Wow, really Impressed with the responsiveness of Celebrity!

rbrooks418

This past week my wife read on some of the social media boards that Celebrity had decided to remove complimentary movies in the staterooms of all of their ships as of Sept 1.  We sometimes enjoy falling asleep to a movie at night after hitting it hard all day, so this was a disappointment.  She decided to reach out to the company directly and also encouraged others who shared her disappointment to do this same.  She did receive a letter back thanking her for her concerns and for voicing them and that they would monitor the responses.  It appears they really did mean that.

Just this morning she received a letter they have decided to reinstate the movies in the staterooms.  That is truly impressive.  It mattered to enough  people and they listened.  I continue to be impressed with this cruise line.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This is excellent news if you watch movies, I wonder what Celebrity will cut to pay for the movies.  The movies aren't free to Celebrity.

There is a thread that waffle cones were just cut from the gelato stand on Equinox. Someone posted that perhaps the waffle cones are being eliminated to help pay for the movies coming back.🤔

Mary Ann

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm not sure I would use the word "impressed". I would expect any large corporations that depends on its customers goodwill to reverse such an unpopular cutback. Especially when we've already seen a decline in the services and amenities that made (past tense) X stand a bit above the other mass market lines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm pleased that the free movies were reinstated. But Celebrity created the problem in the first place. Then they fixed their own mistake. They shouldn't get hero points for that. But at least they fixed it. Now about the foot stools they removed by mistake...hello..anybody...LLP...are you REALLY listening?

• Like 7

Note to all those who said, basically, "if you don't like the change, deal with it.  Find another cruise line."  Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean that it is not important to other pax.  

This is why we stand up and voice our opinion.  

But yes, I agree. Just because they reversed a stupid decision does not earn kudos in our mind.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

This is why we stand up and voice our opinion.  

But yes, I agree. Just because they reversed a stupid decision does not earn kudos in our mind.

I hope they fired the person who made the decision that angered so many people.

No, wait.  he was put in charge of ice cream on board and the waffle cones were removed to help pay for the movies... that and the removal of prizes from trivia...

Penny wise, pound foolish for those old enough to understand the proverb.

Someone has to pay for those little useless chairs in the retreat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This is excellent news if you watch movies, I wonder what Celebrity will cut to pay for the movies.  The movies aren't free to Celebrity.

Bet it wont be the  ballet either!  That has been very popular among Celebrity's customers, sorry you disagree!

The One touch rep who originally replied to my detailed e mail about the movies,  sent a follow up today about the reversal.  I thanked him and asked him about the footstools for AQ and Concierge,  and a sun lounger for our upcoming EDGE  cruise  with a sunset Veranda!

• Like 1