Tea Bags on board.

When I find a tea on board that I like I let my dining room waiter know and they'll make sure to have it for me each night.  I find the fancy flavored teas not to my liking.  Prefer a black tea, but not Earl Grey.  I also have a baggie in my bag with tea bags.

Edited by njkruzer
Left out a word.
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, kidless said:

Was just going to say that I’ve never heard of fields & selects........you’ve said all I need to know! Definitely bringing my own! 

Not a fan of Fields and Selects...was happy when ships started to replace that brand with The London Tea Company.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome.

Hi Graham!  Thanks for updating the tea situation!  I love the London Tea Company London Breakfast!  Hope to find it again once we start our cruising season up again in December.  🙂 

Totally off track...but in another thread you asked about my cat Katie (I had changed my avatar picture), but could not answer as that thread was closed down.  Sadly, I lost my sweet girl of 16 years.  The demon cancer took her from me.  Lost her last March, and still crying at times.  😞 

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi Graham!  Thanks for updating the tea situation!  I love the London Tea Company London Breakfast!  Hope to find it again once we start our cruising season up again in December.  🙂 

Totally off track...but in another thread you asked about my cat Katie (I had changed my avatar picture), but could not answer as that thread was closed down.  Sadly, I lost my sweet girl of 16 years.  The demon cancer took her from me.  Lost her last March, and still crying at times.  😞 

Oh Pat.

I am so so sorry to hear about Katie.

Best wishes always to you and Bucky from Pauline and I.

• Like 1

Thank you for all that tea information. I will probably bring my own bags...I've grown to love Wild Berry Hibiscus from Mighty Leaf.....but I might try a few of what you were showing, if I find them. I'm on Explorer in Dec. 

To Island Lady...so sorry about Katie. I know the pain of loss.  I lost my first cat in 2003.....and some days..there are still tears.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Thank you for all that tea information. I will probably bring my own bags...I've grown to love Wild Berry Hibiscus from Mighty Leaf.....but I might try a few of what you were showing, if I find them. I'm on Explorer in Dec. 

To Island Lady...so sorry about Katie. I know the pain of loss.  I lost my first cat in 2003.....and some days..there are still tears.

Thanks...they do leave paw prints on our hearts don't they?  Unconditional love.  

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 4:57 AM, maxcat910 said:

Thanks for the helpful info as we will be on explorer in December.  I like mint so glad to know I can find it.

Hot chocolate satchets have been readily available all over the ship.

IMG_20191009_141910.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Ovation of the Seas has tea bags? I've only cruised other cruise lines before, and Carnival had Lipton and that was it. Which was fine, but I love Earl Grey/Lady Grey. I keep forgetting to pack a box in my luggage when we go on cruises, so I'm just curious if anyone knows what the ship has available? Is it the same as what is posted on here? 

25 minutes ago, CallistaSkye said:

Does anyone know if Ovation of the Seas has tea bags?

Every ship has tea but the exact brand varies sometimes (though I've seen this London Tea Company on Ovation)- if you have a favorite, bring it with you.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, CallistaSkye said:

Does anyone know if Ovation of the Seas has tea bags? I've only cruised other cruise lines before, and Carnival had Lipton and that was it. Which was fine, but I love Earl Grey/Lady Grey. I keep forgetting to pack a box in my luggage when we go on cruises, so I'm just curious if anyone knows what the ship has available? Is it the same as what is posted on here? 

We have been on every RC ship class except for Ovation but every ship has had a great selection of teas in DL,CL, windjammer,cafe promenade and Park cafe.

Earl Grey is my favourite and there are 2 makes on board now on Explorer.

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I’ve found your post after searching tea! This is our first ever cruise and as I’m not a drinker, I assumed there would be some sort of package for tea and/or water drinkers only? I’m also a decaf tea drinker so should I just take my own tea bags?  I can only find the package that talks about juice etc at breakfast. Is that not included in the breakfast anyway? I wonder if I’m looking in the right place or their website. Any ideas? 

Edited by Familyofjust3

10 minutes ago, Familyofjust3 said:

Hello, I’ve found your post after searching tea! This is our first ever cruise and as I’m not a drinker, I assumed there would be some sort of package for tea and/or water drinkers only? I’m also a decaf tea drinker so should I just take my own tea bags?  I can only find the package that talks about juice etc at breakfast. Is that not included in the breakfast anyway? I wonder if I’m looking in the right place or their website. Any ideas? 

Tea and coffee are available free of charge 24/7 in the Windjammer buffet. All types of tea as people have posted here, but if you have a favourite, pop some in your suitcase. Juice is available at breakfast, free of charge, they charge for "freshly squeezed", we're OK with the free stuff. There's also packets of hot chocolate mix available where the tea bags are. Water is free 24/7 unless you prefer the bottled stuff, DH won't drink that on principle, tap water all the way, I'm fine with tap too. Hope this helps. Sure others will add more info for you. 

Happy cruising 😊

• Like 1

I thought I’d share a story about my tea bag experience. One morning in the windjammer I couldn’t find any of the lemon/ginger flavor. I asked a crew member, who replied they were out of that flavor. No problem, picked another. About 15 minutes later this crew member found us in this very crowed room. With a big smile he explains how he remembered seeing lemon teabags in the crew dining room that morning. He handed me five teabags, one for each remaining morning of our cruise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bayonne said:

I thought I’d share a story about my tea bag experience. One morning in the windjammer I couldn’t find any of the lemon/ginger flavor. I asked a crew member, who replied they were out of that flavor. No problem, picked another. About 15 minutes later this crew member found us in this very crowed room. With a big smile he explains how he remembered seeing lemon teabags in the crew dining room that morning. He handed me five teabags, one for each remaining morning of our cruise.

That was nice of the crew member.

We were on Explorer out of New York in January 2008 and at the time I was drinking Guinness beer but they only stocked the regular strength.

One of the waiters got me the stronger 7+% Guinness from the crew bar several times during our cruise.

Not a big tea drinker but after a full dinner I can do with a pot of mint tea. Last two sailings none was to be had anywhere on board though on the Serenade the waiter for my table got some fresh mint from the kitchen each night so that I could brew my own.