Chef’s table attire

• Clarea changed the title to Chef’s table attire
13 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

Thank you all very much. We didn’t bring anything near formal, but we do have very nice casual clothes. I’m going to book it for tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it was. 

Ask for a discount when you book it. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

We were on Enchantment. It was boarding day. We hadn’t received our luggage yet. It was nearing dinner time and as we were entering the WJ, in shorts and uncollared shirts, crew offered us BOGO to Chefs Table. I mentioned we were in shorts. We were told it didn’t matter so we took the BOGO offer. I would say half the couples were dressed up and the other half not. We have participated in Chef’s table at least 8 times. Except for the one time, I have worn slacks and a collared shirt. I don’t pack a suit any longer. We used to pack two suitcases but now we have it down to one. On short cruises, we only bring two carry on with us. 

• Like 1

FWIW,  we always select the formal night for when we do chefs table just for the fact that we do like to dress up. In my mind it increases the change of others dressing the same way kinda and making it feel (to us) more elegant, after all mindset makes stuff taste better :). It to me also decreases the chance of us being overdressed comparatively and possibly making it ackward. Either way I dont really care how you look, if you act like a adult human being with good manners theres no judgment from here how your dressed. On the other hand if your a narcissistic child your gonna be judged accordingly. 

Edited by firstsgtsteiner
  • Thanks 1

Well we broke down and attended Chefs Table last evening. What confused me about attire is that Enchantment no longer has a formal night, it’s now called dress your best. But the Royal app says Chefs Table attire is formal. Leave to royal IT to confuse people. I wore nice slacks and a button down shirt and we fit right in. I must say that it was the best meal I’ve ever had, let alone on cruise ship. Since my wife and I do not drink wine we got the meal at a reduced price. They also substituted our preferred cocktails, so that was a plus. I think it’s safe to say we will be attending Chefs Table in the future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firstsgtsteiner said:

FWIW,  we always select the formal night for when we do chefs table just for the fact that we do like to dress up. In my mind it increases the change of others dressing the same way kinda and making it feel (to us) more elegant, after all mindset makes stuff taste better :). It to me also decreases the chance of us being overdressed comparatively and possibly making it ackward. Either way I dont really care how you look, if you act like a adult human being with good manners theres no judgment from here how your dressed. On the other hand if your a narcissistic child your gonna be judged accordingly. 

We try not to act like Jake and Elwood at Chez Paul😎