Second entrée at the steakhouse?

mykeb14

Just now, Lottacruises said:

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

As often as I get two entrees in the mdr, I always leave the steakhouse SO full! Save some room for the dessert too, 

I really enjoyed the French onion soup last time and I’m mainly thinking of getting 2 of those

We ate at the steakhouse in January and were told it would be an extra charge for a second entree.
Can't remember how much though.
Didn't inquire about an extra appetizer.
Of course, our server was also pretty new so he may have been misinformed.

Edited by Chervil

Sorry  I can't give you any recent information.       But a couple years age on the Breeze when the steakhouse was $35 you could order a second entrée for $20.  That might have changed now

We did order a second one for $20.  

We both got the lobster tail and then ordered the large filet as a second and split it.  made our own surf and turf so to speak.

They were much bigger lobsters and the split steak was bigger than what you get on the regular surf and turf. 

15 hours ago, mykeb14 said:

I really enjoyed the French onion soup last time and I’m mainly thinking of getting 2 of those

The onion soup is not an entree.  You can always order 2 salads or soups (appetizers) but just one main (entree) for free.  If you can eat a 2nd entree, it will be another $38.

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

The onion soup is not an entree.  You can always order 2 salads or soups (appetizers) but just one main (entree) for free.  If you can eat a 2nd entree, it will be another $38.

So they changed it from $20 to $38 for the extra entree.  I wasn’t aware 

I don't know for sure, because I didn't actually do it, but I asked once about getting a lobster as a second entrée in the steakhouse and I was told it would be $20...this was 2 years ago on the Breeze, but I think the waiter was confusing my question with the upcharge in the MDR, not the steakhouse. However it makes sense that it would be about that much, since $38 (or $35, or $33) would get you pretty much the entire meal, when all you want is a second entrée.

To those who say they couldn't eat a second entrée I personally would agree with you, but I'd like to introduce you to my 5'4", 140 lb son in law! He could eat just about any of you under the table! And he could (and would if he was allowed) eat 2 entrees in the steakhouse, while finishing his salad and noshing on his appetizer! Man is an eating machine! I hate that he doesn't weigh 400 lbs!

On my first cruise in 1987, I would often have 2 or 3 appetizers and 2 or 3 entrees in the MDR, and still stay at 180.  Boy... those were the days.  😎  I was very active then...

Now I strategize in the MDR what I can leave out so that I have room for something else... 😂

My wife and I can barely finish a 24 oz. ribeye between us... along with splitting a large baked potato and one ear of corn... 🤣  

52 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

My wife and I can barely finish a 24 oz. ribeye between us... along with splitting a large baked potato and one ear of corn... 🤣  

Hmmmmmm...  wonder if my wife and I could split a steakhouse dinner and I bet we could not finish one between us...  😃

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

To those who say they couldn't eat a second entrée I personally would agree with you, but I'd like to introduce you to my 5'4", 140 lb son in law! He could eat just about any of you under the table! And he could (and would if he was allowed) eat 2 entrees in the steakhouse, while finishing his salad and noshing on his appetizer! Man is an eating machine! I hate that he doesn't weigh 400 lbs!

He will eventually

11 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Sorry  I can't give you any recent information.       But a couple years age on the Breeze when the steakhouse was $35 you could order a second entrée for $20.  That might have changed now

We did order a second one for $20.  

We both got the lobster tail and then ordered the large filet as a second and split it.  made our own surf and turf so to speak.

They were much bigger lobsters and the split steak was bigger than what you get on the regular surf and turf. 

This is why I was asking! LOL I was looking at doing something like this possibly!