it now and prices go down you can call and get the new price, it pays for us , for some it’s not worth it.

1 hour ago, awestover89 said:

Others have covered it, but basically what they are actually saying is "Buy one get one half off for a final price of $49 per person per day." In other words the "full" price would be like $66 for the first passenger and $33 for half off the second passenger, coming out to $98 per day for 2 people, or $49 per person per day.

The "sales" are based off the unpublished "on board" rate for your particular sailing

I am going to save your paragraph.  It's the best-worded explanation for this situation I have seen.  (or written myself)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, precious89904600 said:

It's wise to always know that Royal Caribbean's "sale prices" are fully aligned with a Tony Curtis line from the movie Operation Petticoat: "in confusion there is profit"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

These so called sales.  How far out do you check your planner.  Mine is at $54 but we don't sail for nearly a year.   Do I need to check it every day this far out.

By checking daily you stand a better chance of stumbling across a deal like the $18 a day that happened a few weeks ago. 

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

By checking daily you stand a better chance of stumbling across a deal like the $18 a day that happened a few weeks ago. 

Wonder if anyone got fired over that 18 dollar package

Do what you’re happy with, not what someone on the internet told you to do!  Paying $42 on a B2B in Sept without checking daily.  As they say, ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.