Do you need to print edocs or just set sail pass and luggage tags?

qa4ever

We always print out our SetSail Pass but never have felt the need to print out luggage tags...Easy to just get the sturdy/strong airline type from the terminal porter...Write your cabin number on them...attach to luggage...and you're good to go.

Many times the porter's have a black sharpie and do this quickly and easily for you.

• Like 1

I always print my edocs since I've been there during check-in when they've had computer issues.  I also bought plastic luggage tag holders so I can print out the luggage tags in advance.  No more ripped tags or a chance they will get torn off or delay with filling out the luggage tags at the port.  I just want to jump out of the cab, hand over my luggage and be on my merry way.

• Like 3

Technically, you don't need to print the Set Sail Pass or luggage tags either. They have all of your information at the pier and the porters have luggage tags. With that being said, we always print our luggage tags. I like to have them on my luggage when I arrive at the pier. It's one less thing I have to do during the boarding process. As for the Set Sail Pass, we always print those too, with one exception. A few months ago we were on Adventure and our Set Sail Pass was available on the app so no need to print it.

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

I always print my edocs since I've been there during check-in when they've had computer issues. 

How does having the edocs help in that case? There is nothing in them they need at checkin to my knowledge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackshirt said:

How does having the edocs help in that case? There is nothing in them they need at checkin to my knowledge.

Yup no need for the edocs.  Even if the computers are down, they can still check you in offline.  Set sail pass is good enough.

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Technically, you don't need to print the Set Sail Pass or luggage tags either. They have all of your information at the pier and the porters have luggage tags. 

My only concern is that without the Set Sail pass, if you have priority boarding via suites or status, how would you prove that to the attendants who guard the priority lanes?

Steve

11 minutes ago, JupiterTwo said:

My only concern is that without the Set Sail pass, if you have priority boarding via suites or status, how would you prove that to the attendants who guard the priority lanes?

Steve

They look you up on the manifest.

Set sail pass, folded neatly into passports for quick passage through check in.  BTW...for those embarking in PC...you won't get your sea pass cards until you get into your cabin.  You will need your set sail pass with printed bar code for any purchase until then.

Luggage tags preprinted and tucked neatly into plastic sleeve holders (two per bag).  BTW...have seen torn off  "scribbled and barely readable" cheap porter tags laying lonely and no longer attached to other pax's bag in hallways.  😮 

Edocs...kill a tree..not me.  Those can be easily pulled up to be read for free online if ever needed...or need something to read to put you to sleep.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Also agree 2 luggage tags per bag, including when we disembark

Good idea.  They always give us more than needed.  Have never had a problem with the numbered luggage tags coming off, but better safe than sorry.  Bad enough that I'm leaving the ship.  Don't want to make it worse by losing luggage

This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise.  Would someone please explain what the plastic luggage tag holders are?  I see something I can buy online but I don't know if the dimensions needed would change over time as our cruise isn't for a year.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, brucefan21 said:

This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise.  Would someone please explain what the plastic luggage tag holders are?  I see something I can buy online but I don't know if the dimensions needed would change over time as our cruise isn't for a year.  Thanks!

Royal gives you downloadable luggage tags.  You can fold them as directed and staple them around your luggage handles.  Or you can put them inside the plastic holders.  Or you can ignore the downloadable tags and have the porters at the pier make tags.

Nobody here knows if the dimensions will change tomorrow.  Until they change, all you can do is buy the current RC size.  There are a number of different choices on Amazon.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal gives you downloadable luggage tags.  You can fold them as directed and staple them around your luggage handles.  Or you can put them inside the plastic holders.  Or you can ignore the downloadable tags and have the porters at the pier make tags.

Nobobdy here knows if the dimensions will change tomorrow.  Until they change, all you can do is buy the current RC size.  There are a number of different choices on Amazon.

The wider ones are for Carnival-owned ships.  The thinner ones are for Royal & Celebrity.

I actually have some of each.  Have never had a problem losing a tag.  However, we no longer fly in on the day the cruise departs, always the day before.  So I can place the luggage tags while at the hotel and don't have to worry about losing them on the plane.

11 hours ago, brucefan21 said:

We use these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNLS?pf_rd_p=183f5289-9dc0-416f-942e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=EWRQPVS0B1DQBB51ASJY

16 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Imagine how long the line would be if no one printed their set sail pass?

Exactly this ^.   And you need that bar coded set sail pass to even board a ship in PC.  No sea pass cards given until you are able to get into your cabin when they open.  

Edited by island lady