Harmony Deck 6

I booked a GTY balcony on deck 6,7,8 or 9.  At this point, it looks like the only remaining unsold cabins for two occupants are on 6, so I am assuming that’s what I will be assigned.  Still over 6 months out, so that’s purely a guess and maybe worse case.  Are we going to hear noise from the deck below?  I’ve always had cabins below and above and never had a problem, so now I’m getting a little worried.

24 minutes ago, BamaLady#13 said:

At this point, it looks like the only remaining unsold cabins for two occupants are on 6, so I am assuming that’s what I will be assigned.

Not necessarily. Actually, the reason why you see such few cabins this far out is because the rest of the unsold cabins are being held for guaranteed cabins.

2 hours ago, BamaLady#13 said:

I booked a GTY balcony on deck 6,7,8 or 9.  At this point, it looks like the only remaining unsold cabins for two occupants are on 6, so I am assuming that’s what I will be assigned.  Still over 6 months out, so that’s purely a guess and maybe worse case.  Are we going to hear noise from the deck below?  I’ve always had cabins below and above and never had a problem, so now I’m getting a little worried.

What you see as available is not necessarily the full inventory picture.

4 hours ago, BamaLady#13 said:

Just curious, how do you know your balcony won't be on decks 10, 11, 12, or 14?

4 minutes ago, SamTimeDining said:

Just curious, how do you know your balcony won't be on decks 10, 11, 12, or 14?

If they booked an 8D guarantee it would be on decks 6, 7, 8 or 9 as that’s  where the 8D’s are located.  It’s not uncommon to see sub category guarantees offered as opposed to category guarantees.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they booked an 8D guarantee it would be on decks 6, 7, 8 or 9 as that’s  where the 8D’s are located.  It’s not uncommon to see sub category guarantees offered as opposed to category guarantees.

Ah, gotcha! Must be an Espresso/TA booking then. I didn't think the normal site had sub-category guarantees.

Yes, I purchased an 8D GTY thru one of the big box TA’s a few months ago.  I’ve used this same TA many times and never had a problem, but I got such a great deal compared to current pricing that I began to wonder if there was a big negative that I wasn’t aware of.  Thanks everyone for the reassuring comments.

11 minutes ago, BamaLady#13 said:

Are there any venues for late night snacks other than pizza?  I don’t want to pay for room service if I can easily go pick up something myself.

The only other option after Windjammer closes is Cafe Promenade, which is open 24 hours. Sorrento’s was open until 3 am each night on our recent sailing. 

20 minutes ago, BamaLady#13 said:

Are there any venues for late night snacks other than pizza?  I don’t want to pay for room service if I can easily go pick up something myself.

Cafe Promenade has small sandwiches, wraps, fruit cups, desserts, etc.

31 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

With a guarantee, should the cruiser not expect to get assigned a cabin until after final payment date and up until date of cruise?

The assignment can come anytime between booking and sailing day.

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The assignment can come anytime between booking and sailing day.

Thank you for your quick response. I guess I figured RC would wait until after final payment date (for those who cancel before then) to see what opens up.

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

Thank you for your quick response. I guess I figured RC would wait until after final payment date (for those who cancel before then) to see what opens up.

I've had guarantee cabins assigned the next day after booking at 6 months before the cruise.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

I've had guarantee cabins assigned the next day after booking at 6 months before the cruise.

Very interesting...we have a JS GTY and our ship is showing none available at this time as well only one  suite(OS) available. So I figured they would have to wait and see if there are any cancellations before they would assign us a cabin. We are 4 months out, so I'll just have to be patient as I check it daily:)