Port Canaveral Parking

catugirl

We are booked on Harmony in November and will be driving down from NC.  How is the parking at Port Canaveral?  Is it easy to navigate?  We have never embarked there.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, catugirl said:

We are booked on Harmony in November and will be driving down from NC.  How is the parking at Port Canaveral?  Is it easy to navigate?  We have never embarked there.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Really easy. Drop luggage off first then turn left and go up the ramp. You have to pay as you enter. That makes it easy to leave at end of cruise

I like to use an offsite lot called "Park Port Canaveral" they usually run specials anywhere from $8.95-$10.95 a day. It's way cheaper than the Canaveral parking at the port. Also, they shuttle you over there and back while handling your bags for you. Very easy.

I just checked, they have a promo for $7.99 going right now so I'd get that if I were you.

Edited by Paelos
Updated info
  • Like 2

Coming from that distance, you also "might" consider any number of "park and cruise" specials by local hotels. This is usually what we do since we like to be there the day before to avoid the rush. For the package, we stay in the hotel, park our car in their lot, they shuttle us to the terminal, pick us up when we get back.

If you are planning on a hotel the night before anyway, it's not a bad way to take off a little of the stress.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Really easy. Drop luggage off first then turn left and go up the ramp. You have to pay as you enter. That makes it easy to leave at end of cruise

John,  out PC expert, when we cruise on Harmony in November one in our party will be in a wheelchair due to MS.  How do they handle that at the port parking?  When we went in November 2018 my husband was in a wheelchair and I parked at the Raddison because they had a lift for wheelchairs and scooters on their vans.  I was afraid to attempt to park at the port.  I also have mobility issues and did not know how to drop luggage and wheelchair and then find handicapped parking and walk back to terminal to check in.

2 hours ago, Fun2snorkel said:

John - do they now charge extra for back to backers?  I remember you could park for 2 weeks but pay for 8 days. Thanks

Yes, B2B is still free for second voyage. 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

John,  out PC expert, when we cruise on Harmony in November one in our party will be in a wheelchair due to MS.  How do they handle that at the port parking?  When we went in November 2018 my husband was in a wheelchair and I parked at the Raddison because they had a lift for wheelchairs and scooters on their vans.  I was afraid to attempt to park at the port.  I also have mobility issues and did not know how to drop luggage and wheelchair and then find handicapped parking and walk back to terminal to check in.

There are several HC parking spots next to the elevators, so that may not be a problem,  but no guarantee. Elevators are convenient to both entrance and exit from terminal.  You would be best to find parking by the east elevators since that is where you leave from.  Easier on your companion. 

Drop off wheelchair folks with the luggage, then meet them downstairs when boarding

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

There are several HC parking spots next to the elevators, so that may not be a problem,  but no guarantee. Elevators are convenient to both entrance and exit from terminal.  You would be best to find parking by the east elevators since that is where you leave from.  Easier on your companion. 

Drop off wheelchair folks with the luggage, then meet them downstairs when boarding

Thanks John.  She will be arriving in a different car and I don't know if she is able to wheel herself.  There are 14 of us so we will be arriving in at least 5 different cars from different areas in the state.  I most likely will park at the parking lot on the Bee/Beach line before getting to port area.  I like the service they have provided in the past.

12 hours ago, parothead said:

i just reserved with cruise time parking for our 4 night Mariner cruise in Dec and it was $35. The lot at the pier charges $17 a day 

Do not mind the $17 pd as much as finding a parking space and then finding elevator and walking around alone in a parking garage.

19 hours ago, catugirl said:

Hope this helps.

Yes, there are two elevators on each corner of the garage closest to the ship

You drive up (inside the building), hand your bags to a porter then drive out of the building and around the circle and back into the building past the pay area where folks will assist you with payment. You then park but try to park closest to the ship to be closest to an elevator.

Terminal-1-parking-plan.jpg

Terminal-1-parking-entrance.jpg

• Like 1

On most Sundays the traffic near terminal 1 flow just fine with short delays for drops/parking. Occasionally, there are traffic issues between 11am and 1pm especially on rainy days and when there are issues with ship disembarking..

Your plan to arrive at 1030 is good and I bet you will experience very easy drop/parking at that time.

Here is a picture of the terminal drop/park area - you enter on the right then come out on the left. You drop your bags with porters in front of the security entrance, then drive out and enter in the middle and drive up the ramp. Pay for your parking and find your spot. Take the elevators down back to the security entrance.

Terminal-1-parking-1.jpg

And below is a clearer picture of the drop-off area with the security entrance doors. You will drive where the green arrow is. Porters are waiting for you in this area and they will place your luggage on the conveyor. Next time you see your bags they will be outside your state room!

Terminal1-Luggage-Conveyor.jpg

Edited April 4, 2017 by SteerageJoe
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Paelos said:

I like to use an offsite lot called "Park Port Canaveral" they usually run specials anywhere from $8.95-$10.95 a day. It's way cheaper than the Canaveral parking at the port. Also, they shuttle you over there and back while handling your bags for you. Very easy.

I just checked, they have a promo for $7.99 going right now so I'd get that if I were you.

Where do you get the promo code?

i don’t see it anywhere, and without it it’s $10.95

Park Port Canaveral is our off site parking of choice.  It is across the street from and is operated by Radisson so it must be good.  Great staff, security fenced in a paved parking lot, and shuttles run constantly.  About 5 minutes to drop off at the port.  

When you get to Park Port Canaveral, the staff gets your luggage.  You park your car and lock it and YOU KEEP YOUR KEYS. (That is important to us.)  Currently offering a $7.99 per day on-line special.  https://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

Enjoy your Harmony cruise.

Sea ya!

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

Hope this helps.

Yes, there are two elevators on each corner of the garage closest to the ship

You drive up (inside the building), hand your bags to a porter then drive out of the building and around the circle and back into the building past the pay area where folks will assist you with payment. You then park but try to park closest to the ship to be closest to an elevator.

Terminal-1-parking-plan.jpg

Terminal-1-parking-entrance.jpg

•  
  •  

Cool map

Just checked Park port canaveral. Pay today was 10.95 and now they charge that 8th day.

came out to  

$87.60

5.00 entrance fee

--------------------

6.48 tax

99.08 total.   Do you tip the driver either way? Last year doing storm when ships at sea had major wind and tidal flooding and damages to these lots. Think I will still stay with the second floor of the garage about 150 feet from the elevator for the  $17.00 X 8 day =136.00   no tips.  Do get me wrong do not have to use hotel and drive in. Also at port at Fort Lauderdale use Park & Go with 23 shuttles and just outside port  and cost $8.95 and much cheaper than the terminal parking  so sometimes  works either way.

Edited by villager70
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

Just checked Park port canaveral. Pay today was 10.95 and now they charge that 8th day.

came out to  

$87.60

5.00 entrance fee

--------------------

6.48 tax

99.08 total.   Do you tip the driver either way? Last year doing storm when ships at sea had major wind and tidal flooding and damages to these lots. Think I will still stay with the second floor of the garage about 150 feet from the elevator for the  $17.00 X 8 day =136.00   no tips.  Do get me wrong do not have to use hotel and drive in. Also at port at Fort Lauderdale use Park & Go with 23 shuttles and just outside port  and cost $8.95 and much cheaper than the terminal parking  so sometimes  works either way.

We love Park N Go in Ft Lauderdale. I don’t think anyone could beat them. 

I booked Park Port Canaveral after one of our CC members gave me the promo code. I got the 7.95 rate. 

I’d rather be in a lot with a shuttle than trek to our car in a terminal. 

If you’re in good shape mobility wise, I can see using the terminal. 

Although I hate my cruise ending, when I leave the ship I am anxious to get started on the trip home.  Once in Lauderdale we used a park and shuttle.  We were early off the ship and went to the area to wait for the shuttle.  After 20 minutes no shuttle.  Called and they acted like we were too early.  Another 10 minutes and one came.  Problem was there were now about 50 people waiting.  Complete madhouse.  Not a pleasant way to end a cruise.

It’s worth it to me to pay extra to have my car waiting for me.  My suitcase has rollers and I am more than able to walk the 200 feet or so.  It’s not as far as parking at the airport and dragging the luggage.

• Like 2