Does the Neptune Lounge have a bar

Mj17ak

We just received an upgrade offer to a Pinnacle or Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam in October and decided on the Neptune suite.  Does anyone know if you can get alcoholic drinks in the Neptune Lounge on the Rotterdam?  I have not been able to find any reference to a bar in HA’s literature or on CC.

Thanks.

We only booked a NS one time, but during that cruise, the only thing resembling alcohol in the NL was wine, either white or red.  I never saw any hard liquor nor was hard liquor offered.  Perhaps other CCers who regularly cruise in this category cabin will chime in to let us know if I have given you incorrect information.

You'll love the suite.  Prepare to be spoiled and pampered.  We totally enjoyed the NL, more for the other passengers we met than for the tidbits/coffee etc. that's offered daily.  The concierges also worked hard to provide the best service and to address the few problems we had during that cruise.  It was h-a-r-d going back to lower categories.  Enjoy!   😁

10 minutes ago, Mj17ak said:

We just received an upgrade offer to a Pinnacle or Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam in October and decided on the Neptune suite.  Does anyone know if you can get alcoholic drinks in the Neptune Lounge on the Rotterdam?  I have not been able to find any reference to a bar in HA’s literature or on CC.

Thanks.

There is a no host honor bar with a few selected liquors and wines. It’s not free and is usually available from late afternoon to closing. It’s been offered for the last three to four years.

It’s definitely not a bar scene and in my experience have not seen it very utilized.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1

We've used it often. Just sign the slip that is left on the counter. We have never been charged, but we've always had the drink package. 

Youre really gonna enjoy that Neptune suite. Just curious, was the upsell to pinnacle a lot more $$$$?

Yes, the bar service is there.

It’s self serve and you sign (and pay) for the drinks.

There’s a selection of liquors and wines and beers and pop/soda.

Usually, it’s rolled into the Neptune Lounge around 11 am or noon and stays there until closing (around 8 pm IIRC).

Some use it, some don’t.

But, it’s definitely there and handy if you want to have a drink while you are preparing or relaxing.  enjoy your Neptune Suite.  They are spacious and make for a nice space to enjoy your cruise 😄 

34 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes, the bar service is there.

It’s self serve and you sign (and pay) for the drinks.

There’s a selection of liquors and wines and beers and pop/soda.

Usually, it’s rolled into the Neptune Lounge around 11 am or noon and stays there until closing (around 8 pm IIRC).

Some use it, some don’t.

But, it’s definitely there and handy if you want to have a drink while you are preparing or relaxing.  enjoy your Neptune Suite.  They are spacious and make for a nice space to enjoy your cruise 😄 

If one has a beverage package that includes water and soft drinks, can one pick up a few cans of Diet Coke and perhaps a bottle of sparkling water to bring back to one's suite?

(I'm - obviously - not yet sure how having that "package" works.)

Thanks.

GC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mj17ak said:

Thanks.

Honor bar in the Neptune Lounge:

image.png.ce4371f8b968f9ea7fcb4bff79a012a9.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

If one has a beverage package that includes water and soft drinks, can one pick up a few cans of Diet Coke and perhaps a bottle of sparkling water to bring back to one's suite?

I wish it worked like that.

On the Westerdam during an Alaska itinerary, Neptune Lounge beverage choices were:

Cranberry Juice, water, iced tea with very small glasses underneath.  

image.png.779df09a3330e03c5dda034e18a39d60.png

Hot teas

image.png.efa07add13bda282722965be7ecc71a0.png

image.png.f1765b2f076c1d60fac9ad401aa6b66c.png

image.png.f9fa890018ad6fd31e5606767fe40ee8.png

I did not see sodas.

A couple other pics

image.png.1cdc26826bd10e6ed6b91bb8820c52ae.png

Breakfast:  Loved the tiny cottage cheese with cinnamon  and the poppyseed pastry.

Did not like as much the croissant so didn't eat it.

image.png.da6ec9623749774df3f373b23fd7d61c.png

image.png.67525bb054214750ec3b42ce1ce2e359.png

image.png.eca3bd066a744b12e55a5db74fe09016.png

The big downside that's not obvious from the pictures is for the iced beverages, those glasses you see underneath were really small; maybe 6oz.  So if you're just back from a day of excursions and thirsty,  you'll need to get multiple glasses.  Add 1 small plate and that's a lot to balance + your keycard when entering your stateroom.

I really wished I had brought my 20oz Yeti on this cruise.  Would have been much more convenient to fill that (Yes, i know, not directly from the spigot.) 

So my Plan B became:   When really thirsty upon returning from a day of excursions, after I ran out of the lemon-lime sparkling water I brought on board, I would simply order 2 room service iced tea with lemon on the side.   The room service iced tea is served in normal, meal-size glasses, not the tiny-glasses in the Neptune Suite.

image.png.1ab3cbde7156b77a882108032768c441.png

The design assumption of the Neptune Lounge is probably that the guest will stay there to enjoy the snack or drink. It certainly is well appointed enough to do that, and meet up with other couples and eat at the beautiful table.

I once stayed to talk with a couple.  However, I left with them, since 

1) the TV was on... I could feel  myself getting out of my 'Zen' mental state as I was overhearing the news.

2) You can not see the beautiful outdoors from the Neptune Lounge.  I quickly missed my balcony! 

I posted other Neptune Lounge pics here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2696705-finding-zen-in-alaska-on-the-westerdam/?tab=comments#comment-58384852

in my Westerdam Alaska review.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

(I'm - obviously - not yet sure how having that "package" works.)

Thanks.

GC

Theoretically no as the drinks have to be at a regular bar with the computer.

That being said, I have heard some people were able to use their Signature Package at times for the bar.  Your best bet would be to ask your concierge if you can take use your beverage package at the Neptune Lounge self serve bar.

We used the Honor's Bar a couple of times on the Westerdam in 2016.  The concierge was kind of nice to make our drinks for us.  They were charged to our shipboard account.

There was a sign up indicating that the Signature Beverage Package could not be used at this bar (there wasn't an elite package at that time).

enhance

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We used the Honor's Bar a couple of times on the Westerdam in 2016.  

There was a sign up indicating that the Signature Beverage Package could not be used at this bar (there wasn't an elite package at that time).

enhance

That note on the not being able to use the Signature Beverage Package was not on our signage in the Neptune Lounge on our cruise in 2019.  We didn’t have the SBP so I didn’t ask but another CC friend did have it and stated they weren’t charged.  So, it’s worth checking with the concierge on board, at least. Things can change in 3 years 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Theoretically no as the drinks have to be at a regular bar with the computer.

That being said, I have heard some people were able to use their Signature Package at times for the bar.  Your best bet would be to ask your concierge if you can take use your beverage package at the Neptune Lounge self serve bar.

Thanks.

I'm only asking about soft drinks here (in particular Diet Coke and sparkling water), and the "menu" shown makes it clear that those *are* charged if taken from the honor bar in the Neptune Lounge.

So where/how do we get supplies of cans of Diet Coke and bottles of sparkling water to keep in our suite?

If we've got a beverage package (soft drinks version), we'd get several cans from any bar?

Also, do they have bottles of San Pellegrino?

Many thanks!

GC

1 minute ago, GeezerCouple said:

Thanks.

I'm only asking about soft drinks here (in particular Diet Coke and sparkling water), and the "menu" shown makes it clear that those *are* charged if taken from the honor bar in the Neptune Lounge.

So where/how do we get supplies of cans of Diet Coke and bottles of sparkling water to keep in our suite?

If we've got a beverage package (soft drinks version), we'd get several cans from any bar?

Also, do they have bottles of San Pellegrino?

Many thanks!

GC

Remember that “menu” shown is from 3 years ago 😉 

You can get your soft drinks from any bar - no problem. 

Last time I was on HAL (April/May 2019), they carried San Pelligrino.

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Remember that “menu” shown is from 3 years ago 😉 

You can get your soft drinks from any bar - no problem. 

Last time I was on HAL (April/May 2019), they carried San Pelligrino.

Thanks again!

And just to be clear (sorry if I'm dense, but best to clarify before deciding about a beverage package or "per drink"), we can get a few bottles of San Pellegrino to keep in our suite, and open whenever we need more?

Each cruise line handles these things so differently.  (And ditto hotels!)

[And then there are the lines/hotels that *only* carry Pepsi products" so.... grrrr...!]

:classic_smile:

GC

23 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

And just to be clear (sorry if I'm dense, but best to clarify before deciding about a beverage package or "per drink"), we can get a few bottles of San Pellegrino to keep in our suite, and open whenever we need more?

Definitely yes you can.  But....

You may find a complimentary bottle in your cabin and some ships have been known to give additional complimentary water to Neptune Suites (not all and it’s not a technical amenity but it has happened).

Also, do check to see if your package covers the large bottles.

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Definitely yes you can.  But....

You may find a complimentary bottle in your cabin and some ships have been known to give additional complimentary water to Neptune Suites (not all and it’s not a technical amenity but it has happened).

Also, do check to see if your package covers the large bottles.

Do they also have the smaller bottles of San Pellegrino?  Those would be quite fine... actually better!

(We especially do *not* want to have to get either beverage as "soda fountain" style, out of a nozzle, to carry back in open glasses...)

And how would we find out in advance about what is/is not covered (e.g., bottles of San Pellegrino)?

It would definitely affect whether we get a package or not.

Thank you again.

GC

17 hours ago, GrammieK said:

We've used it often. Just sign the slip that is left on the counter. We have never been charged, but we've always had the drink package. 

Youre really gonna enjoy that Neptune suite. Just curious, was the upsell to pinnacle a lot more $$$$?

Thanks for the info, GrammieK.  Looking forward to staying in the Neptune suite.  We gave up a Vista suite.  The upsell to the Pinnacle suite was 3 times more than the upsell to the Neptune. 

3 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Do they also have the smaller bottles of San Pellegrino?  Those would be quite fine... actually better!

(We especially do *not* want to have to get either beverage as "soda fountain" style, out of a nozzle, to carry back in open glasses...)

And how would we find out in advance about what is/is not covered (e.g., bottles of San Pellegrino)?

It would definitely affect whether we get a package or not.

Thank you again.

GC

I’m assuming you’re looking at getting the Quench package?

The description states 330 ml of sparkling water.

From the beverages section for booking for my cruise:

A1A78C3B-3750-4EBE-A9D4-83E251A7AE16.thumb.png.361e18ba2dff0cd1af1d77392ae9f3b4.png

It might be worth doing some math.  You may find you don’t need the package and can just buy as you need it charging to your on board account.  Soda and water is not that expensive IMO.

You can always bring on soda or water in ports if you are so inclined, as well.

On 9/28/2019 at 6:20 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Items available at the Honor's Bar -- which can vary by ship:

enhance

enhance

And prices are higher now.

One would think they could discount the drinks?  IMO, they are penny wise, pound foolish.🙄

One could at least give oneself a healthy pour at least.😉

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 1

We got water bottles and sodas in our Neptune Suite and in the Lounge as part of the Neptune amenities. The Neptune lounge had an honor bar at the beginning of the Grand Asia and Pacific Voyage on the MS Amsterdam. It was removed because someone abused it.