Surprise today for Galveston cruisers

Amadawn1

The brand ambassador posted on his FB page this morning that he will have some very exciting news later today for Galveston cruisers.  Any guesses?  I'm excited.  I've been waiting for the May 21 and after sailings to open for bookings.  Additional itineraries would be great.  I would love to see the Breeze brought back to Galveston as well.

Per Cruise Industry News:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21725-carnival-to-base-four-ships-in-galveston-year-round.html

Carnival Cruise Line announced today that it will have four ships homeported in Galveston, year-round, beginning in 2021.

The Carnival Radiance will join the Galveston-based fleet in May 2021. In addition, the Carnival Breeze will return to Galveston from Port Canaveral, becoming the newest and largest ship to operate a short cruise program from Galveston. The Carnival Dream will shift to six- and eight-day Caribbean voyages while the Carnival Vista will continue to sail its week-long Caribbean cruises. 

All Galveston-based ships and itineraries opened for sale today. With these four ships, Carnival Cruise Line will carry an estimated 900,000 guests annually from Galveston – more than any other cruise operator – on 235 five- to 14-day sailings a year, the company said.

“Carnival is already the most popular cruise line from Galveston attracting vacationers from all across the Southwest and beyond. With these enhancements, we’re providing our guests with more voyages, more destinations and more choices from Texas than ever before,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. 

The Carnival Radiance will launch a new schedule of five- to 14-day voyages from the Port of Galveston beginning on May 14, 2021. Five-day cruises will depart Sundays and feature the Mexican ports of Cozumel and Progreso or Costa Maya. Three different nine-day options departing Fridays will be offered – one calling at Cozumel, Limon (Costa Rica), and a partial Panama Canal transit or a visit to Colon (Panama), another featuring Key West, Grand Turk, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay and Nassau, and a third stopping at Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Two eight-port, 14-day Carnival Journeys cruises visiting top destinations throughout the Caribbean, Central and South America and the Panama Canal will also be offered departing Oct. 24, 2021 and Jan. 16, 2022.

The Carnival Radiance will reposition to the Port of Galveston with a 12-day Carnival Journeys Panama Cruise departing Port Canaveral May 2 and arriving in Galveston May 14, 2021.

The Carnival Breeze will operate a short cruise itinerary from Galveston when it kicks off year-round four- and five-day cruises from that port May 5, 2021. The program includes four-day long “weekend cruises” departing Thursdays and featuring a day-long visit to Cozumel. Five-day voyages departing Mondays and Saturdays will feature stops at Cozumel and either Progreso or Costa Maya.

The Carnival Dream will shift to a new six- and eight-day cruise schedule from Galveston beginning May 8, 2021. Six-day cruises visit Costa Maya, Cozumel and Belize or Mahogany Bay. Eight-day cruises will feature Key West, Freeport, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. 

The Carnival Vista will also continue its week-long cruise program from Galveston with two different three-port, seven-day western Caribbean options.

The Carnival Freedom, which currently operates this itinerary, will be deployed to another homeport to be announced shortly, according to Carnival.

Edited by CruiseAdict218
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Carnival Cruise Line announced today that it will have four ships homeported in Galveston, year-round, beginning in 2021.

The Carnival Radiance will join the Galveston-based fleet in May 2021.

so this means that the Radiance does not return to NYC in 2021..Hmm..wonder what carnival will do for NYC in 2021. Keep the sunrise sailing out of this port for a 3rd year or switch it up with a different ship. Maybe we might get the Freedom..

Edited by shof515

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

so this means that the Radiance does not return to NYC in 2021..Hmm..wonder what carnival will do for NYC in 2021. Keep the sunrise sailing out of this port for a 3rd year or switch it up with a different ship. Maybe we might get the Freedom..

I'm hoping they switch it up, they are upgrading the pier in Manhattan so was hoping for a Dream Class, but I'd happily settle for the Freedom.

Looking forward to the Radiance move.  It looks like the Panama Canal cruises will be through the old locks and that is a cruise that is on my bucket list.  We did the Freedom through the new locks last year.  

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Breeze is going to be doing the 4 and 5 day mexico cruises? What a waste of their best ship.

Yes that's what I don't understand- it seems like the Breeze gets some of the best reviews on here, and it's doing the shorter cruises.

7 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

Yes that's what I don't understand- it seems like the Breeze gets some of the best reviews on here, and it's doing the shorter cruises.

The only thing I can figure is more of the first time cruisers are doing short cruises and they want to make a better first impression on them. They are also charging an arm and a leg on the short Dream cruises out of Galveston. But for me I think you want to have the ship with more things to do like the ropes course and thrill theater on the longer cruises. I'm waiting for the day they send the Mardi Gras or something similar in Galveston doing 4-5 day cruises. It's coming I'm sure.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Still haven't sailed on Breeze and was hoping to do so, but I'm not going to fly to Texas when sailing from FL is so much easier for me (and cheaper) with better itineraries.  Doesn't actually state when Breeze will move, does it?

Sometime in 2021. I'm extra glad now that I have a late Feb 2021 Breeze cruise booked already. That one is FLL, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk. 

Edited by Saint Greg

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Sometime in 2021. I'm extra glad now that I have a late Feb 2021 Breeze cruise booked already. That one is FLL, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk. 

We have Breeze booked out of Ft. Lauderdale with that exact same itinerary in Dec 2020.  It will be our first time sailing her.  I'm disappointed on the shorter cruises out of Galveston, too.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Still haven't sailed on Breeze and was hoping to do so, but I'm not going to fly to Texas when sailing from FL is so much easier for me (and cheaper) with better itineraries.  Doesn't actually state when Breeze will move, does it?

19 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Per Cruise Industry News:

The Carnival Breeze will operate a short cruise itinerary from Galveston when it kicks off year-round four- and five-day cruises from that port May 5, 2021.

Got major Med/TA Legend booked for October 2020 and wasn't planning on sailing again before then since I have a land vaca planned for May, but I may have to squeeze in one of Breeze before she moves!

Just had a quick look at Jan-May 2020 and prices seem really high, especially since I'd be solo so doesn't look like I can do one from Pt C.  Slightly cheaper from FLL but I'll be broke after that long Legend sailing!

And have my first Celebrity sailing booked in March 2021.

Good news is I should be living in FL before too much longer so not having to fly would make a huge difference!

Edited by NCTribeFan