See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

The question now is ... when????  MSC FANS site had it as September - we're now into October ... not that it matters a jot, seeing as there aren't any added benefits 🙄 - I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies that the benefits weren't reduced!  I would have liked to have had one of the new cruisecards on our next sailing, though.  😣

1 minute ago, thecruisers6 said:

Did you know that you have to pay for chocolate martinis on Mera?

You do on Seaview, too!  😡

2 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

Anyone for cheesecake?

😂

If it's as bad in Butcher's Cut as it was on Seaview, then ... no thanks!!!!  I'd purchased the tryptic package for this upcoming cruise with a view to enjoying BC twice (once using our Black Card perk) - I'm re-thinking that thanks to the shocking way our complaints were handled by the "famous" Pepe when our experience fell way below our expectations, having dined in BC on 3 separate occasions on 2 different ships beforehand.

Boy, I hope the cheesecake in the YC restaurant is as good as it was when we were on in June 2017 - I couldn't resist having seconds, despite not having the room for them.

I was looking forward to a chocolate martini 😕

Perhaps they'll let me have one on Seaside! I know I could buy one but that's no fun! 

Well have to observe the cheesecake situation through the window before we go to BC. I can just picture us all lined up with our noses against the window 😂😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Well have to observe the cheesecake situation through the window before we go to BC. I can just picture us all lined up with our noses against the window 😂😂

Haha I thought I was the only one thinking that 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'll be doing more than that!  I'll be insisting on a sample taste which will determine whether I deign to dine in the establishment!  😜

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Possibly not your most comprehensive ship review...engaging for us though 😀

It's a great thread for off-topic discussions (MSC related, of course  😃).

Anyway, it kinda got back on track with reference to our horrible experience in BC on Seaview.  (I hope to expand by posting a comparative report with BC on Meraviglia).

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Geeez...I open up this thread expecting more on Seaview and all I’m getting are blurbs on cheesecake.   😉

I'm beginning to think that Cheesegate deserves its own thread.  😈

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, emmas gran said:

OK more off topic-- I am looking forward to getting a chance to raise a glass with you on Meraviglia Bea.

Hopefully you will post who the YC sommelier is when you do your first leg

Liz 

Same here!  😘 

image.png.7c5a27875f04f5de23c0b3174c5dab98.png

It's slowly morphing into a pre-Meraviglia thread, Liz.  😄

Hopefully there will be a YC sommelier, though I have a feeling there might not be - they didn't have one on Seaview and I believe there isn't one on Seaside.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Same here!  😘 

image.png.7c5a27875f04f5de23c0b3174c5dab98.png

It's slowly morphing into a pre-Meraviglia thread, Liz.  😄

Hopefully there will be a YC sommelier, though I have a feeling there might not be - they didn't have one on Seaview and I believe there isn't one on Seaside.

good day - 

hopefully you will be able to post the YC boarding procedure in New York, as it is not a normal boarding point for MSC - (ie, will there still be a white tent of some sort....or where does one go when they arrive at port)  - - - looking forward to your first leg posts...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcoigna said:

good day - 

hopefully you will be able to post the YC boarding procedure in New York, as it is not a normal boarding point for MSC - (ie, will there still be a white tent of some sort....or where does one go when they arrive at port)  - - - looking forward to your first leg posts...

Hopefully we may see reports regarding the boarding for the cruise on Oct 8th, to give us an indication of process.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 5:57 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

I could probably supply most of YC - perhaps I could open a mini market in the TSL😂

I just told Jane to empty the suitcases - we are just bringing Whisky 

Single malt Scotch whisky targeted by United States tariffs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-49915034

• Haha 2

... and we're packing the following:

image.png.ce079fd9fbcbb5020cb82b7abae55ca7.png

"The United States on Wednesday said it would slap 10pc tariffs on European-made Airbus planes and 25pc duties on Irish dairy products, French wine, Scotch and Irish whiskies as punishment for illegal EU aircraft subsidies."

"Kerrygold is the No. 2 butter brand in the US and exceeded €1 billion annual retail value last year."

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 6:14 AM, Beamafar said:

The YC included package is the equivalent of the Premium package.  There are items for charge on the YC menus that the new Premium+ package includes, such as higher-end champagnes, wines and spirits.  It's $17 pppd to upgrade.  We've done it for our upcoming 23 nights on Meraviglia, too.

good day once again -time is getting close - i have a question if u don't mind - we are thinking of upgrading to the Premium+ package from the Yacht Club Package - so, here is my question:

when in the YC do u need to scan your card/bracelet or sign  each time you order something that is included in the Premium + Package, but not the Premium Package (YC)? -  do the staff eventually get it after a few days that you have the Premium+ Package?  ....    i will have the bracelet on, (my partner personally hates the bracelet and will not be wearing his)  , but do u need to remind them that - 'Yes, i can have that as i have the Premium+"

thanking you in advance,

looking forward to finally meeting you both....

Good day, Marco.

On Seaview, for the first couple of days we were asked for our card;  the crew then got used to it and only sometimes would ask to remind them of our cabin number.  There was nothing on the cruisecard, such as a code, to indicate that we had the upgraded package.

We did have to stress to the servers, when outside the enclave, that we had the + ... I think they assumed that we thought, having YC cards, that we were entitled to everything on the menus.  We just respectfully explained, each time we handed over our cards when ordering, that we had the + package.  When they scanned the card they acknowledged that we could have the drinks we were requesting.

When we received our bill on the last day, we were being charged for items we'd had in TSL (though not for the YC restaurant, where we were drinking the Prem+ included wines).  I explained to the Concierge that we had the upgraded package;  he apologised and immediately removed the charges - so no problems.

Overall, we felt the upgrade was well worth the extra cost and are looking forward to enjoying it again in a couple of weeks.

About the bracelet ... like your partner, we hate them so never used them.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

... and we're packing the following:

image.png.ce079fd9fbcbb5020cb82b7abae55ca7.png

"The United States on Wednesday said it would slap 10pc tariffs on European-made Airbus planes and 25pc duties on Irish dairy products, French wine, Scotch and Irish whiskies as punishment for illegal EU aircraft subsidies."

"Kerrygold is the No. 2 butter brand in the US and exceeded €1 billion annual retail value last year."

Uh-oh, we're headed for Buttergate 2.0! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thecruisers6 said:

I just told Jane to empty the suitcases - we are just bringing Whisky 

Single malt Scotch whisky targeted by United States tariffs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-49915034

"Whiskeys produced in the Republic of Ireland exempt from US tariffs of 25pc - but Bailey's is hit"