D+ Check-In With Non-D Guests

1 hour ago, polymedia said:

I'm D+ so get the fast line for check-in. Can my non-Diamond traveling companions check in with me?

Also, any tips for check-in at Vancouver since you have to go through customs?

I suggest you give as much luggage to porters as possible.  There is a pretty good walk to get on ship.  

You check in on the lower level.  Walk to elevators and go up a level to check in.  Goto checkin the walk back where you came from then outside the building.  Go back down a level to clear customs.  Then wait in an area to board ship.

Also there was no c&a area for the different levels to board.  Port personnel boarded on a first come first on principle.  That was my experience on Radiance on our July 12 sailing out of Vancouver.

And before you get in line to clear customs at the Canada Place cruise terminal everyone needs to get in line to put in your personal info and have your picture taken at the kiosk. Plenty of staff to direct you to an available kiosk and help you if needed.  

2 hours ago, polymedia said:

I'm D+ so get the fast line for check-in. Can my non-Diamond traveling companions check in with me?

I usually think of it this way - how would I feel if I were entitled to a perk and someone else dragged in their friends/families who were not entitled to the perk and made me wait longer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gerif said:

I usually think of it this way - how would I feel if I were entitled to a perk and someone else dragged in their friends/families who were not entitled to the perk and made me wait longer. 

That is why some of the “regular” lives can be shorter. In  some ports, it seems just about everybody is some kind of priority. 

M