Brits rebel on Norwegian Spirit

I bet the Captain of Norweigan Spirit  would have liked a change in itinerary to Pitcairn Island or Norfolk Island to drop off a few of the more rebellious passengers, like ye olden days.

14 hours ago, brian1 said:

That's an exaguration,cat 5 is the strength that destroyed New Orleans.When they reach European Atlantic waters they become storms.We did a similar itinerary recently.We sailed from Orkney in the remnants of another hurricane,cicumnavigated Iceland with 3 ports and 2 sea days back to Dublin in a storm force 10.The Captain ducked behind the Isle of Lewis and was only 3 hrs late for Dublin.The NCL Captain must have been a wuss,ours was a Pom,lol.

Rule Britannia Brian, England 'rules the waves' and all that.

• Like 1

Ha of all crises have missed at least one port, my view is, If the captain doesn’t want to go there nor do I”

Sure sometimes it’s a disappointment, sometimes it is inconvenient, sometimes it can cost, things you booked that are non refundable (a risk you take) or ship to shore phone call to change plans. But that’s a risk you take when you cruise.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

But here there were 5? original ports missed. Pretty exceptional circumstances.

Granted that so many ports missed deserve better compensation.  Just don't see how that can be done now its under the media spotlight and the reason its there is mob mentality.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Ha of all crises have missed at least one port, my view is, If the captain doesn’t want to go there nor do I”

Sure sometimes it’s a disappointment, sometimes it is inconvenient, sometimes it can cost, things you booked that are non refundable (a risk you take) or ship to shore phone call to change plans. But that’s a risk you take when you cruise.

When we did circumnavigation of Australia on Sun Princess in 2009, we missed 4 ports because of rough seas preventing tendering.  No compo was offered or sought, not by us anyway.  These Norweigan Spirit pax are going off half cocked and behaving like prima donnas.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Take your 10 quid, invest it in Liverpool to win, reinvest each week, and we can expect to see you here soon.

Is that a diplomatic way of saying you don't want me.Like to see  Liverpool win this season.They were lucky last week against Leicester.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Is that a diplomatic way of saying you don't want me.Like to see  Liverpool win this season.They were lucky last week against Leicester.

It is my way of saying it is not to late to start following Liverpool.😋

I am hoping the luck continues as they will need it.

• Like 1

Couple of years back on the solstice we missed dunedin and fjordland due to a ensuing cyclone heading to tge south island of nz. I think we received $30.00 bucks pp for missing these ports. 25%is pretty good if you ask me. Ps. By the way I'm glad we outrun that cyclone at the time as tge weather wasnt going to be pretty if we had stayed.

1 hour ago, portcbob said:

Couple of years back on the solstice we missed dunedin and fjordland due to a ensuing cyclone heading to tge south island of nz. I think we received $30.00 bucks pp for missing these ports. 25%is pretty good if you ask me. Ps. By the way I'm glad we outrun that cyclone at the time as tge weather wasnt going to be pretty if we had stayed.

And the ride would have been much more uncomfortable.

On Sun Princess Oz Circumnavigation in 2017 we missed Broome "due to tides" ?? We were refunded as OBC a small amount for port fees, maybe $20, and all passengers received a $100 refund as OBC. We weren't out any money for the missed port, but we would rather have had the port visit.

The passengers requesting a full refund on Norwegian Spirit must be joking. What, they didn't get to eat anything, or have any entertainment etc?????

20 hours ago, brian1 said:

If I give one of you guys 10 quid,will you bring me over.

I recently discovered that my wife's father and uncle paid 10 quid to go to Canada in 1923. By 1929 they'd had enough and came to Oz.

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I recently discovered that my wife's father and uncle paid 10 quid to go to Canada in 1923. By 1929 they'd had enough and came to Oz.

Wow,I was just thinking of the 10 quid Poms in the 50s.I wonder,with inflation,what 10 quid in 1929 is worth now.After Brexit probably 10 quid,lol.

18 hours ago, brian1 said:

Wow,I was just thinking of the 10 quid Poms in the 50s.I wonder,with inflation,what 10 quid in 1929 is worth now.After Brexit probably 10 quid,lol.

Depending what index you rely on, between about £150 and £200

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Depending what index you rely on, between about £150 and £200

I am of the opinion the 10 pound assisted passage scheme kicked off in the 1950's and went until 1980's. Australian and UK Governments split the bill.   If you did not stay 2 years to had to pay back the full freight, which was well in excess of a tenner.  I thought it was only a UK/Aus scheme, not Canada.