Currently on board Azura

Big Foot

1 hour ago, Big Foot said:

Hello,

yes he is & has been great.  In fact has just delivered dinner so we can eat on our balcony

He's wonderful isn't he. He delivered dinner to us on our balcony too, the the night we sailed out of Flaam, such a lovely evening dining and watching the fjords pass by. My mum wanted to take him home with her! Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 9:35 PM, P&O SUE said:

Thanks Joan, those buffet seats don’t sound too good but like you that wouldn’t stop my enjoyment of the cruise!

Hello,

Currently sat in Venezia restaurant having breakfast & all the round table booths have been taped off.

Two workmen have just come in & have dismantled to seats & have taken them away to be repaired.

Joan

• Like 1

Hello 

The Glass House always looks very nice & seems quite popular however, I’m not a drinker so not best placed to answer your question.

That said I popped there this evening & have taken some photos of the venue & drinks menu, which I will upload to Flickr on Saturday when I get home & post the link as I’m struggling to upload on here.

Hope this will help.

joan

17 hours ago, paphoslady said:

I've only been on Btitannia and now looking at Azura for June 2020. What's the Glass House like on Azura? Is there a good selection of ales/beers (for my husband lol) as this was sadly lacking on our recent RCL cruise.

The Glass House mainly focuses on wine. That is one of the things that make it different from other bars on board. The food they serve (at a modest surcharge) complements the wines they sell. I haven’t been on Azura so cannot comment specifically but if, as is likely, the Glass House on Azura is the same as on other ships, they will serve beer, but nothing different from what other bars sell and maybe a reduced selection on offer.

For wine drinkers it is a great venue for trying wines not available anywhere else onboard, taking part in  a wine tasting session and also, if you are lucky enough to get a place before it sells out, a tasting menu meal where wines are paired with some excellent food and information is provided about the different wines for each course. 

Going back to the issue about no receipts, I guess that’s ok if you are charged for say,  two gins and a whisky and only ordered and received two gins. You will check at the time ( hang on, I’ll just get my specs on. They’re in my trouser pocket. What do you mean, ‘Sit down. You can’t see the show?’) and see a discrepancy or you may at a later date use the receipt to show that at say 8:23, your order was only for two gins. However, a receipt is of no use if a whole round has been added. You won’t have a receipt or you may have lost it ( or in this case) you never had it because it wasn’t your order. 

Having a receipt can prove what you did purchase. Evidence of what you didn’t purchase is not supported by the presence or absence of a receipt. 

Edited by Ranchi

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

Going back to the issue about no receipts, I guess that’s ok if you are charged for say,  two gins and a whisky and only ordered and received two gins. You will check at the time ( hang on, I’ll just get my specs on. They’re in my trouser pocket. What do you mean, ‘Sit down. You can’t see the show?’) and see a discrepancy or you may at a later date use the receipt to show that at say 8:23, your order was only for two gins. However, a receipt is of no use if a whole round has been added. You won’t have a receipt or you may have lost it ( or in this case) you never had it because it wasn’t your order. 

Having a receipt can prove what you did purchase. Evidence of what you didn’t purchase is not supported by the presence or absence of a receipt. 

Signing for your drinks is proof to check if it is your signature 

Not getting a receipt means

You don't know what you are charged for.

You don't know how much the drinks were.

No record for yourself.

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Signing for your drinks is proof to check if it is your signature 

Not getting a receipt means

You don't know what you are charged for.

You don't know how much the drinks were.

No record for yourself.

I must be fortunate, or maybe I don't drink enough, but I can't recall an issue with incorrect charging.  Occasionally I do look at a venue I'm supposed to have bought something from and think, I don't remember being there, then I remember where I was and that's probably where the waiter had to go to get my drink.

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I must be fortunate, or maybe I don't drink enough, but I can't recall an issue with incorrect charging.  Occasionally I do look at a venue I'm supposed to have bought something from and think, I don't remember being there, then I remember where I was and that's probably where the waiter had to go to get my drink.

Hi....it isn't regarding what is spent on board....as you say we can all forget the odd extra drink that we ordered. The extra charge goes on after your final statement on the last evening and doesn't show on your credit card until you get home so unless you order a drink after the final statement which  is delivered to your cabin ....sometimes very late evening   and costs about £3 or so it is an unaccounted extra charge.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Personally I want a receipt for everything to keep my records correct.

I see a big potential for mistakes with the iPad and not signing and getting a receipt leaves you with no proof if/when mistakes happen.

I was always under the impression that the signature was the proof they needed to be authorised to take the money from your account. Without the signature they can still take the money but should you choose to dispute it through your bank then P&O would have no evidence. (Could be wrong but when I looked into it before I believe that was the reason I found to explain why I had to sign for everything).  

6 minutes ago, Showingthatgame said:

I was always under the impression that the signature was the proof they needed to be authorised to take the money from your account. Without the signature they can still take the money but should you choose to dispute it through your bank then P&O would have no evidence. (Could be wrong but when I looked into it before I believe that was the reason I found to explain why I had to sign for everything).  

But it is a bit late after the end of the cruise to plough through all your receipts to see if your final invoice is correct . Like others, I like to keep my receipts, and every 4 or 5 days  get a print out of my bill , to ensure that the running total is more or less in line with my own calculation. To be honest, I am less than meticulous with my receipt collection, but as long as the official total is within £10 to £15 of my own, I am happy.

1 minute ago, Showingthatgame said:

As they do seem to be switching to a more digital system perhaps they should introduce a way to check you bill using the TVs in your cabin. You would then only have to remember a days worth of purchases rather than a week. However I do agree that the paper trail can be useful. 

That facility used to be available on some of the ships and was removed. It was indeed very handy.

1 hour ago, Showingthatgame said:

As they do seem to be switching to a more digital system perhaps they should introduce a way to check you bill using the TVs in your cabin. You would then only have to remember a days worth of purchases rather than a week. However I do agree that the paper trail can be useful. 

Royal Caribbean have interactive TV to check your bill,order room service,book shows,book excursions and still get you to sign a receipt where you keep 1 copy and they keep the other.

On certain ships they also have a phone app that does all this.

The only good thing about the P&O iPad is they don't take away your cruise card when they go for your drinks.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Royal Caribbean have interactive TV to check your bill,order room service,book shows,book excursions and still get you to sign a receipt where you keep 1 copy and they keep the other.

On certain ships they also have a phone app that does all this.

The only good thing about the P&O iPad is they don't take away your cruise card when they go for your drinks.

Independence OTS no longer has the interactive TVs, although they did advise that a new system will soon be implemented, although I suspect it will be mainly for movies. 

It seems that the Royal App will be their focus for account updates among all its other features in future.

20 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

More to the point, we always check our receipts against the final bill, but if they they put on a charge after you have vacated your cabin, they would have a hard time proving it.  I shall be keeping all my receipts from now on.

Usually the rogue charge's after your final bill are reimbursed if you ring and complain and like you I check all our receipts against our bill.

Several years ago on Arcadia in the night club the waiter gave me a bill to sign for our drinks which should have been about £20.

The bill in my name was for over £100 for a bottle of champagne which I disputed and the waiter came back with a revised bill.

The new iPad way with no receipts is a no no from me and I insisted on receipts on our recent Ventura cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, paphoslady said:

I've only been on Btitannia and now looking at Azura for June 2020. What's the Glass House like on Azura? Is there a good selection of ales/beers (for my husband lol) as this was sadly lacking on our recent RCL cruise.

Hello,

Apologies for the delay, however, as promised, here’s some photos of The Glass House on Azura and the drinks menu, together with that from Brodie’s.

Azura - Glass House & Brodie’s Drinks Menus

Hope it helps.

Joan

• Like 1