Medallion class

jpj39

The lanyard is free regardless. If you want a clip or the silicone wrist watch looking type device. You have to pay extra for that same goes for the female bracelets and necklaces.

Edited by Jeter02

1 hour ago, jpj39 said:

If I order the fee lanyard can I change it for a clip once on board?

or should I cancel the lanyard order and order the clip now?

Don’t cancel the lanyard. I was able to use the attachment for the lanyard to clip it to the zipper of the bag where I keep my phone.

17 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Can you carry the medallion in a pocket or must it be worn?

Yes, you can carry it in your pocket. Sometimes I had to take it out to open our door, other times the door unlocked with it in my pocket.

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Yes. I actually keep mine in my little clutch bag that I carry with me. And it depends which ship you're on because the comparison between the Regal and the CB I noticed that the sensitivity was difference with The Medallion on opening of the cabin door. With the Regal I never had to take it out of my bag but on the CB I had to take it out of my bag for it to sense it. 

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Has anyone made earrings out of them?  Just need one old one and the new one.  Or you could go with the pirate look and just use one.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Has anyone made earrings out of them?  Just need one old one and the new one.  Or you could go with the pirate look and just use one.

Just tell them you've lost yours & they'll give you another one for the other ear -so you can make a pair for the next cruise. 👂 👂

The only thing is, they are a little heavy for an earring.

13 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Have you seen these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCHE6DK/?coliid=I3LVYFLZFGTGQ3&colid=39Y6W5D0ZXJX9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Several Medallion cruisers say they work great.

We haven't gone on a Medallion ship yet, so I can't comment.

Just ordered a couple of these to try out using our previous voyage's medallion.  For under $6.00 it's worth the test.

Thanks for the idea.

2 hours ago, Grego said:

Just ordered a couple of these to try out using our previous voyage's medallion.  For under $6.00 it's worth the test.

Thanks for the idea.

Let us all know how they fit.

I can't recall anyone on the previous thread that discussed them who posted that they didn't fit.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

12 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

And it depends which ship you're on because the comparison between the Regal and the CB I noticed that the sensitivity was difference with The Medallion on opening of the cabin door. With the Regal I never had to take it out of my bag but on the CB I had to take it out of my bag for it to sense it. 

Improvements made since the initial installation?

50 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm not sure. Mine lost it's sensitivity during our last trip for a day or so & then got better towards the end.

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I had a sensitivity problem on my last Regal cruise in the spring, just to find out it was what expected which was the battery was dying on my Medallion. Not sure on CB if it was the battery, or this was indeed the sensitivity level that was set on this particular ship. Regal, you could hear your cabin unlock while your 1-2 cabins away. CB you had to stand in front of the door and wait awhile to have it be acknowledged. Sometimes had to physically tsp my medallion on the tablet 

14 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I was hoping to make a choker out of it, Bobby Sherman style!

7 minutes ago, MrSchwump said:

I was hoping to make a choker out of it, Bobby Sherman style!

That would probably work especially for formal evenings. 

My DH made clip-on carrier pins they fit into that can be moved to any of my tops. 

Much better than those lanyards.

22 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That would probably work especially for formal evenings. 

My DH made clip-on carrier pins they fit into that can be moved to any of my tops. 

Much better than those lanyards.

Can you share how he did that?

Glue? Clip?

Sounds interesting.

DH just said something interesting...VELCRO? That could work on some (but not all clothes).

My husband kept his in his pocket in the holder that came with the lanyard. I ordered the lanyard for myself and then purchased the $12 pink sport band (since most of what I wear doesn't have pockets, and I hate lanyards). I waited to get the sport band until we boarded so I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

8 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Besides the Fit Bit bracelet, do they make a wrist band specifically for the Medallion?  Where can you go to order Medallion "stuff" prior to traveling to the port?

Thanks in advance.

You can buy a variety of accessories on the ship, a wristband, bracelet , clip for your collar or belt, fancy lanyards, or a pendant holder.  

I did buy the Fitbit holders and for the price they worked very well.  DH is fussy and didn’t like how his Fitbit wristband fit his wrist, so I bought  him the rubber wristband  on the ship.   That worked very well also, and was $12.   I don’t think you can order accessories pre-cruise yet, but probably will be available eventually. 

• Like 1