Club Orange on Nieuw Amsterdam

kstrittm

Good morning, all -

I just got off the NA in a Neptune Suite, and here is what I observed with Club Orange:

-  We still had breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  There is a sign outside the main dining room for Club Orange Priority Seating.  I believe Club Orange guests were provided priority seating at breakfast and dinner.

-  I was in fixed seating on the upper deck of the dining room, so I did not take advantage of the priority seating.  I can only report that I never saw a line downstairs at the CO sign, and I did observe people sitting at tables for 2 and 4.  Perhaps they were CO; not sure.

-  The CO menu has one additional entree each evening.  Otherwise, it matches the regular menu

-  We didn’t tender, so I can’t comment on priority for CO members there

-  No spiffy CO bag was found; just the same blue bag as other guests

-  The only other change I noticed was that there is a CO priority line at Guest Services

-  In summary; Club Orange seemed to be a non-event for my specific itinerary and dining experience

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

What is club orange?

A little reading around the board will find many threads on the topic.

@kstrittm, thanks for the report. We will be in a Neptune on N. Amsterdam in May, so weighing what to take advantage of. Of course, in a Neptune Suite, you get all the benefits of Club Orange, without the additional fee.

2 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

I'm confused about Club Orange as well.

We're sailing on Koningsdam in December in a Neptune Suite so I think we automatically get Club Orange access? What does that mean for dining? Can we bring guests? What other goodies do we get?

From what I understand, only Club Orange members can dine in the separate CO dining room on the Kdam and N. Statendam so no guests allowed. If you are sailing with friends, you would all need CO privileges (either from being in a Neptune suite or purchased seperately) to enjoy the separate dining facilities. Look at the link I provided above for HALs official list of goodies and perks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

From what I understand, only Club Orange members can dine in the separate CO dining room on the Kdam and N. Statendam so no guests allowed. If you are sailing with friends, you would all need CO privileges (either from being in a Neptune suite or purchased seperately) to enjoy the separate dining facilities. Look at the link I provided above for HALs official list of goodies and perks. 

This is correct. No guests, just like PG breakfast for Neptune Suites on other ships. 

CO guests may opt to eat in the MDR. I did that for dinner because as a solo I wanted to be a large table, and CO felt VERY Noah's Ark, two-by-two. I did have breakfast in CO. I think the best part of CO on the Pinnacle ships is the breakfast cooked to order right there. Waffles from griddle to table in under a minute!

3 hours ago, GrammieK said:

We will be on board NA in a Neptune Suite in a few weeks. I will report back with any pertinent info. 

K

Please do!  I haven’t seen anything documenting Club Orange  as a benefit included with a Neptune Suite.  I’m wondering if this changes from ship to ship????  

Also, a Neptune Suite in-suite breakfast includes a mimosa.....is a mimosa included with breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill?

11 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Also, a Neptune Suite in-suite breakfast includes a mimosa.....is a mimosa included with breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill?

That is another debate!  When we were on the NA in April in a Neptune mimosa was included with breakfast at the Pinnacle.  However, when I came back I saw on a thread where on some ships they were charged.   We will be in a Neptune on the Oosterdam in late November for 2 weeks so I’ll ask before I order just to be sure!  

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Please do!  I haven’t seen anything documenting Club Orange  as a benefit included with a Neptune Suite.  I’m wondering if this changes from ship to ship????  

Somewhere on HAL's website it does say that CO is included for Neptune Suites. The upgrade and "special event" are not given to NS, but the rest of it is. 

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

That is another debate!  When we were on the NA in April in a Neptune mimosa was included with breakfast at the Pinnacle.  However, when I came back I saw on a thread where on some ships they were charged.   We will be in a Neptune on the Oosterdam in late November for 2 weeks so I’ll ask before I order just to be sure!  

I'm very curious about the mimosas. I'm on Zuiderdam this winter, so I'll be curious to see what you find out. On the K, they were making mimosas right there. I recall waiting a VERY long time for a mimosa on one of the Vistas because a waiter had to go and fetch it from a bar. If you don't get the mimosa on the Oo, this could be the reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

I’d be curious to know since I will be on a Vista next spring. Hope you will update us.

On both the Prinsendam and the Rotterdam they were not complimentary.

We have a lot of sea days so I could be tempted one morning 😉 

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’d be curious to know since I will be on a Vista next spring. Hope you will update us.

On both the Prinsendam and the Rotterdam they were not complimentary.

We have a lot of sea days so I could be tempted one morning 😉 

That was probably where I saw that the mimosa wasn’t included-bizarre really.  I’ll try to remember to update but we don’t get home until December 14 late.   Although we do get wifi included so I’ll try to update (memory isn’t what it used to be!!) when in the ship.  I’m sure we will go for breakfast the next morning at the Pinnacle.  

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

That was probably where I saw that the mimosa wasn’t included-bizarre really.  I’ll try to remember to update but we don’t get home until December 14 late.   Although we do get wifi included so I’ll try to update (memory isn’t what it used to be!!) when in the ship.  I’m sure we will go for breakfast the next morning at the Pinnacle.  

Hope it works out for you 🙂 

Worst case scenario (the thought just hit me) is to take the stuff they give us to the PG and ask them to chill it and bring it each morning to make mimosas.  LOL.

• Like 2

Just now, kazu said:

Hope it works out for you 🙂 

Worst case scenario (the thought just hit me) is to take the stuff they give us to the PG and ask them to chill it and bring it each morning to make mimosas.  LOL.

What I don’t understand is if we get it included in room service it should be at the Pinnacle too.

I’ve written a note to myself to let CC know what happens on the Oosterdam.  I had forgotten suites get the wifi included so that will come in handy.   

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

What I don’t understand is if we get it included in room service it should be at the Pinnacle too.

It’s never made sense to me, either.

We only do room service on a very early port day and that is definitely not the day for a mimosa 😉 

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I haven’t seen anything documenting Club Orange  as a benefit included with a Neptune Suite.  I’m wondering if this changes from ship to ship????  

Found it on HAL website news on September 11, 2019.........Neptune Suites will be included in Club Orange. ...AND Club Orange to be on all ships by October 2019.   

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

I’ve written a note to myself to let CC know what happens on the Oosterdam.  I had forgotten suites get the wifi included so that will come in handy.   

Suites have never had wifi included, in our dozen HAL cruises, all in Suites.

27 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I have never heard of that either; maybe canadianbear got it as an included perk, like on the Explore 4 currently running (suites get free premium internet).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I know, we’ve 98% had suites over the years with only once before having internet included.   When  I booked our Neptune for our upcoming cruise it was during one of the promos for gratuities & internet included for suites.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The latest promo - Explore4 (the one with no SBP but OBC instead) includes internet for suites for both people 😄