Not A Good Idea or You Can't Fix Stupid

HamOp

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

but the difference is RCCL would have had a lower the life boats to get her out of the water.  Perhaps a crew member could have gotten hurt trying to save her.   What she did was DANGEROUS and stupid.  good for RCI.

Or to pull her body from the water....

10 hours ago, Aquahound said:

That's all kinds of stupid because that isn't even a passenger deck up there.  

'Bought like the kid who got up on the radar mast on one ship, can't remember the line, and got knocked off by the rotating radar antenna and sued.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Just get on with it, already!

On 10/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, TiogaCruiser said:

directly in front of my set up tripod while I was shooting, and camped there

I hate people who get the shot they want and then just STAND there looking around instead of getting out of the way so others can have a turn at the prime spot!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, catl331 said:

I hate people who get the shot they want and then just STAND there looking around instead of getting out of the way so others can have a turn at the prime spot!  

I did an Alaska Cruise on Queen Elizabeth in June. At Hubbard they offered a boat trip to get closer to the glacier. I don't know if it was sold out, but it was pretty crowded. Fortunately, there was just enough space at the railing for everyone to get a shot. Experienced photographers know how to find an opening, and also to make openings for others. I'm short, so I slumped down a bit so that someone could shoot over my head or my shoulder. We were all getting along well, and then a man at the back using his tablet said, "It's so hard to get a good shot." I looked at all the long lenses sticking out over the railing and muttered, "Get a real camera," and the guy next to me cracked up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I did an Alaska Cruise on Queen Elizabeth in June. At Hubbard they offered a boat trip to get closer to the glacier. I don't know if it was sold out, but it was pretty crowded. Fortunately, there was just enough space at the railing for everyone to get a shot. Experienced photographers know how to find an opening, and also to make openings for others. I'm short, so I slumped down a bit so that someone could shoot over my head or my shoulder. We were all getting along well, and then a man at the back using his tablet said, "It's so hard to get a good shot." I looked at all the long lenses sticking out over the railing and muttered, "Get a real camera," and the guy next to me cracked up. 

People like that should just buy postcards.....😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Here's the other Einstein, in case you've never seen him perform his stupid "claim de fame" which got him and his laughing buds kicked off and banned 

OMG !!

That is unbelievably stupid.  

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

In my experience shooting with others with DSLRs, SLRs,  Mirrorless that people are courteous of each other and are willing to share space when necessary. And they generally are able to “get in and out” quickly in order to do that.

<rant> Its those with the tablets that are the biggest “hogs” and problems. It seems there is always one who just has to stand there with the tablet over their head, blocking others with the big glowing screen, camping out and in no rush to move on or awareness of courtesy to others, and not uncommon for them to just jump in front - or push themselves in front of other’s lenses.

</rant>

Edited by TiogaCruiser

I wish there was a way that other cruise lines would also ban these idiots.  What's to stop them from moving to another line?  Carnival Corporation certainly has a lot of brands to choose from -- Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Costa, Cunard, etc.  It seems to me that other lines would have a vested interest in banning these guys from their ships as well.

21 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Its those with the tablets that are the biggest “hogs” and problems. It seems there is always one who just has to stand there with the tablet over their head, blocking others with the big glowing screen, camping out and in no rush to move on or awareness of courtesy to others, and not uncommon for them to just jump in front - or push themselves in front of other’s lenses.

Coming down the funicular in Bergen some stupid woman stood in the middle of the front window holding her tablet over her head the whole way so nobody else could get a good shot! 😠

Edited by catl331

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

Coming down the funicular in Bergen some stupid woman stood in the middle of the front window holding her tablet over her head the whole way so nobody else could get a good shot! 😠

How rude!!! 

I wonder if the people who use tablets to take pictures never had a camera and that's why they have no sense of sharing space and photo ops.