Do you need to print edocs or just set sail pass and luggage tags?

qa4ever

Ok...my .02 cents.

I print Luggage tags and Set N Sail Passes, not the edocs.

Luggage Tags

- I purchased the luggage tag holders from Amazon.  They are perfect and I use the tag holders, over and over again.  I place them on my luggage prior to arriving to embarkation location.

- You can ask your porter to do it, but that just slows everything down.  They send you this stuff in advance for a reason.  Help the porters out, and have your stuff together.

Set N Sail Passes

- Every time I have walked in the building I have been asked to see my set n sail pass.  I have not been asked by anyone with a computer in their hands to look me up.  Again, this information is made available to you prior to boarding, why not save the passengers behind you and the agents at Embarkation some time and stress.  Have everything ready ahead of time.

Edocs

- I enjoy reading these prior to the cruise.  I have them in my email for any questions, but have never been asked for the information at embarkation.

The moral to the story is do as your asked prior to embarkation.  Remember that you are not the only cruiser and the more you have together, the better it is for the agent and next cruiser who may have a serious issue (left the luggage tags, left set n sail pass in the taxi, etc.)

That's my .02 cents.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Ok...my .02 cents.

I print Luggage tags and Set N Sail Passes, not the edocs.

Luggage Tags

- I purchased the luggage tag holders from Amazon.  They are perfect and I use the tag holders, over and over again.  I place them on my luggage prior to arriving to embarkation location.

- You can ask your porter to do it, but that just slows everything down.  They send you this stuff in advance for a reason.  Help the porters out, and have your stuff together.

Set N Sail Passes

- Every time I have walked in the building I have been asked to see my set n sail pass.  I have not been asked by anyone with a computer in their hands to look me up.  Again, this information is made available to you prior to boarding, why not save the passengers behind you and the agents at Embarkation some time and stress.  Have everything ready ahead of time.

Edocs

- I enjoy reading these prior to the cruise.  I have them in my email for any questions, but have never been asked for the information at embarkation.

The moral to the story is do as your asked prior to embarkation.  Remember that you are not the only cruiser and the more you have together, the better it is for the agent and next cruiser who may have a serious issue (left the luggage tags, left set n sail pass in the taxi, etc.)

That's my .02 cents.

And your .02 cents is well invested!  Well stated, thanks!  🙂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

Anyone know why they don't allow you to print set-sail pass within 3 days of sailing?

Last cruise I left ours at home, tried printing it at the hotel day before cruise & of course could not 😞

Manifests are already set by then.  In your case you would have to go to GS check in at the terminal to get one printed up.  

We boarded the Mariner  in PC last Friday without printed set sail passes.  We showed them the passes contained in the app.  This was our second time boarding like this, and no issues either time. And the passes noted Diamond+ and Suite status. 

Edited by lazydayz
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

Last cruise I left ours at home, tried printing it at the hotel day before cruise & of course could not 😞

Depending on the ship, you can use the RCI app to pull up the SetSail pass - this should work across the fleet by the end of 2020.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

Manifests are already set by then.  In your case you would have to go to GS check in at the terminal to get one printed up.  

I get having to be checked-in 3 days out, but that should not have any impact on printing.

Anyways, all we had to do was give our names before entering terminal & they looked us up on a printed report.  Then we just got in-line & had our seapass cards generated. 

59 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

We boarded the Mariner  in PC last Friday without printed set sail passes.  We showed them the passes contained in the app.  This was our second time boarding like this, and no issues either time. And the passes noted Diamond+ and Suite status. 

If the app is available for your ship, this is best option. Most ships don't have this feature yet.

3 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

I get having to be checked-in 3 days out, but that should not have any impact on printing.

Anyways, all we had to do was give our names before entering terminal & they looked us up on a printed report.  Then we just got in-line & had our seapass cards generated. 

A mystery then.   Just like the mystery that has a time limit for printing luggage tags.  😮 

3 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

Where and when was this?   In PC no sea pass cards until you check into your cabin.  

8 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I had been debating to buy these a few weeks ago - as a matter of fact, I had them in my shopping cart for several days. One day I happened to open up my shopping cart and they were a lightning deal for a few hours, so I saved maybe $2 by purchasing them at that time, lol. Not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but it was enough for me to go ahead and buy them. Now they are packed away in my nest of packing cubes, awaiting our next cruise. 

My next cruise-related purchase is whether or not to spring for a new toiletry bag. The one I have is a little battered from many years of travel but still serviceable. Maybe I will mention a new toiletry bag around my birthday or Christmas time to my family, they usually ask me what I might want...

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

Anyone know why they don't allow you to print set-sail pass within 3 days of sailing?

For future reference, I always download the set-sail and save as a pdf in my Dropbox. If I were to leave mine at home, I would still be able to print and for those ships supported by the Royal app, it’s now available through the app also.

Just off Majesty out of Ft Lauderdale. My friend somehow lost her set sail pass between hotel and port. When we got there, they said no problem. Looked at her passport and let us go through. We were using handicap assistance so they took us right thru to check in. They asked her birth date and we were good to go. 

12 hours ago, lcantw3658 said:

Just off Majesty out of Ft Lauderdale. My friend somehow lost her set sail pass between hotel and port. When we got there, they said no problem. Looked at her passport and let us go through. We were using handicap assistance so they took us right thru to check in. They asked her birth date and we were good to go. 

People forget all the time, and they can accommodate, which is why, if you try to have everything together, the agents can assist those with more pressing issues.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

People forget all the time, and they can accommodate, which is why, if you try to have everything together, the agents can assist those with more pressing issues.

Totally agree.  Murphy's Law....or simply... "poop happens".  Back up plan for oops.   

And also agree, if you can have everything together as requested...makes the process for yourself and everyone else go that much smoother.  🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  Murphy's Law....or simply... "poop happens".  Back up plan for oops.   

And also agree, if you can have everything together as requested...makes the process for yourself and everyone else go that much smoother.  🙂 

One year, aa girlfriend cleaned out her purse at a rest area in route to Jersey for a cruise.  When we got to the hotel, she was making sure everything was together and realized that the Set N Sail was in the papers she just through out about 100 miles ago.  She freaked.  We couldn't print them again, but as fate would have it, her mother had printed multiple copies...so "poop" happens.

• Like 1

If using the App for the set sail pass, take a screen shot of it and save it to your phone.  Just in case you'd have an issue with the App or connecting at check-in, you still have the set sail pass saved on your phone.  I do this with airline boarding passes too!

22 hours ago, island lady said:

Where and when was this?   In PC no sea pass cards until you check into your cabin.  

It's not just PC. The last three ships we were on, Harmony, Allure and Adventure, all operated that way. These was out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

13 minutes ago, rusty nut said:

It's not just PC. The last three ships we were on, Harmony, Allure and Adventure, all operated that way. These was out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

I kind of figured that, (see post #41) as I mentioned....Tampa is a bit behind the other ports.  😉  I think Cape Liberty is one that started that process.  

Edited by island lady

On 8/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, island lady said:

Luggage tags preprinted and tucked neatly into plastic sleeve holders (two per bag).  BTW...have seen torn off  "scribbled and barely readable" cheap porter tags laying lonely and no longer attached to other pax's bag in hallways.  😮 

Lol. I thought that I was the only one to put two luggage tags on each suitcase.