Shopping on Summit

dcagg03

Our first cruise with Celebrity is coming up. We have OBC and were wondering what stores were on the Summit? We booked with paid gratuities, drink package, wifi so we thought we might use it in the shops. 

13 minutes ago, Paulras said:

If you have the Classic drink package, consider using the OBC to upgrade to premium. Or use it for a specialty restaurant. Shops are almost never better prices than at home. 

With the exception of some alcohol, if you drink.

I found that on day of departure from BDA, Goslings was less expensive aboard than in the Gosling shop in the courtyard.

If interested, check the prices of several brands before leaving home and on-board before hitting BDA and check there... before leaving BDA.

Good luck and bon voyage

2 hours ago, dcagg03 said:

Our first cruise with Celebrity is coming up. We have OBC and were wondering what stores were on the Summit? We booked with paid gratuities, drink package, wifi so we thought we might use it in the shops. 

If you have downloaded the app for the Summit and go to the deck plans, they show what stores are on the ship.

• Thanks 1

We ended up with onboard credit we needed to use. Another cruiser we met got a big percentage from the place from where they bought the cruise. She was able to buy her two daughters a gift from the expensive jewelry store. We had much less but were able to buy daughter and DIL a lovely piece of Swarovski and it was actually on sale and less then I could get it on the net.

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Very limited selection in most of the shops, both in terms of items and sizes for clothing.  

Our experience too...

Remember you can use OBC to give your butler, room attendant and others additional tips.

Add in a couple of speciality restaurants and you won’t have any OBC to worry about!

On 7/30/2019 at 12:51 PM, dcagg03 said:

You can also use your Celebrity OBC for shore excursions either thru your Cruise Planner or while on the ship. We have always found nice things to spend our Celebrity OBC in the onboard shops for us or as gifts. We're not looking for bargains. Use it or loose it. 

PS...if your reading this while currently onboard the Summit.  Hope you're enjoying your first Celebrity cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

On 7/31/2019 at 11:56 AM, hcat said:

And a facial is a great way to end it as well!

I booked a facial once. When I arrived they told me there was nothing they could do to help my appearance. I took that as a compliment. Somewhat as I did when my mother would say, "Oh, you're VERY special". 🙂 I will use my OBC for something else. Maybe a gumball machine?

8 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

I booked a facial once. When I arrived they told me there was nothing they could do to help my appearance. I took that as a compliment. Somewhat as I did when my mother would say, "Oh, you're VERY special". 🙂 I will use my OBC for something else. Maybe a gumball machine?

Spounds like  you are very special!