Is there a Webcam View on Cabin TV's

tring

2 minutes ago, tring said:

Thinking of booking an inside cabin on Sun Princess (or poss another Princess ship).  Can anyone tell me if you can get a view of the outside on cabin TV's so you have an idea of what is out there?

Yes there is (at least on the Princess ships we have been on).

1 minute ago, leck57 said:

Yes there is (at least on the Princess ships we have been on).

Gosh that was a quick reply, thank you very much.  It would be our first Princess Cruise if we go ahead with the booking.

2 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I should have said the view is directly straight ahead so if there is just ocean straight ahead that is all you'll get. The camera doesn't scroll unfortunately.

Thanks,  I see what you mean, but better than nothing.

I usually leave my tv on the front webcam.  When I come back to the room I can see what's in front of the ship.  During the day it's nice; you can't see anything at night; but leaving my tv on when I wake up it's the first thing I see.

Yes on the TV you can get the Bridge Cam, it is from the bridge and the view is straight over the bow. Have been on the Sun many times and used it. 

Here is a link to the Sun Bridge cam  https://www.princess.com/bridgecams/?shipCode=SP 

Also it should be noted on the Sun Princess Deck 11 & Deck 10 you have two open deck  areas that run under the Bridge, most people do not know about them so almost never used. Located at the end of the passenger hallways.  Was on Deck 10 for a sail out from Sydney, while deck 14 was packed deck 10 had only 4 guest using this area.