The Magic of Majesty. August 19, 2019 5 Nights, Bahamas

Thanks for taking us along on Majesty, Twangster. 

I see see what you mean about making your room seem larger. Looks to be far more functional, too. Plus, as you mentioned, makes it much easier to be able to look out the window. 

While I really like most of what you’ve shown us so far of Majesty, the one thing I don’t think I’d like is the theater. My reason for saying that is that there doesn’t seem to be much of a change in elevation between rows. I’m short, so you know the tallest person in any theater always seems to sit in front of me! 😱 All I end up being able to see is their back and shoulders. That’s why I love stadium seating.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for taking us along on Majesty, Twangster. 

I see see what you mean about making your room seem larger. Looks to be far more functional, too. Plus, as you mentioned, makes it much easier to be able to look out the window. 

While I really like most of what you’ve shown us so far of Majesty, the one thing I don’t think I’d like is the theater. My reason for saying that is that there doesn’t seem to be much of a change in elevation between rows. I’m short, so you know the tallest person in any theater always seems to sit in front of me! 😱 All I end up being able to see is their back and shoulders. That’s why I love stadium seating.

I'm short, and the theater was rarely full, and I was able to shift a bit left or right to get a better line of sight.  🙂 

Very comfortable seating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 2 - Nassau

Been there, done that and it's raining so I'm staying on the ship today.  Besides I'll be back twice in as many weeks.

VZAgogQ.jpg

Navigator joined us shortly after our arrival.

09BrHQI.jpg

Galley Tour at 11:30am.  Despite it being in the middle of a port day there were a dozen or so participants. 

Here they are getting cheese plates and appetizers ready for dinner.  Formal night tonight.

KinN4uD.jpg

Bacon.  Yum.

FDMiXpA.jpg

Beef Tenderloin and Duck getting readied for dinner.

78Vvc3C.jpg

Making whipped butter for dinner.

P8HQapk.jpg

The bakery.  Always the best smelling spot in the galley.

EvLKUqe.jpg

E3Kc4vy.jpg

Pastry chefs hard at work.

IjtD8am.jpg

Chocolate covered strawberries anyone?

AC3KpY4.jpg

First noted on Empress so I inquired some more here on Majesty.  Powdered or "bulk" scrambled eggs are a thing of the past.  They were having trouble with the product turning black upon cooking so the fleet has standardized on fresh eggs being used for scrambled eggs, in fact for all egg purposes, only fresh eggs are used.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2019 at 7:13 AM, twangster said:

Returning to my cabin I see that Fernando my cabin attendant had separated the beds per my earlier request.

Lbw0iGD.jpg

It's amazing how much bigger and functional this makes the cabin feel.  It's also much easier to see out the window.

Love the review & pictures so far. Question for you... are there outlets near the beds to plug in phones, etc?   Thanks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phillychick said:

Love the review & pictures so far. Question for you... are there outlets near the beds to plug in phones, etc?   Thanks. 

No outlets by the bed, no USB ports, and no Euro 220v power port either, just two North American 110v outlets to the right of the desk.

2 minutes ago, Crism said:

Vernon will take good care of you during the Diamond Happy Hour if you're upstairs (and he's still onboard)!

He is still on board, and taking good care of us.  

For everyone who is a fan of this class of ship Monarch (now with Pullmantur) just released some incredible itineraries for next summer at very inexpensive prices.

Three 7 day itineraries some combinable to make a great B2B

Iceland

Norway

Russia / St. Petersburg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

No outlets by the bed, no USB ports, and no Euro 220v power port either, just two North American 110v outlets to the right of the desk.

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem bringing an extension cord onboard?

The nightly Diamond event is hosted in the front half of the Viking Crown Lounge where Vernon our Loyalty Ambassador is there to take great care of us from 4:30pm to 8pm.  Other bars also accept the three Diamond happy hour drinks loaded on SeaPass cards.  In the VCL cards are not swiped and the servers are quick to find you when you arrive.  They even remembered my drink from the night before.  Great service.

TILxWHW.jpg

This became a great place for our sail away from Nassau on this formal night.  Can't visit Nassau without a lighthouse picture.

8bFHWK0.jpg

Flag of Nations today in the Centrum.

qJOQt9d.jpg

vd8r9iN.jpg

JG3FRGX.jpg

With confetti falling it was time for the U.S.A. to be represented.  

oqysEg4.jpg

Captain Per addressed the crowd.

cG2L3Nm.jpg

3 minutes ago, phillychick said:

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem bringing an extension cord onboard?

While I’m sure some get them through screening if found they will be confiscated.  Same rules for all ships even if they don’t have as many outlets in the cabin 

This is making me so excited for our November cruise on Majesty!  Now we wait for my companion's passport to return so we can officially complete check in!  I was on the Monarch years ago, but don't remember it that well.  Do you feel like the low ceilings are an issue? Also, is the Viking Crown Lounge closed off each night for the Diamond happy hour or can others access the parts that are not specifically closed off?  It seems like a nice, quiet place to enjoy sail away if it isn't blocked off.

Thanks for the review!

1 minute ago, Epi2013 said:

Also, is the Viking Crown Lounge closed off each night for the Diamond happy hour or can others access the parts that are not specifically closed off?  It seems like a nice, quiet place to enjoy sail away if it isn't blocked off.

The forward half is blocked off for the nightly Diamond event, the aft section is open to the public.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

The forward half is blocked off for the nightly Diamond event, the aft section is open to the public.

Thanks! Perhaps one day I will be Diamond too.  Hopefully my companion becomes a huge fan of cruising! 😎

Day 3 - Perfect Day at CocoCay

Not much of a sunrise here early on the morning of day 3.

Q3brh8b.jpg

We join Navigator again today after leaving her last night in Nassau.

6jBzRqj.jpg

vZqHwRL.jpg

I spot a new addition to CocoCay.  Can you see them?

bWCiKNp.jpg

Definitely something new since my visit last week.

7aP8ZMw.jpg

This view never gets old.

rQTPaS2.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

Big sister, little sister, younger sister, older sister.  Family ships at the pier in CocoCay.

PPnVuUf.jpg

In case you haven't figured it out yet, these lights are new since my last visit.

Y4WKpE1.jpg

4LseVpE.jpg

LED lighting on the pier paves the way for late night stays on CocoCay.

68EaU8b.jpg

They must be testing them.  Down the pier there are cones where a few more will go so they are a work in progress.

• Like 1

I thought I'd start the day with a morning snorkel.  

I asked about the submerged plane at the Snorkel Shack.  It's "Permanently cordoned off, for now." 

The water was a little rough and the currents had stirred up more stuff to reduce visibility so it wasn't the best conditions today. 

ZFq6u25.jpg

YnDfaqr.jpg

OWtLldG.jpg

taQIpfC.jpg

More jellies on this visit.

TPkqWj3.jpg

GKnFYsu.jpg

gcxdf2R.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For everyone who is a fan of this class of ship Monarch (now with Pullmantur) just released some incredible itineraries for next summer at very inexpensive prices.

Don't want to pull this off course, but how do you book Pullmantur in the US?  I can't seem to find a website to quote itineraries and prices in US $.

Back to the ship to change and get my good camera.

kOiHrfq.jpg

RiQkcAX.jpg

pblaALu.jpg

Ne31D46.jpg

I tested Voom on CocoCay and once again the speeds were very good for satellite internet.  My Voom plan from Majesty works on the island now.  

NXmE6UL.jpg

h95Vp8I.jpg

Back to the Snack Shack for a Shack Crispy Chicken Sandwich, a Greek salad and fries.

1evWGxi.jpg

Yum.

iJO1rXm.jpg

The floating bar remains popular.

u1jkGFs.jpg

OL3pmC2.jpg

The pool was hopping again.  Having been several times to the new CocoCay I couldn't imagine it now without the pool.

jUVicsv.jpg

One last trip back to the ship.

Someone's not going to have a Perfect Day when they get charged for leaving a pool towel behind...

yg9Zz1Q.jpg

wdEBKkm.jpg

• Like 1