WAs "Make it with Michaels" offered on your last cruise?

marshhawk

29 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

could someone please explain exactly what this is?

TIA

It is arts and crafts sponsored by Michael’s and run by the fun squad. We had three different crafts (one for each sea day). First were cabin door decorations, second was a art competition about the ship, and the third was cards. 

42911286-A8FD-4DC8-90B4-CA07E82234F6.jpeg

7246965F-5007-42C2-8267-846CBF41F01C.jpeg

193AB114-04B9-4E7E-A16F-5EE8AE182124.jpeg

38 minutes ago, dctravel said:

It is arts and crafts sponsored by Michael’s and run by the fun squad. We had three different crafts (one for each sea day). First were cabin door decorations, second was a art competition about the ship, and the third was cards. 

42911286-A8FD-4DC8-90B4-CA07E82234F6.jpeg

7246965F-5007-42C2-8267-846CBF41F01C.jpeg

193AB114-04B9-4E7E-A16F-5EE8AE182124.jpeg

Thank you for the response. I was wondering if they did some scrapbooking which doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

On the 18 seas days recently on the Splendor to Singapore, it sure was. The first sea day we got journals. Sea days after ports were usually just for writing in them, but you could add stamps and other things. Once word got out, the additional sea days got really busy for the other crafts, and people lined up 1/2 hour before they opened the doors. I think my fave was the seashell frame. They usually had crafts at 0900 and 1100.

On the last sea day, it was everything has to go. I picked up several stamps for the grandkids (ok, and maybe a couple for me).

Edited by crzndeb

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, marshhawk said:

We cruised in April and really enjoyed the Make it with Michaels.  Was it still offered on your last cruise.  I am looking forward to participating again.

We had it on our Journeys cruise on the Pride this month.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, DryCreek said:

So I take it that this event is geared more towards youth?

My wife is into crafts and stuff.  I have to endure a spin through Michaels or Hobby Lobby every now and then. 

It is for whoever wants to participate.  Kids or adults.  

We just were on the Imagination and they had it on the Sea Day there. Ours was wooden coasters, and then you could stamp an image onto the coaster, and color it with markers. They provided either felts or you could put magnets on the back instead.  If you have that available, make sure you wait to use it as a coaster until after you get home and seal the surface with some clear sealant first. Otherwise the ink will bleed everywhere. The staff member running it told us that, but obviously they can't provide spray shellac on a cruise ship to use. We thought it was fun and there was a big range of ages participating. 

• Like 1