something you quite enjoy about your cruise vacation...

Out of Iowa

I love this thread. Thanks OP. I agree with everything others are saying, except I usually don't get a balcony. Substitute any open deck for balcony and that's me.I guess what I enjoy most, though, is being catered to and made to feel special - like the spoiled 64 year old child that I am.

• Like 3

Not getting the bill after a meal is a really good one. 🙂

Something I never, ever do at home:  

Ice cream after breakfast ...

Ice cream after lunch ...

Ice cream after snack ...

Ice cream after dinner ...

Ice cream before bed ...

At least not all in the same day.  Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, christyran1228 said:

Not getting the bill after a meal is a really good one. 🙂

Something I never, ever do at home:  

Ice cream after breakfast ...

Ice cream after lunch ...

Ice cream after snack ...

Ice cream after dinner ...

Ice cream before bed ...

At least not all in the same day.  Lol

Ice Cream every time I walk by!

• Like 3

Well I would agree with almost everything above, but the two main things that stand out to me are spending quality time with my hubby of almost 40 years,  we will be celebrating this on our next cruise, also being so removed from the rest of the world  that I rarely think about work.

• Like 4

I was on a princess Alaskan cruise a year ago my wife and arrived about 10 minutes early to the evening show, the venue was already near capacity and the entire lower and middle levels were batting around 20 or so balloons. What fun!

Never seen that before in my many cruises.

• Like 1

Definitely being UNPLUGGED! We'll check in when we go to an island and get on WiFi, but that's it!! All of the above too! We just love being on or near the ocean the entire time! Meeting new people from all over is fun too!!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, ray98 said:

Yup....included food is top of the list for me.  If we go to a basic mainstream steakhouse the bill is still probably $60 with tip.  

I had to read twice when I saw $60 mainstream steakhouse with tip, then I saw Georgia! Lucky you! Mainstream steakhouse here in NY with average tip costs us around $120 easy with 1 drink a piece! Man oh man, I can't wait till we retire and head south!

I enjoy most everything already mentioned.
BUT, what I enjoy most is visiting different ports.

It's like a new adventure every time.

Just wish I could get the wife to do less shopping and more exploring.🙂

So many things to love. When traveling with my teenagers, included food is a big deal! 

I LOVE having our cabin serviced twice a day. In the morning for straightening up, new towels etc and in the evening .i love coming back to soft lighting and the bed turned down.

I love the ocean especially when you get south and the gorgeous colors emerge. 

I love doing whatever strikes trikes my fancy on sea days and I love exploring new places when I’m in port.

• Like 5

Unplugging. It is wonderful to just live in the moment. We turn on airplane mode the moment we step on the ship and don't turn it off until we deboard.

It makes me sad that cruise ships are now offering wifi packages. We  have enjoyed having an entire week in an environment where people were interacting with people who were actually present.

Edited by trummy
  • Like 4

For me (and I'm probably in the minority on this one), I really enjoy the aspect of getting all dolled up for dinner each night. We don't have much occasion any more to get dressed up like that at home so I love doing it every night on a cruise. And that also means I get to see my normally jeans and t-shirt loving hubby dressed up in a suit and tie - so that's a bonus right there! 🙂

We also love getting to explore the port cities and ports of call and always try to find some local cuisine. Eating at Scotchies in Jamaica, The Columbia in Tampa and a little diner in San Juan were all highlights of our various trips. 

• Like 4