Anyone Booking Europe 2021?

paphoslady

Was going to. Just been having a look. The prices are astronomical. I cannot believe what they’re asking in the UK. Two weeks in the Med in a mini suite is £3.7k. I say this so many times but by the time flights gratuities drinks excursions are added, it’s cheaper to go on a high end line.

If they don’t reverse the current cutbacks to justify the prices being asked I think we won’t be booking any more Princess cruises.   

• Like 2

We plan to book Enchanted Princess Spanish Passage TA for November, 2021.  My travel agent has our preferred cabin #s and my credit card # so we can book tomorrow.  Already selected a hotel in Rome and checking out excursions!!!

Yes, we're excited......

Elite bookings open from today and general sale tomorrow, both with £1 deposits for these 2 days only.

I have just booked a transatlantic but have to agree in respect of Med cruises, the prices are simply astronomical !

The amount of cabins that are already "blocked out" , even on the transatlantics is alarming - they are not actually booked, just "blocked out" as confirmed by my Princess reservations agent this morning. She didn't really know why this should be so, but I strongly suspect that agents have block booked. I was speaking to her the minute they came on sale and so it was impossible that for instance, 95% of the cabins on my deck were already full with actual bookings.

With pricing as crazy as it appears, especially Med cruises, I am thinking I will likely proceed with plans to take my Cunard options.

Are Princess pricing themselves out of the European market, time will tell?

• Like 2

I looked at a 10-night "Oktoberfest" in September but going solo it was over £2400 so will pass on that.  One of my cruising buddies might be interested but we will wait and see what happens a bit closer to the time.  I hate booking things two years ahead!

8 minutes ago, johnsuttoncoldfield said:

Elite bookings open from today and general sale tomorrow, both with £1 deposits for these 2 days only.

I have just booked a transatlantic but have to agree in respect of Med cruises, the prices are simply astronomical !

The amount of cabins that are already "blocked out" , even on the transatlantics is alarming - they are not actually booked, just "blocked out" as confirmed by my Princess reservations agent this morning. She didn't really know why this should be so, but I strongly suspect that agents have block booked. I was speaking to her the minute they came on sale and so it was impossible that for instance, 95% of the cabins on my deck were already full with actual bookings.

With pricing as crazy as it appears, especially Med cruises, I am thinking I will likely proceed with plans to take my Cunard options.

Are Princess pricing themselves out of the European market, time will tell?

Just as an example of astronomical pricing - a middle of the road balcony cabin on a Med Cruise - 14 night in May - was £6603 and as I travel alone, that is crazy (100% single supplement). A Superior Oceanview was £5903. Obviously, both of these also did not include flights from the UK!

Despite the prices we’ve gone ahead and booked. Transatlantic Copenhagen to New York on Sky Princess in September 2021. Have booked one of the two Window Suites on the Sky deck. Only slightly more expensive than a Club Class mini suite. Includes $750 OBC so offsets some of the pain. 

So Princess opened bookings in UK early (before US) for 1 pound. All top rooms on Transatlantic are now gone, I'm so done with Princess, a completely incompetent company!. So the UK people want to fly to Florida in April

and book a transatlantic back?

52 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Despite the prices we’ve gone ahead and booked. Transatlantic Copenhagen to New York on Sky Princess in September 2021. Have booked one of the two Window Suites on the Sky deck. Only slightly more expensive than a Club Class mini suite. Includes $750 OBC so offsets some of the pain. 

Should be Sun deck not Sky deck. Hopefully the Window Suites are 700 square feet like the website suggests. Will be positively luxurious for all those sea days. Will be our first TA. 

Edited by Geoffa30

10 minutes ago, atchisog said:

So Princess opened bookings in UK early (before US) for 1 pound. All top rooms on Transatlantic are now gone, I'm so done with Princess, a completely incompetent company!. So the UK people want to fly to Florida in April

and book a transatlantic back?

Just a suggestion - following the conversation with my Princess reservation representative today, who also seemed at a loss as to why so many cabins appeared "blocked out", she thought that possibly some could be released tomorrow? Worth a try I guess, I will be looking myself as had to book cabins that were not my first choice today.

Albeit I am Elite and welcome the perk of having "first choice" I can also appreciate that my early booking advantage should not preclude others from booking their chosen voyages. However, as those "blocked out" cabins look to be the better ones, it would seem rather a less than logical formula. 

At first glance, the 2021 itineraries weren’t of particular interest to me, but I do need to take a closer look to be sure. Summer Europe is a highlight of the year for me, so I hope there’s something that will be interesting to DH and I, or we may need to move on to Asia that year. 

14 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Our TA tried booking today but was told that 2021 bookings were a work in progress with no particular date for the British Isles cruise we wanted to book... He will try again tomorrow and hopefully will be able to do so then...

Di you call Princess yourself.  Bookings for Europe were ok to book for Elites this morning at 8:00 CST.   This is just one that I can see on their web site now

image.thumb.png.79d8869a1638c82b387b73975eb44212.png