Shareholder OBC

Micahs Grandad

This week the guy I book my cruises with (works for carnival) gave me the fax # to use as he isn't allowed to grant them anymore. I faxed over the proof and like 48 hours later I got a email saying it was approved. I was worried at first, but It was a very easy process. I even get another email with the booking showing the OBC on it. I was told it needs to be 30 days within the booking to grant it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, amyotravel said:

"I was told it needs to be 30 days within the booking to grant it."

uh... I certainly hope not.

You have to submit it no later than three weeks out, according to their 2019-2020 shareholder benefit info page.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:02 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

How many months in advance can I request the Shareholder OBC ?  I have three cruises booked in 2020 -- May, June, and September.

Can I request the OBC for each of the three cruises in the same request ?

Anyone... ? Anyone... ?  Anyone... ?  Bueller... ?

I have received OBC for multiple cruises using the same email message. 

Relative to your cruises, I would think they would grant the OBC for the May and June cruises, but not the September cruise.  This is because the Carnival Board of Directors votes on renewing the Stock Ownership program annually...and to the best of my knowledge, the program has only been approved to run through June 30 of this year.

I think this is just a formality though as the board seems to renew the program every year.

Bottom Line: You should be able to get OBC for the first two cruises, but will have to wait until the board votes on extending the program before getting OBC for the third cruise.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Well... just emailed mine in.  Will see what happens.

The information sheet on it says it's available for cruises through July 31, 2020. I don't know if that means they WON'T add in a credit yet for sailing dates later than that. I imagine they have that date just in case they ever want to make changes to the benefits. (perhaps you can report back on what you find out here!)

Edited by gdisney

27 minutes ago, gdisney said:

The information sheet on it says it's available for cruises through July 31, 2020. I don't know if that means they WON'T add in a credit yet for sailing dates later than that. I imagine they have that date just in case they ever want to make changes to the benefits. (perhaps you can report back on what you find out here!)

The information sheet is alluding to what I TRIED, but failed, to communicate in my previous message.  I previously put the date as 6/30, but apparently, it is 7/31/2020....and based on my previous experience, they won't give credit past the 7/31 date until the Board of Directors review the program and decide to renew it for another year.

Like Venture Man will probably have to do, I'm waiting for the Shareholder Program renewal so I can submit several of my cruises for the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021.  I previously tried to sneak in my Hawaii cruise which sails in September 2020, but they shot me down and told me I had to wait.

Garnett

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

The information sheet is alluding to what I TRIED, but failed, to communicate in my previous message.  I previously put the date as 6/30, but apparently, it is 7/31/2020....and based on my previous experience, they won't give credit past the 7/31 date until the Board of Directors review the program and decide to renew it for another year.

Like Venture Man will probably have to do, I'm waiting for the Shareholder Program renewal so I can submit several of my cruises for the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021.  I previously tried to sneak in my Hawaii cruise which sails in September 2020, but they shot me down and told me I had to wait.

Garnett

I totally missed your previous post. Thanks!

Yeah... I thought I read another poster saying they got their December 2020 Shareholder OBC.

I'll report back the results -- see if they provide a OBC for the September 2020 sailing.

My interpretation was what Garnet posted... that I would have to wait for the Board renewal of the program.  But I also read others posting they received OBC anyway after the July 21 program date, which is why I bothered to ask.

I thank you... and Bueller thanks you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Yeah... I thought I read another poster saying they got their December 2020 Shareholder OBC.

I'll report back the results -- see if they provide a OBC for the September 2020 sailing.

My interpretation was what Garnet posted... that I would have to wait for the Board renewal of the program.  But I also read others posting they received OBC anyway after the July 21 program date, which is why I bothered to ask.

I thank you... and Bueller thanks you. 

We got ours for a July 25 cruise, but it was for Princess which might be different. Princess used to let you book excursions pre-cruise and not be charged until onboard. There were a lot of protests when that was taken away. They responded by allowing you to use OBC pre-cruise to book excursions. I do not think any other line does that.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

We got ours for a July 25 cruise, but it was for Princess which might be different. Princess used to let you book excursions pre-cruise and not be charged until onboard. There were a lot of protests when that was taken away. They responded by allowing you to use OBC pre-cruise to book excursions. I do not think any other line does that.

I actually used some of my Celebrity OBC to book excursions on my cruise with them about 2 years ago.  It was deal OBC rather than shareholder OBC, so there may have been a difference there.

I received a reply back.  They credited OBC's for my two cruises through July 31 2020.  However, they did not for my September cruise.  I need to re-apply after Carnival's Board re-approves the Shareholder OBC in their April shareholders meeting.  Below is copied from the email I received back:

The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through (07/31/2020). In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation, you will need to submit a current statement after 04/30/2020 when the new shareholder benefits are released.

45 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I received a reply back.  They credited OBC's for my two cruises through July 31 2020.  However, they did not for my September cruise.  I need to re-apply after Carnival's Board re-approves the Shareholder OBC in their April shareholders meeting.  Below is copied from the email I received back:

The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through (07/31/2020). In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation, you will need to submit a current statement after 04/30/2020 when the new shareholder benefits are released.

That's interesting. I guess I got lucky....twice. I also had my OBC approved for the my 8/25/19 Glory cruise before it was extended.