Europe 2021 Schedule Released

idahospud

1 hour ago, idahospud said:

The fares already have the launch $ discount applied. The price list that was posted here is a travel agent copy so the NCF (non-commissionable fees) is info for travel agents and doesn't change the price you pay.

TA's that discount will subtract out the NCF portion of the fare and then apply their discount %.

15 hours ago, atchisog said:

Why are they being released so early? Last year I think it was November.

Prices yet?

Crown itinerary kind of meh.

We were at an event in Southampton yesterday for the UK launch of the Medallion (with Arnold Donald and John Padgett). Princess also used this chance to announce they were releasing 2021 dates early and had this infographic:

1347555531_2021EuropeLaunch.thumb.jpg.0f33d36787f59ada28a14295e52b7657.jpg

Edited by dides

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

I noticed that too.  I think this year's itinerary was much better.  I'm glad we went last month on the Sapphire Princess.

Yes - you guys even had a better itinerary than we had as we did not go to Flam.  :( I still loved my trip there.

5 hours ago, dides said:

We were at an event in Southampton yesterday for the UK launch of the Medallion (with Arnold Donald and John Padgett). Princess also used this chance to announce they were releasing 2021 dates early and had this infographic:

1347555531_2021EuropeLaunch.thumb.jpg.0f33d36787f59ada28a14295e52b7657.jpg

that explains it, thx

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I truly wish Princess would stop dialing it in with the Med.  A 7, 14, 21 day version of the same itinerary and repeat....alllll yeaaarrrr looonggggg yawn 

Totally agree. I see they’ve brought back Kusadasi and Istanbul in 2021 but that looks to be the only difference. Some of the Island’s itineraries are interesting but reluctant to try because it’s an older ship and because of all the bad press on here.

• Like 1

Regarding the Med itineraries, Princess is using very large ships which limits their options. 

I too liked a few of the Island's itineraries.

So what advantages are there for booking on Aug 13?  Cabin selection, anything else?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Regarding the Med itineraries, Princess is using very large ships which limits their options. 

So what advantages are there for booking on Aug 13?  Cabin selection, anything else?

Thanks.

That doesn’t wash with me. Other lines with equally large ships can mix it up a bit. 

12 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks.

But they have smaller ships too. Island's & Coral's size is ideal for Eastern Med routes. Many other companies like MSC, Costa, Norwegian, HAL, Celebrity & TUI are using ships in similar size around 90.000 GRT. They also have Sun & Sea Princess. But to have only one ship based in the Med area in the summer is not the right move because it is limiting your options. Enchanted itineraries are a copy to 2020 ones (with the only difference of adding Istanbul). Island Princess two itineraries in Easted Med are good but are too late in Fall. In conclusion, I think they need to add one ship for more support to the Mediterranean area. If it is too late now, they could add it to 2022 because the other companies are expanding progressively to the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

But they have smaller ships too. Island's & Coral's size is ideal for Eastern Med routes. Many other companies like MSC, Costa, Norwegian, HAL, Celebrity & TUI are using ships in similar size around 90.000 GRT. They also have Sun & Sea Princess. But to have only one ship based in the Med area in the summer is not the right move because it is limiting your options. Enchanted itineraries are a copy to 2020 ones (with the only difference of adding Istanbul). Island Princess two itineraries in Easted Med are good but are too late in Fall. In conclusion, I think they need to add one ship for more support to the Mediterranean area. If it is too late now, they could add it to 2022 because the other companies are expanding progressively to the area.

There was 1 year where they had 2 Grand Class ships in the Med and they couldn't fill them, so one got pulled and re-deployed.

• Like 1

We have boarded the Grand many times for West Coast ports and the UK presentation has her listed for future European sailings.  Sad.  --  We have had the pleasure of sailing in the Med with the Grand when it first was launched...memories. 

40 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Very disappointed in Land of the Midnight Sun sailings, but I'm hoping there might be a misprint.  Itinerary for the 14 day sailing shows Trondheim listed twice.  I've never seen that before.

image.png.167adb0b280007a79f45f300d027ae65.png

It's an error. If you look at the pricing it shows this for the June 12 and Aug 21 Grand Princess Land of the Midnight Sun voyages:

London (Southampton), Haugesund, Skjolden/Sognefjord, Olden/Nordfjord, Trondheim, Honningsvag (for North Cape), Tromso, Lofoten Islands (Gravdal), Aalesund, Bergen, London (Southampton)

There is also a 16 day Land of the Midnight Sun & Summer Solstice voyage on the Island Princess on June 11:

London (Southampton), Haugesund, Olden/Nordfjord, Tromso, Honningsvag (for North Cape), Longyearbyen  (Spitsbergen), Trondheim, Andalsnes, Skjolden/Sognefjord, London (Southampton)

Hope that helps.

Edited by idahospud

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Very disappointed in Land of the Midnight Sun sailings, but I'm hoping there might be a misprint.  Itinerary for the 14 day sailing shows Trondheim listed twice.  I've never seen that before.

image.png.167adb0b280007a79f45f300d027ae65.png

I have done (1) 14 night trip to Norway. Norway is putting in new guidelines which make ships that are not as environmentally friendly unable to go to Gerianger and Flam. I would look into other lines that are allowed to sail there. BTW - Skjolden was my least favorite port. Our ship did stop there but not many used to but it will probably be more popular to lines such as Princess when they can't sail to Flam.

Tourism is not well built up in Skjolden and we found only 1 private tour who usually does not book tours in advance. They did for us but it was not the norm.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Thanks to both of you for your replies.  I am looking at other lines, as well as considering moving future cruises around and doing Norway in 2020.

It is a great trip. I was reading on another forum that HAL is switching itineraries around for 2020. I am not sure when the new regulations go into affect but I would definitely look into it before booking. There is someone on the Northern European boards who is from Norway - they probably have more info over there.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:14 PM, idahospud said:

In case you're interested, here is the Europe schedule for April-December 2021. Elite bookings open August 13, everyone else on August 14.

PC_2021 Europe At A Glance_07_18_2019.pdf 1.16 MB · 427 downloads PC_2021_EuropeReferenceFlyer_07_2019.pdf 536.64 kB · 420 downloads

Thanks for the information.  Now to plan our next cruise to the Mediterranean in 2021.