Odyssey on sale!

Kokomo91165

Just now, awestover89 said:

That's from CruisingPower, Royal Caribbean's travel agent booking site

And should it surprise us that their website it then wrong and so are cruising websites that use their information?? 🙄 119 vs. 198 is a huge difference. What are the large balcony cabins? 177 sqft with the 80.sqft balcony?  Because even Royal says Oceanview with Balcony have the same size balconies as Large Balconies which doesn't make sense. 🤔

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You shouldn’t believe everything on Royal Caribbeans consumer website.  As Awestover89 said above its Royals travel agent site...much more accurate. 

Well cabin size is pretty basic. And shrinking them to jam in more would not surprise me!!!

1 minute ago, nicstress said:

And should it surprise us that their website it then wrong and so are cruising websites that use their information?? 🙄 119 vs. 198 is a huge difference. What are the large balcony cabins? 177 sqft with the 80.sqft balcony?  Because even Royal says Oceanview with Balcony have the same size balconies as Large Balconies which doesn't make sense. 🤔

Does not surprise me at all. Cruising Power has the following (Category, Room Size, Balcony Size)

2F 119/50

#E 198/50
#D 198/60
#C 177/70

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nicstress said:

Well cabin size is pretty basic. And shrinking them to jam in more would not surprise me!!!

So since you don’t believe numbers how about pictures.  The first is deck 6 on the Anthem the second is deck 6 on Odyssey.  Obstructed view cabins....they look the same to me.  They certainly did not cut the cabin size by almost half.

E1912DFF-8AE3-4130-A690-C9656E6C7381.png

45DC727E-4E18-4CBA-8AED-B4C70681056F.png

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are not 119 sq fr.  they are the same size as Anthem, Quantum, Ovation and Spectrum. 

F9A7560E-E318-4109-8868-928164D0D355.png

Ken - If you don't mind me asking, What are the dimensions of the J1s, 10722, 11722 and 12722? They appear slightly different on the Deck plans. Also the J1 on deck 6 has to be somewhat obstructed due to the Life Boat right below on deck 5. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Ken - If you don't mind me asking, What are the dimensions of the J1s, 10722, 11722 and 12722? They appear slightly different on the Deck plans. Also the J1 on deck 6 has to be somewhat obstructed due to the Life Boat right below on deck 5. Thanks 

Here’s what the J1’s are listed at.  Unfortunately it’s a standard measurement that is for the majority of cabins in that category.  If there are a few cabins that are a slight deviation they don’t publish those specifically.

67046584-D650-4653-BE5E-A1C4DF459A37.png

1 minute ago, nicstress said:

And Royal says JS are 301/81.

Screenshot_20190915-215634.png

That's a J3/J4 Junior Suite, cruising power has that as a 267/81

BUT, and here's the interesting part. In the more details section of cruising power it's also listed as 301/81. 

HA. Actually, all of the cabins have different values under the description tab. Looks like the description tab lines up with what's on the consumer website, while the info tab has different values.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here’s what the J1’s are listed at.  Unfortunately it’s a standard measurement that is for the majority of cabins in that category.  If there are a few cabins that are a slight deviation they don’t publish those specifically.

67046584-D650-4653-BE5E-A1C4DF459A37.png

Thanks and I appreciate the fast feedback. I am studying the deck plans to determine which cabins to book when we decide. My eyes could be playing trick on me but the J1 on 10, 11 and 12 look very slightly different on the deck plans. Still not a big deal as they are all in a good location. 

Thanks again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland. + It is also the first time this class ship has been constructed at the shipyard with new features and advancements.....

Odyssey is an old well known plan.....

They just bought Turku like last week out of bankruptcy....not up to speed....not German precision (yet)!🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

We have a hold on a Grand Loft for March 2021 and 2 different people from RCI gave a  balcony size of 109sf.  What happens if it is late getting to the US, would they operate like if there was a hurricane.  I guess we would be far enough off the first sailings that our sailing would not be affected??  Not much left for the Star Class hopefuls, I know when we were looking there was not much to be had.

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland. + It is also the first time this class ship has been constructed at the shipyard with new features and advancements.....

Odyssey is an old well known plan.....

They just bought Turku like last week out of bankruptcy....not up to speed....not German precision (yet)!🙄

Wiki says 2014 was when Meyer took over. 🤔

In 2014 the new operator for Turku yard became Meyer Werft under name Meyer Turku.[15] At the beginning the state was joint owner until Meyer Werft bought the rest of the shares.

Edited by John&LaLa

On 9/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Meyer is very well known to deliver early! 👍

They do so many ships that size!

They are a German company and know how to do business and customer satisfaction! 👍😎

Hopefully she'll finish before the Brandenburg airport

• Haha 1