Value of concierge level verandah?

don731

7 hours ago, carlsbadguy said:

Does Concierge Class still offer hot breakfasts?  I thought I read that somewhere but do not see it in any of Oceania's literature. 

I was about to say "Oh, yes!" based on our concierge experience 8 months ago.  Now I'm not so sure.  I'm reading the massive 2021 brochure that arrived in the mail yesterday.  It is completely silent on the subject of breakfast, hot or otherwise, in concierge suites, and in the suite section. 

It does specifically mention expanded lunch and dinner room service options from the main dining  room for concierge suites. So it follows to think that a hot breakfast would also be allowed.. but I can't say with certainty.

it is funny  that on the descriptions  of the cabins

B to G say Complimentary  24 hr room service  but it is not listed  for the Concierge

I think it is  a case of who ever put this stuff online  there is  no one proof reading   it

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/suites-staterooms/veranda-stateroom/

Doing concierge on next cruise. The cabin location on deck 7 is certainly a good reason alone to do concierge.  Deck 7 is really quiet.  On Azamara, we have stayed in deck 7 and recently on 8.  Deck 7 is quieter. Deck 8 has some noise from above. Never interrupted my sleep. Worth spending extra to be on deck 7.  

We are booked concierge for our first O cruise next April on Sirena.

With being able to book specialty restaurants starting 60 days before sailing, are there usually tables for 2 still available?

We are flexible as far as the dining time, but would rather not have to share a table.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Doing concierge on next cruise. The cabin location on deck 7 is certainly a good reason alone to do concierge.  Deck 7 is really quiet. 

Only on the R ships

Oceania has 2 sizes of ships  so sometimes best to clarify  the ship size/class

4 minutes ago, bbqoug said:

We are booked concierge for our first O cruise next April on Sirena.

With being able to book specialty restaurants starting 60 days before sailing, are there usually tables for 2 still available?

We are flexible as far as the dining time, but would rather not have to share a table.

Yes  they usually hold back tables  for the  lower cabins  also

We have always  gotten a 2 top  in A, B or C  cabins

timing is everything

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes  they usually hold back tables  for the  lower cabins  also

We have always  gotten a 2 top  in A, B or C  cabins

timing is everything

Great.

Thank you for the information.

On the larger Oceania ships, I have traveled twice in category B veranda cabins, not concierge. When I booked them, I was concerned about getting table for 2 in specialty restaurants.  Booked 45 days prior to boarding and was able to get tables for 2 in almost every restaurant.  On our first cruise, we could not get a table for 2 in Jaques until the last night. We spoke to the maitr’d and was able to share a table on the first night. The other 2 couples were great. Had a fun time and have remained friends. 

In post #79 above, I should have mentioned that we like deck 7 when sailing on an R ship. Next cruise in concierge A2 on Sirena. looking forward to see the new updates.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, LHT28 said:

it is funny  that on the descriptions  of the cabins

B to G say Complimentary  24 hr room service  but it is not listed  for the Concierge

I think it is  a case of who ever put this stuff online  there is  no one proof reading   it

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/suites-staterooms/veranda-stateroom/

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

It's everything that the other cabins get and more.  And the room service menu is more expanded.

32 minutes ago, clo said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

It's everything that the other cabins get and more.  And the room service menu is more expanded.

Hi Cath! Sorry I’m  on this thread but I just made final payments on both my O cruises!

Hope your doing well!

Denise😊

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Cath! Sorry I’m  on this thread but I just made final payments on both my O cruises!

Hope your doing well!

Denise😊

Yippee!  Did you pay in advance?  Not me.  I paid one or two days before the due date.

1 hour ago, clo said:

Yippee!  Did you pay in advance?  Not me.  I paid one or two days before the due date.

1 hour ago, clo said:

Yes!Not by much . Wanted more Amx Hilton Honors points. Now I won’t worry about it! Believe it or not I asked Siri to remind me today!😳 Our Oceania TA sent me an email

and said will have a nice bottle of champagne from him in our rooms.He must of got notice on his email.

Denise😊

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

nice bottle of champagne

This upcoming cruise our O rep got us concierge at no extra charge so we get a bottle of Champagne.

Leaving in the AM in our new and small motorhome.  Vegas to see Jimmy Buffet, then to Malibu and finally to Death Valley.

Just now, clo said:

This upcoming cruise our O rep got us concierge at no extra charge so we get a bottle of Champagne.

Leaving in the AM in our new and small motorhome.  Vegas to see Jimmy Buffet, then to Malibu and finally to Death Valley.

Congrats on your baby!, Enjoy your motor home and Jimmy Buffet! Saw him in Vegas and it was so fun.Great showman.

Good for you with the upgrade at no charge!,,,,

We paid for PH 😳 But you know what another bottle of bubbly is fine.

Drive safe you to enjoy Malibu one of our favs to drive to.

Denise😊

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Drive safe you to enjoy Malibu one of our favs to drive to.

Over ten years ago we had a motorhome and visited the Malibu RV Park.  It's oceanfront, across the PCH from the ocean.  Along there the PCH runs east to west so you get both sunrise and sunset.  A stunning place.

Thanks, Denise.  You're so nice.

Best,

Cath

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrammieK said:

You're preaching to the choir, clo.  LHT28 is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board and a go-to for information about Oceania. 

Thanks Grammie  😇

2 hours ago, GrammieK said:

You're preaching to the choir, clo.  LHT28 is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board and a go-to for information about Oceania. 

But the link I gave provided better info.  No one is all-knowing about all things.

13 minutes ago, clo said:

But the link I gave provided better info.  No one is all-knowing about all things.

But the link I gave was posted in Aug  for B cabins 

Still does not address the  room service  HOT breakfast  issue that was  part of the discussion at the time  😎

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

But the link I gave was posted in Aug  for B cabins 

Still does not address the  room service  HOT breakfast  issue that was  part of the discussion at the time  😎

Oops, I see you changed your reply so mine may not apply.

6 hours ago, clo said:

First time Oceania cruiser, so forgive me if this has been asked hundreds if times. Can you swap the bottle of champagne for red or white wine?

5 hours ago, sailco said:

First time Oceania cruiser, so forgive me if this has been asked hundreds if times. Can you swap the bottle of champagne for red or white wine?

yes  ...red or white

their house wine  not for  a wine of your choice