Chefs table dining experience and cost

fatcattravel

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Frank I think it is the atmosphere with the designated spot/table/glass curtain etc.

I never compare the menu offerings to see what if anything if different from the regular CT.

Just seems to be a different experience imo.

I will still do either one again for sure!!

Thanks Keith...we haven’t done a CT since the price increased from $75 to $95 but might consider it during our 28 days on the Sky this Fall for $115.  We don’t need another heavy cookbook to take home to giveaway to family.  Wish they’d discount the price for no cookbook like they do for those who don’t drink alcohol...that's a discount I’ll never receive. ☺️🍷🥂 

We enjoy the Winemakers Dinner ($40) on every Royal-class ship but being in an interior cabin the UBD won’t be an option this time so maybe a CT. 🤔

• Like 1

If they offer it, the Winemakers Dinner is a wonderful alternative to Chefs Table at a fraction of the cost . We loved it . 

Here's a write-up 

WINEMAKERS DINNER

Winemakers Dinner on The Regal Princess$40 per person (inc. wines)
2 tables available nightly in Concerto & Symphony Dining Rooms.

Diners are seated in a semi-private specialty booth surrounded by wine displays where they are taken through a 5 course menu (chef’s prelude, appetizer, soup, entree and dessert) complete with paired wines. This experience is one not to be missed and can seat up to 12 diners in each of the two dining rooms. If you can’t quite round up 12 willing participants to dine as a group, you are also able to place your name down with the wait staff from which tables are created from other interested passengers on board

12 minutes ago, richstowe said:

If they offer it, the Winemakers Dinner is a wonderful alternative to Chefs Table at a fraction of the cost . We loved it . 

Here's a write-up 

WINEMAKERS DINNER

Winemakers Dinner on The Regal Princess$40 per person (inc. wines)
2 tables available nightly in Concerto & Symphony Dining Rooms.

Diners are seated in a semi-private specialty booth surrounded by wine displays where they are taken through a 5 course menu (chef’s prelude, appetizer, soup, entree and dessert) complete with paired wines. This experience is one not to be missed and can seat up to 12 diners in each of the two dining rooms. If you can’t quite round up 12 willing participants to dine as a group, you are also able to place your name down with the wait staff from which tables are created from other interested passengers on board

It’s my favorite Princess dining experience which unfortunately is only available on Royal-class ships.

348DAFA0-047D-4A6B-A6E9-14D9030E2F21.jpeg

C56D2739-F3D0-4A1D-A9DF-40C2D808B139.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, skynight said:

On the Sky the price is $115 with wine and $100 without wine. It's at a special "Lumiere" table.

Where did you find the price on the sky ? How do you reserve and how do you which night it is on the cruise??

1 hour ago, Denmal said:

Where did you find the price on the sky ? How do you reserve and how do you which night it is on the cruise??

I know the price for the Lumiere table with a ring of lights is $115 on all Royal-class ships which would include the Sky when it first sails in October.

You can call the DINE line to request it but you won’t know if you’ll get it until they call you with the date & time.  I’ve read posts that you can also go to a dining room on embarkation day to request it but have never tried it.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are going to be cruising on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks and are interested in participating in the Winemaker's Dinner.  I had planned on calling the DINE line to try to arrange for it, but reading the above (post #28 by Richstowe), it indicates that arrangements are made through the dining room wait staff.  Can people who have attended the Winemaker's Dinner come back and provide detail on how they signed up for this?

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

We are going to be cruising on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks and are interested in participating in the Winemaker's Dinner.  I had planned on calling the DINE line to try to arrange for it, but reading the above (post #28 by Richstowe), it indicates that arrangements are made through the dining room wait staff.  Can people who have attended the Winemaker's Dinner come back and provide detail on how they signed up for this?

Yes,   I try and go through the DR staff whenever I can since that's where it is held.

I would do it through a Head Waiter since it is one or 2 of them that preside over it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XBGuy said:

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes,   I try and go through the DR staff whenever I can since that's where it is held.

I would do it through a Head Waiter since it is one or 2 of them that preside over it.

Both ways work...we call the DINE line on embarkation day to request the Winemakers Dinner & got it each time on the Royal/Regal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XBGuy said:

We are going to be cruising on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks and are interested in participating in the Winemaker's Dinner. 

If you can , try the DINE line .

Not wanting to miss it, we notified both the MaitreD and the front deck of our interest . We were notified a couple of days later that there was a diner the following night . I believe it was on a formal night . We were a party of two and were ten total . The Maitre D , gave us a "special" bonus of lemoncello served in keepsake shot glasses . Wonderful ! 

19 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Both ways work...we call the DINE line on embarkation day to request the Winemakers Dinner & got it each time on the Royal/Regal.

16 hours ago, richstowe said:

If you can , try the DINE line .

Not wanting to miss it, we notified both the MaitreD and the front deck of our interest . We were notified a couple of days later that there was a diner the following night . I believe it was on a formal night . We were a party of two and were ten total . The Maitre D , gave us a "special" bonus of lemoncello served in keepsake shot glasses . Wonderful ! 

Thank you to all.

Formal night might be a problem for us.  I think that Mrs. XBGuy does not want to pack "dressy" clothes, this time.  That, of course, is subject to change.

Also, I am not interested in opinions that the formalwear dress code is not enforced.  I'm an incurable rule follower.

First world problems.  😉

We have done it twice, on the Diamond and just a week ago on the Regal. Both were amazing experiences. At some point either before or at the beginning people have notified the chef that they have allergies to certain foods. In both cases substitutions were made. After our first experience in which I tried to finish everything I made up my mind that I would treat the dinner as a marathon instead of a race. The goal is not to eat everything but to be still enjoying everything at the end.As someone else mentioned try everything because you may be surprised. As a note for those booking future cruises both the Chef and the Maitre'd from the Regal will be moving to the Enchanted next year.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, geocruiser said:

I have a shellfish allergy, so it looks like a no-go for me on this!!

My wife has a shell fish intolerance, as did another gentleman that was with us, and they totally accommodated them both. They had a menu similar to what was posted above, and they made special appetizers and and alternative main dishes for them both, while they got to watch the "show" of our meals (our main meat was flambeed of sorts table side, fire extinguisher on stand by just in case).
As someone said above, maybe it various by executive chef, but I wouldn't let it deter you. We all had to meet with the chef and the head of hotel services ahead of time to discuss dietary considerations and some options. If you find they won't accommodate you, then you could always back out then

dogdoc202

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, geocruiser said:

I have a shellfish allergy, so it looks like a no-go for me on this!!

We have done the Chef's Table numerous times and never once did we have lobster.  I hear they have two different menus that are alternated.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Chef’s Table on Princess is simply superb. I think it is handled differently on different lines but Princess is truly in a class of their own with The Chef’s Table experience. If you can afford do it, if you can’t afford it then splurge. 🤗

The Chef's Table Lumiere on the Regal Princess

The Chef's Table . We met the other diners and the Maitre d'Hotel Francisco Patricio , at Bellini's Bar  We then headed down to the galley for a change into white coats and a through hand washing . And moving rapidly through the hot and busy galley ( after all - it was dinner time ) , we met The Executive Chef Naveen Quadros .

DSC05035_zpseox0f6ts.jpg

He conducted the tour and is serving us our first hors d'oeuvre , Blue Crab and Shrimp Margarita with Avocado and Mango

DSC05040_zps2om4r56y.jpg

Yum !

Next up , Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna Tartare with Wasabi and Pickled Ginger

DSC05048_zps5xbegoec.jpg

The third appetizer was Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream and Osetra Caviar

DSC05052_zpscup7pxlc.jpg

And then came an amazing Bistro Fontina Cheese Mini Tartlet and Black Truffle !

DSC05049_zpscpikuj2t.jpg

• Like 1