What's the cheapest the drink package usually goes?

Jj343434jj

My wife and I have done several Royal cruises but we have never had the drink package. We sail on December 14th this year so we still have a few months out. A month ago I looked and it was $42/per person per day. Now the price is hanging around $52-$55. I'm just wondering what is a good price to normally buy the drink package at? Also, does the drink package usually go down closer to the cruise?

34 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There's no discernable pattern to price changes.  $42 would have been a good price these days.

If you are going to buy anyhow, then buy now and if the price goes down, cancel and reorder.

Can you cancel all the way up until the cruise? Or is there a cut off date just like with final payment for the cruise?

I purchased my package when it hit $49/day ($57.82/day with gratuities). Since then it was in the $50 range and about two weeks ago the $60/range. I cruise in 17 days. I don't see the price dropping. My advice would be to figure your "top" is. Mine is $75/day (including tips, regardless of cruise line). Therefore, anything less is good. If I buy at $X and it drops to $W, I can always cancel and repurchase.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

I just got it for $48 on AD for Dec 2019.  It sat at $47 for quite a while and I didn't buy it hoping it would go down.  Then it went up and fluctuated between $55 and $52.  It finally dropped again and I grabbed it.  I know I can cancel and rebook if it goes down but I just hate giving them any money before I have to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Leaving in little over two weeks. A couple of weeks ago it was $59.00, went to $54.00 and then to $49.00. Been sitting there ever since.

Would you let us know ship and length of cruise?

Asking because it seems 3 and 4 day cruises have been/stayed a little higher in price.

Any guess if there will be a good deal on Black Friday / Cyber Monday?  I'm on Oasis in December, right now it $52 per day.  I looked at the numbers on my last cruise on Anthem, we didn't have the package and wound up spending $30 per person per day on drinks, so it would have to go down by quite a bit for it to be worth it to me.  (Although my last cruise was in 2017, so I'm sure drink prices have gone up since then which should factor into my calculations!)

Edited by MacMarauder

29 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

Any guess if there will be a good deal on Black Friday / Cyber Monday?  I'm on Oasis in December, right now it $52 per day.  I looked at the numbers on my last cruise on Anthem, we didn't have the package and wound up spending $30 per person per day on drinks, so it would have to go down by quite a bit for it to be worth it to me.  (Although my last cruise was in 2017, so I'm sure drink prices have gone up since then which should factor into my calculations!)

I'm hoping so.  I have a May 5th 10 day from Honolulu to Vancouver that I'm hoping will drop.  It's sitting at $52 and they are saying that that is 20% off the onboard price.  I'm still hoping for a a 25 or 30%

The cheapest advertised sale price for the drink package is 30% off onboard prices.  The most common sale price is 25% off onboard prices, aka buy one get one 50% off.  Normal price is 20% off onboard prices.  The onboard price is the wild card though, since it's never posted and they have the ability to change it at will at any point before the sailing.  Last month, they increased onboard prices by at least $10 a day, which impacted all of the pre-cruise sale prices.  However, if they find they aren't selling enough packages at the new prices, there's a chance they could reduce onboard prices.

Paid equal to about 42USD (conversion rate from NOK today) before tips for the Rhapsody TA on november 9th this year. I booked the package two weeks ago today, and went into the cruise planner today to see the package is about the same (about 1USD up).