Unlimited Digital Photo Package

m8zenblue

This may have been posted before, but, I could not locate it, sorry.

A couple years ago we purchased the Unlimited Photo Package, I don't recall how much we paid for it.

It included all printed photos and access to online digital, we purchased a separate dvd of highlights of the cruise.

I attempted to purchase the same package again but I see it has changed to digital online only for $200, according to X website.

Does anyone have any experience with this photo package ?

I would love any information before I purchase, thanx.

Yes it has changed.  The unlimited print and digital package is now digital only.  Celebrity also no longer prints out all the photos the ship photographers take on board.  You now can view them only on a screen.  We purchased the unlimited digital package on a cruise in August.  We were able to download all of the photos while still on the ship.  You also get an email one to two weeks after your cruise with a link you can use to download them from home.   As in the past, you need to check while onboard to make sure all of your photos are in your digital folder and let the staff know if any are missing so they can add them.

Lol, funny thing !!!

I did in fact order the "Unlimited Photo Package" today, thinking it was all digital, which was fine by me.

The last time I had this package I received a lot of printed photos and a link with even more pictures.

My understanding is that it's "digital only" now, but, when I ordered it today my receipt states " Unlimited Digital & Printed Photo Package".

So, when I saw this I called back to X to confirm this, it is correct, printed and digital, so the website is not correct or maybe they made a mistake ?

We just had this package on Eclipse (Vancouver to Hawaii). We have 5 lbs of pictures!  & the digital copy. Book it prior to boarding for $200, you can use your 20% (if elite) once on board, saved us $40 

• 4 months later...

This is a bit confusing booking online.  It states "one per stateroom", but when you add it to your cart it gives all the names of the people whom you want to charge  ($199 x 3 = $597!!!).  If I book one package under my name, will my friends in my stateroom be included if I am not with them?

We utilized the unlimited photo package back in January and we had a great experience. On the cruise I asked how much extra for the printed version, and it was only $50. Great deal...since we couldn't print that many 8x10's for less. 

About two weeks after the cruise you'll receive a link to all the digital photos, with access for 30-days to download them.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:55 PM, NMTraveller said:

Edge is all digital.

In Nov  on EDGE ,   for our 12  photo package, we received  prints before we disembarked,  download on board  and an e mail  abt 2 wks later for download.  Cost a bit extra for the prints

Edited by hcat

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

In Nov  on EDGE ,   for our 12  photo package, we received  prints before we disembarked,  download on board  and an e mail  abt 2 wks later for download.  Cost a bit extra for the prints

Ahhhh.  Good to know.

Digital is good enough for me.  If I want prints I send them to a professional print shop for printing on special paper or acrylic.

We did get a zillion prints from our Princess cruise where we collected them every day.  But you look at them once, twice, or thrice and they go in storage.  

I finished scanning somewhere around 15k hard copies.  About a months worth of fun.  Childhood photos, polaroids, slides, you name it.

With digital you can display them on the TV screen.  We cycle through about 4500 photos on the TV.  Some of them scanned prints from the old days and others digital and higher resolution.  It is a great place to display vacation, childhood, and all photos.

Edited by NMTraveller

On 10/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, candr said:

Yes it has changed.  The unlimited print and digital package is now digital only.  Celebrity also no longer prints out all the photos the ship photographers take on board.  You now can view them only on a screen.  We purchased the unlimited digital package on a cruise in August.  We were able to download all of the photos while still on the ship.  You also get an email one to two weeks after your cruise with a link you can use to download them from home.   As in the past, you need to check while onboard to make sure all of your photos are in your digital folder and let the staff know if any are missing so they can add them.

I was just on the Summit in December and there were lots of photos printed out so people could see or buy them. They had three digital ports were you could also look at your photos. I asked what they were going to do with the photos that people didn’t want and they said they will be shredded. I had the unlimited digital package and would go by there studio to just look over the photos they took of us. About two after the cruise ended I got an email with how to obtain all my photos.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:48 PM, awhfy said:

We just had this package on Eclipse (Vancouver to Hawaii). We have 5 lbs of pictures!  & the digital copy. Book it prior to boarding for $200, you can use your 20% (if elite) once on board, saved us $40 

Wait- you can get money back online with the Elite coupon if you bought it already?

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, mdpa said:

We utilized the unlimited photo package back in January and we had a great experience. On the cruise I asked how much extra for the printed version, and it was only $50. Great deal...since we couldn't print that many 8x10's for less. 

About two weeks after the cruise you'll receive a link to all the digital photos, with access for 30-days to download them.

I'm interested in getting the unlimited photo package but have questions, maybe you can help.  When  you received a link to all the digital photos were all the photos of you and the people you were with?  Did someone follow you around to take extra picture that normally wouldn't have been taken of you?  Thank you for your time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any recent data points on what a good pre-cruise discount is for the unlimited digital package?

In early December 2019 pre-purchased an unlimited digital photo package for 50% off for our 2020 Alaska cruise.  That is now a 2022 Alaska cruise and starting to plan for it.  Current pre-cruise discount is 35%.

A real bargain.  We like the  unlimited digital photo package.  We took pictures nightly and enjoyed all special port pictures, boarding pictures and misc. restaurant and around the ship pics.  The hard copies were too heavy and took up too much space in our luggage.   You are given a code when you get home to retrieve your photos and if you like save and create an album with your favorite photos when you get home.  We used a discount on line photo vendor.  Previously under $200- we had over 150 pictures!  

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 11/24/2021 at 10:27 AM, Pickels said:

Very confusing; when I selected The unlimited print and digital package, the selection comes up per adult; and the price is doubled ($398), in the cart.

Checked with Celebrity, even though two names come up on the drop-down, you select only one for the package, and, yes, it's for the cabin.  But the web-site is confusing!  Happy Cruisin' all!