Value of concierge level verandah?

don731

2 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Of course he was around begging for tips (rather unsuccessfully) on the last night/morning.

never had that happen on Oceania 😲

Yes you can buy a spa pass  through the Spa manager  at their discretion

Gosh, some people really need to lighten up. Jokes are fun, don't take life so serious.

The B3 rooms are at the front and back of deck 7 on the O ships. We had one on Marina recently and loved the extra space. 

I only take a Concierge room if I get moved to it, unless it's one of the ones at the rear on the R ships, then we'll pay a little extra for those. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shawnino said:

...The Concierge himself only said "no" to our requests, and to the requests of people we talked with...

Oh, I think we had the same guy for the first two weeks of our cruise last year.  Completely useless, inept and unhelpful. 

The second two weeks we a new  concierge.  But she was so utterly beautiful, graceful, helpful and charming that you could not get near her desk for the crowd wanting her attention, no matter what time of day.  It was almost like not having a concierge in the lounge.  There was an upside to her being there though - the O catering staff was in and out of the lounge every 5 minutes re-stocking when she was on duty. 🙂

To me the big advantage of Concierge cabins is their position amidships. As a former sailor I really want to be in the middle of the ship in rough weather (it does happen!!). Another perk is a hot room service breakfast for those early shore excursion starts

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse68 said:

To me the big advantage of Concierge cabins is their position amidships. As a former sailor I really want to be in the middle of the ship in rough weather (it does happen!!). Another perk is a hot room service breakfast for those early shore excursion starts

On O class I think, Concierge sprawls over a level... forward, mid, aft

4 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

On O class I think, Concierge sprawls over a level... forward, mid, aft

some A cabins on other decks  but the A1's  are usually mid ship  & more $

some exceptions apply

I wound up booking a Concierge Class Cabin as it was only $100 more per person for the 12 days than a regular Veranda cabin.  I like hot breakfast in the morning and if we have an early excursion like to eat in the room.  Will use the laundry benefit and probably the spa a couple of times. The $100 less was a guarantee B4 while with the Concierge cabin I could pick a cabin - not best location left but not the worst. 

• Like 2

just to clarify for those  new to Oceania

the spa access is just for the spa deck  which has some loungers & the T pool

all other services like showers, sauna, gym are free to all

the Spa services eg: massages mani/pedi  are fee based  for anyone wanting to pay for them

Riviera T pool

image.thumb.png.c7168ae0540704f575b2007b5f881f1a.png

image.thumb.png.5f7565940bcd77416f9852f2ffcd455a.png

heated ceramic loungers  open to all

image.thumb.png.0fd4cc5d1434e1e556ad6a64abb65281.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

the Spa services eg: massages mani/pedi  are fee based  for anyone wanting to pay for them

Riviera T pool

Really appreciate the info and photos.  My first O cruise is next Spring in the med and I'm very excitied!

On 8/14/2019 at 4:47 PM, raye70 said:

Seems like I opened a can of worms 1st there is no up charge all b3 canons same price regardless the size of balcony al. All same size rooms.  They are not an urban legend and if you have nothing else to do but watch us lounging under the stars in comfort with a glass of wine enjoy,  it won’t , bother us. For the most part you will only see my feet I do not spend a lot of time in the sun and if i look up I can see you.  LTH have been reading your post as I started on Oceania in 2005 and have learned a lot at least you are not negative like a lot of people. So I will go back to no replies and enjoy my cruises my way.everybody stay well and smile

We agree, we had 7008 on a Baltic Cruise a couple of years ago and it was a great room and balcony.  In November, we are taking the Marina again from Barcelona to Rio in room 7009.  7008 and 7009 are really great because the deck cuts in on 7010 and 7011, so we have half a wall facing aft and no wind because of the full wall to the front of the ship and great views.  I took 7009 for the great sunsets to Rio.  For those above us, as a rule, we keep our clothes on, most of the time, LOL, LOL !!

Edited by daveispar
Additional info
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 12:05 PM, LHT28 said:

Hope there is time to enjoy the ship

Geez.  I was just thanking you for the photos and info.  Not looking for a snarky reply.  What's up with that?  Were you a teacher of something.  LOL

4 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

Geez.  I was just thanking you for the photos and info.  Not looking for a snarky reply.  What's up with that?  Were you a teacher of something.  LOL

YIKES

I did not realize it was snarky  😱

just that Med cruises are port intensive   so most are off the ship more than on during waking hours

Sorry  I offended you

On 8/14/2019 at 4:38 PM, Rob the Cruiser said:

Agreed. Awful. Terrible. Don't book a B3 on O ships. Just don't.  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Even worse....pure torture.  Horrible.... the un imaginable pain of the mere thought that another passenger might actually see you....Years of therapy to deal with that....      

• Haha 2

On 8/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, daveispar said:

We agree, we had 7008 on a Baltic Cruise a couple of years ago and it was a great room and balcony.  In November, we are taking the Marina again from Barcelona to Rio in room 7009.  7008 and 7009 are really great because the deck cuts in on 7010 and 7011, so we have half a wall facing aft and no wind because of the full wall to the front of the ship and great views.  I took 7009 for the great sunsets to Rio.  For those above us, as a rule, we keep our clothes on, most of the time, LOL, LOL !!

I hear  those cabins are Haunted.... Some one reported "Chucky" in their closet.....  

47 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

I don’t think it was meant to be snarky, just noting that that one is so port intensive there really isn’t enough time to enjoy the ship (my take, anyways). 

• Thanks 1

• My first Med trip and first Oceania cruise was on Insignia. To prove Lyn's point I remember very little about the ship, the food or the entertainment. I have no idea who the CD or GM was. Unless I had the record of it I could hardly tell you what room I was in. 

I do remember most of our 8-10 hour tours though. No sea days, ports every day, thinking we had make the most of it because we may not ever be back there again. I've learned a little bit in the last 10 years. At this point I don't remember how many times we've been back to the Med, but it's been quite a few. 

I knew exactly what Lyn meant. I sure wish people wouldn't read things into posts that aren't there. My experience is you'll know when Lyn is being sarcastic or whatever you want to call it. She's pretty helpful, but doesn't mince words. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

. My experience is you'll know when Lyn is being sarcastic or whatever you want to call it. She's pretty helpful, but doesn't mince words. 

LOL

Me Sarcastic  😱

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, LHT28 said:

Riviera T pool

We are not new to Oceania - 4 cruises however we are new to concierge class - no other staterooms were available mid ship.    .  We are sailing on Sirena January 6th cruise from Miami.  I thought I read that Sirena does not have a concierge lounge does anyone know if this is so.  Also are there any shade areas  on the spa deck  we  have special access to.   

48 minutes ago, rrunner said:

We are not new to Oceania - 4 cruises however we are new to concierge class - no other staterooms were available mid ship.    .  We are sailing on Sirena January 6th cruise from Miami.  I thought I read that Sirena does not have a concierge lounge does anyone know if this is so.  Also are there any shade areas  on the spa deck  we  have special access to.   

No Concierge lounges on the R ships 

On Regatta there was  a shaded area on the spa deck  so maybe on the other small ships alsoimage.thumb.png.aca58e96d87825dd483c532b4b53f8ca.png

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

No Concierge lounges on the R ships 

On Regatta there was  a shaded area on the spa deck  so maybe on the other small ships alsoimage.thumb.png.aca58e96d87825dd483c532b4b53f8ca.png

Thank you.  Disappointed no concierge lounge .  That sounded like a nice perk for concierge passengers.     

On 8/15/2019 at 8:57 AM, LHT28 said:

some A cabins on other decks  but the A1's  are usually mid ship  & more $

some exceptions apply

We're on A4 and only two cabins away from the "owners suite" or whatever they call it.

PS: Does anyone know how early the concierge lounge opens?  TIA