Dress Code

10XCruiser

Just got off the Reflection and there really isn't a dress code that is enforced at all. On evening chic nights we shared a table with a couple in yoga pants and hoodie (her), and jeans and collarless T-shirt (him). They were not the most dressed down in the MDR that night. We were in sparkly top and dress pants (me), and dress shirt and tie (husband). I'm certainly not going to say anything about it to them, and no one else is ready to either, I guess. They were a pleasant couple and we had an enjoyable dinner. It's a new normal, and it has changed very quickly since I started cruising. I'm getting used to it, and I will continue to dress as I please, as will everyone. I believe the code has become a suggestion only, and I guess I am OK with that. 

• Thanks 1

I'm booked on Celebrity Edge for a 7 night cruise and would like to know if not wearing a suit and tie for the "chic" evening dinner will be an issue?

As I'm flying from the UK, I don't really want the hassle of carrying a suit with me. I hope I don't get denied access to the MDR wearing just a shirt and trousers?!

8 minutes ago, zltm089 said:

As I'm flying from the UK, I don't really want the hassle of carrying a suit with me. I hope I don't get denied access to the MDR wearing just a shirt and trousers?!

The dress code seems pretty clear, shouldn't be a problem ...

---------------------------------------------

"Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should."

------------------------------------------------

Some might wish that there were still formal nights and they are welcome to dress as though it was still formal, but it isn't a requirement to do so...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, 10XCruiser said:

I will be on the Summit in a few weeks.  Are Capris pants ok for MDR in the evenings for ladies?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I always wear them except on formal nights.  If you have a dressy pair, like maybe a satin pair with a jacket, for formal night, that would be perfect!

15 hours ago, zltm089 said:

I'm booked on Celebrity Edge for a 7 night cruise and would like to know if not wearing a suit and tie for the "chic" evening dinner will be an issue?

No need to wear a suit or tie on any night, I took a jacket and didn’t wear it

I have been on Celebrity a handful of times, and we have been all over the Caribbean and even the Med last year.

We are going to asia in January for 2 weeks, does this route tend to be more formal or more casual compared to the above?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Packing for 2 weeks and pre and post cruise is going to be a challenge especially with really dressed up clothing.

Howard

There is a functional search feature on Cruise Critic but it is not used very much anymore. Not sure why????? Wish folks would  at least give it a try before starting yet another dress code thread.

There is a dress code thread almost every week..... many others have been there done that and many of the same  questions have been answered over and over..

Used to be a  Dress Code sticky at the top but I don't see it anymore. Hope the Moderators bring it back...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

There is a functional search feature on Cruise Critic but it is not used very much anymore. Not sure why????? Wish folks would  at least give it a try before starting yet another dress code thread.

There is a dress code thread almost every week..... many others have been there done that and many of the same  questions have been answered over and over..

Used to be a  Dress Code sticky at the top but I don't see it anymore. Hope the Moderators bring it back...

This isn't a "new" thread, hence why we are all posting on this thread with our questions.

I couldn't find any other threads about "dress code" you're referring to.

Search feature..? Some possible terms 

Dress code, sandals, open toed shoes, dressy jeans, chic night , formal night, dress code for  Luminae or BLU MURANO or specialty dining , will I be out of place, buffet, mdr lunch...jacket and tie, tux

If none of these yields results then the Search Feature is not very good! It has  become less user friendly!

• Thanks 1

I usually can get DH into a sports jacket, tie, dress shirt, nice slacks and I try dress shoes.... for first 'formal' night. By the second we are down to dress shirt, unbuttoned, nice slacks and comfy shoes. 🙂 I used to pack a long dress, now I just wear a cocktail or nice dress.... try not to outshine DH 🙂 Capri pants with nice tops is my usual dinner attire.... Mix and matching with colorful tops helps reduce number of items packed.

4 hours ago, thephillykid said:

I have been on Celebrity a handful of times, and we have been all over the Caribbean and even the Med last year.

We are going to asia in January for 2 weeks, does this route tend to be more formal or more casual compared to the above?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Packing for 2 weeks and pre and post cruise is going to be a challenge especially with really dressed up clothing.

Howard

The dress code has been posted here and on Celebrity's web site. Seems pretty clear what it is. There is no reason to be anxious about it. I have been on many Celebrity cruises since formal was replaced with Evening Chic. If you wear a dress shirt and long pants you will be fine and fit in. If you wear a sports jacket or suit you will be fine and fit in. Don't worry about it. 

• Thanks 1