Move over offer- Regal Princess Aug 25/19

trafficgirl124

Got a move over offer for our Baltics cruise leaving August 25, 2019 yesterday afternoon. Called them and left a message. Hope they call back as I want to make sure I can get all my OBC and my other perks before I say yes. They still haven't assigned me a cabin yet.

They offered a cruise up,to 20 days anywhere or 2-10 day cruises, up to $800.00 per person for cancelled flights/hotels, cost of cruise back in refundable OBC. Hope they call back today as I am flying out in 1 week. Very flexible with our vacation so we are fine with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trafficgirl124 said:

They offered a cruise up,to 20 days anywhere or 2-10 day cruises, up to $800.00 per person for cancelled flights/hotels, cost of cruise back in refundable OBC. Hope they call back today as I am flying out in 1 week. Very flexible with our vacation so we are fine with it. 

Sounds great. While I'm eager to go on our cruise next month, I'd love to take next year's cruise on the Island Princess that goes to Norway and Iceland. It cost three times more than our transatlantic. 

3 hours ago, trafficgirl124 said:

Good luck and I hope you get the offer. Do you have to know which cruises you want to switch to right when you accept the offer or do they give you all the time you need to decide? I’ve never received a move over offer only a move down offer which we did accept.  Gook luck!

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’ve never received a move over offer only a move down offer which we did accept.  Gook luck!

This is the first time I've heard of a "Move Down Offer."  What is it and how does it work?

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

This is the first time I've heard of a "Move Down Offer."  What is it and how does it work?

Well what happen with us is we started in an inside cabin.

I received a phone call with a great upsell offer to move up to a balcony. I accepted the offer and moved to a large Caribe balcony.

The night before the cruise I received a phone call and was told that they had oversold the balconies. I was offered a move down offer which meant if we would move back to an inside cabin we could have 100% of our cruise fare returned to us in the form of  refundable onboard credit (minus taxes and port fees).  The entire amount was returned to us!  We only used maybe half of the money on board and a few weeks later we received a check at home for the remainder balance. I missed having a balcony but cruising for free was awesome!!!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 2

Hope you get the call back.  If you're not prepared to tell them about your replacement cruises, they can set up a holding account for you.  We ended up selecting an 11 and a 7 day cruise as replacements when we got our moveover offer last year and decided roughly two weeks after we spoke to the Princess representative to confirm the deal.  It took us a bit of time because we were traveling with friends and we needed to debate which ones we all wanted to do.  The Princess rep sent us each an email with the holding account number.

By the way, all of the OBC that we had on the cancelled cruise was also moved to the first replacement cruise as refundable OBC.  We also had what they called "protected" EZAir, Princess insurance, and port fees.  For the first two, if the amounts for our first replacement cruise exceeded what we had paid, we would not be charged more.  For air, we actually got a bargain on the replacement fare  and got money back from Princess.  Great deal if you're flexible and it sounds like you are!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trafficgirl124 said:

So I missed the move over offer but accepted a move down offer from a mini suite to a deluxe balcony and 100% refund on our cruise minus port fees and taxes. I am good with that. 😄

Sorry to hear you missed the move over offer.

One thing not mentioned above is that these offers usually have a short duration, usually a couple of hours, in which one can respond and take them up on the offer.  Otherwise they move to the next passenger on the list.

We found this information from our TA, who when phoning us to pass on the Princess move over offer stated we only had 2-1/2 hours to respond.

So lesson learned: act quickly when getting these types of offers.

1 hour ago, trafficgirl124 said:

So I missed the move over offer but accepted a move down offer from a mini suite to a deluxe balcony and 100% refund on our cruise minus port fees and taxes. I am good with that. 😄

DW & I prefer to book Deluxe Balcony cabins on Regal.  We have found the Minis to be a disappointment and the Deluxe Balcony has everything we wanted out of a mini at significantly lower cost.  I think you'll enjoy the Deluxe Balcony and with the exception of not having a tub and a shower stall in its place you may find it will serve you well.  Especially for free.  :classic_rolleyes:

20 hours ago, trafficgirl124 said:

Congratulations!  Your cruise is close to free.  Enjoy!

We are on the Regal now in a balcony cabin and prior to the cruise we received a move over offer and two move down offers.  We chose not to accept any of them, but it was certainly tempting.  A number of people that we have spoken to on this cruise also received offers.  Some took them, others did not.  This itinerary appears to be very much in demand.

Congratulations to the OP!  Your situation sounds ideal.  We would love to book a mini-suite and then get bumped down to a balcony.  Good for you!

Have fun on your cruise.  It’s a fantastic itinerary.

Edited by mevs904

The Baltic’s have been consistently sold out and offering moveovers this summer. We received one for our June cruise but didn’t take it because we were eager to take the cruise and could see that no other sailings that would work for us had any balconies remaining. That’s wonderful you at least got a move down and almost free cruise!